The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been away from RC since Swanny retired. Is there any 40 size kits or ARF’s around these days or is it all scratch building now? I know a few guys years ago were buying profile 40 size ARFs from Value Hobby but I see they no longer have them.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Dougs thread where he plans to do a kit run sometime soon. Not sure when he will though. I can say its a great flying plane but it is electric only. Probably could be converted to nitro but would need to be beefed up quite a bit to handle it.

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
Doug is all we have left. Stinkfinger/ Swany retired and everyone else that used to cut is MIA/AWOL.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I have the ability to cut kits if needed. Don't want to take anyone's business but I don't mind doing one-offs. If you have a kit or design you want cut, or a prototype idea, let me know.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bros for the info. on Doug. I’ll be following this!

Dougs thread where he plans to do a kit run sometime soon. Not sure when he will though. I can say its a great flying plane but it is electric only. Probably could be converted to nitro but would need to be beefed up quite a bit to handle it.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
OK you guys that need a kit now,JoeBob made a offer to cut a few kits. Dougs going to cut soon,so get on the plan and get them kits while you can. If you think on it,if you want a plane not on Dougs soon to cut list,JoeBobs offer is great way to go. Hope i not getting in there affairs,just wanting to encourage you guys that need kits,here are the ways to get it done,kits are so few now and you ant flying wood with out them.

·
Registered
10,567 Posts
There are kits around in the stash of the hoarders here.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Lots of dust buildup on them to. Getting the guys to part with them is the hard part,but for new guys,you got to ask,some one may have a kit on hand. You got to ASK,anyone willing to part with theres. Whos going show there slick 35 build,lots of new guys want to see,a few old ones to. Has anyone built any of sams kits but me,and i be not done yet,dog gone i be slow,and still got the xl to do. Give me inspiration i pray.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
That's funny right there. Snake Guy, are you coming to Ottumwa this year?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I think there's more hoarders here than not,lots of dust built up on kits sitting on the shelfs. But see the wisdom them older guys had,if only we could store the times,and the youth that went with it. Your right Straightup. lol

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Super cool (y) We're planning on Ottumwa too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts