The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I order an aluminum prop adapter to go in between a 2206-1500kw motor and a 8x4 gemfan prop? The motor ‘o-ring/zip tie’ hub is roughly 5.5mm and the prop hub is roughly 6.5mm. What is the technical name of this part?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Measure your propshaft for correct diameter; you're looking for a collet prop adaptor of that size to properly clamp the motor shaft. I personally hate them, but they're all right on smaller motors. Here's a quick search on Amazon. Also available sometimes at Value Hobby, Mile Hi RC, HobbyKing, etc

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measure your propshaft for correct diameter; you're looking for a collet prop adaptor of that size to properly clamp the motor shaft. I personally hate them, but they're all right on smaller motors. Here's a quick search on Amazon. Also available sometimes at Value Hobby, Mile Hi RC, HobbyKing, etc

I think we are talking about two different things. The adapter I am looking for looks like a small stepped washer that snaps in to the prop, as the hex on the plastic prop is a hair larger than the part of the motor hub that the prop sits on.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
are these the adapters you are looking for? 5.5mm ID to 6.5mm or 7.5mm prop. Always thought they were prop adapters. Just not the same as the adapters that come with APC props.
please also check out the APC 3DSF line of props. These come predrilled at 5.5mm.
if these are in fact what you need, PM me, I have a couple extra sets from all the planes I’ve built over the years. I’ll tape them to a sheet of paper and mail them to you.

Body jewelry Silver Material property Jewellery Font

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are these the adapters you are looking for? 5.5mm ID to 6.5mm or 7.5mm prop. Always thought they were prop adapters. Just not the same as the adapters that come with APC props.
please also check out the APC 3DSF line of props. These come predrilled at 5.5mm.
if these are in fact what you need, PM me, I have a couple extra sets from all the planes I’ve built over the years. I’ll tape them to a sheet of paper and mail them to you.

View attachment 146041
Thanks Motown! That is exactly what I am looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts