The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking should i try a MCCDDD pbf,never been close to one.🛰🚀🛸🚁⛵ yep.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I got one from doinkedit several years ago. It was the most challenging thing I ever flew.
Made a better pilot out of me.
I think it was demonic.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i was looking for latest info on best way to build,got 15,25,40,and bunch of os46. Read most of the post on it,and MCDDDs build site. Been a few years,old news to most,guess it must be about right size,24x24 with 40,and no foam to boot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The man himself would be the best to ask. I run a fp40 with a modified stock muffler (see what are you building thread) I keep busting props though.

·
Registered
16,992 Posts
pbf is good to hoover. but don't ever let it fall over inverted or you will do the nitro J maneuver... you don't know, ask anyone here... i think it means beat the sticks all the way to the site of the crash, i think... i could be wrong...

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Nothing really new, but here's the link to my old PBF webpage.
Dave McDDD's PBF Webpage

Here's a link to the PBF plans. NOTE: The plans have been updated to show the fin/rudder size has been increased to 8"x8" with a 4" rudder.
Dave McDDD's PBF Plans

Here's a video of a PBF from about 12 years ago. Engine is an OS 25FP spinning a Grish 9x4 prop. All up dry weight is just a little over 2 pounds. If you have a 25 size engine that runs and throttles very well, it would be a great choice to put on a PBF. Also notice that inverted flight is no problem.
PBF, OS 25FP, 9x4 prop

Here's another video of an overpowered PBF. Engine is a Thunder Tiger 42GP with a mouse can pipe spinning a Master Airscrew 10x4 prop. Dry weight is 2 pounds, 6 ounces.
PBF, TT 42GP with MCP, 10x4 prop

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Earlier this year I built an electric version of a 24"x24" coroplast PBF, but there isn't enough weight in the nose to correctly balance with the square wing. So I ended up cutting off the front corners to get it to aerodynamically balance. It's fun to fly, but the 25 glow powered version will literally run circles around it.
Asphalt Toy Floor Road surface Flooring

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
About 10 years ago I built an electric PBF out of blue core fan fold foam. It's powered by a 2826 size motor, about 1000kv, spinning a 10x3.8 slow flyer prop. With a 3S 850 it weighs 11 ounces. On a calm evening or indoors, it flies great.
Wood Rectangle Font Material property Gas
Wood Font Material property Rectangle Gas
Table Aircraft Monoplane Propeller Wing

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Definitely do a PBF Plug.. Such a blast! I had 40 and 25 sizes. Both had good qualities. They'll teach you to hover and harrier better than anything else. The indistructability is the best quality of them. My fav maneuver ended up being a full power dive followed by a last minute pull out. Sometimes going right into the ground and cartwheeling off. So fun!!

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Hahaa Chelo. Good video. That was a good low level example of the dreaded inverted PBF death dive at the end... I know that maneuver well!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts