The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Slightly taper the ends of the nylon 1/4x20 bolts in a pencil sharpener. That way they will easily thread into the coroplast flutes without tearing them.

Then to reinforce the joint between the vertical fin and the wing, use a zip tie to keep it clamped down on the wing. Poke a hole about 1/2 inch from the bottom between the nylon mounting bolts, then another hole 1/2 inch on each side of the fin through the wing. Run the zip tie through the holes and around the pine spine to firmly anchor the fin to the plane. The nylon bolts will keep the fin vertical, and the zip tie will keep it secured to the plane.

Asphalt Wood Door Vehicle door Road surface

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Any progress on your PBF with the 40FP?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Worked on it last night,servos mounted,servo rods installed. Tank is ready to mount,thinking how best to mount it.Be soon time to program radio. Never done a duel el setup.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Mount the fuel tank with a piece of foam rubber underneath it. Then secure the tank with a single #64 rubber band over the top of the tank and fastened to a hook on each side of the tank.

To program your JR 9303, follow these instructions:

Set the wing type to DELTA.

Set the elevator, aileron, and rudder TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT settings to the maximum, (150%).

Set the elevator, aileron, and rudder HIGH RATE adjustments to 100%, and adjust all LOW RATE settings to 60%.

Adjust the EXPO setting on the elevator, aileron, and rudder to 40% on HIGH RATES, and 30% on LOW RATES.

Set the servo reversing for each of the elevon servos so an aileron command moves the elevon servos in the proper direction.

If the elevons are working backwards from the elevator stick command, then swap the left and right elevon servo leads at the receiver.

(Note: JR uses POSITIVE values for EXPO.)

Blue Gas Machine Cylinder Electric blue

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I have NOTHING to add...just want to say how cool it is after all these years, ya'll are still doing PBFs! LOVED mine, so many good times.

McDDD...do I still hold the record for the largest PBF? I had a pink foam giant scale version...I think it was about 5 feet. Wish I still had pictures!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
A lot bigger and floater to,not as snappy,but shows most all things can fly,given enough power. Answers a lot of questions,and dont think it flys like a feather or a beast that needs taming. lol

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
FOUND IT!
Yours was 56" wing span.

Here's the link to the old RCU thread:

Sky Plain Tree Grass Grassland

Clothing Trousers Sky Vertebrate Table

·
Registered
12,378 Posts
Great find Dave!! I had a few posts in that thread too. Great times!!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
If you have some time to waste, here's the original Build Your Own PBF thread that I posted on RCU way back in 2002. It finally died after 1,588 posts.

Unfortunately, RCU seems to have deleted a bunch of previous PBF threads after the ProBros and RCU parted ways........or I just haven't been able to find them yet.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I finally found the original Flying Pizza Box thread on RCU that Foamguy posted. This is where the PBF was born.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Got mine finished last night,radio programed ready to go. 37oz less fuel with 850ma pack,40fp,gws 3/4oz servos and 72 receiver. Now for some sunshine to try it out.

·
Registered
12,378 Posts
That's not too bad a weight for a 40FP PBF Plug.
Sounds fun. Can't wait to hear how the maiden goes.
I remember my 1st PBF maiden. Took a little bit to get used to. My 1st flight I was going up and down quite drastically...

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Glad to hear the 40FP PBF is ready to fly!

Just remember that a 40FP PBF is WAY over powered. During cruising flight the throttle will only be about 1/4 to 1/3 open. The rest of the power is there once you start doing aerobatics.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts