The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since there seems to be interest in continuing the OhiBro gathering, I'll officially announce the dates as Friday August 12th, Saturday August 13th, and Sunday August 14th. :rockon:

Same place, same style. Come Thursday afternoon if you want. Bring your own alcohol, ammo, and breakfast, I'll provide the supper time eats as usual. More than likely it will be pizzas on Friday eve and I'll probably do ribs and barbecue chickens for Saturday eve. We will plan on this rain or shine. If the flying field is under water, we can all camp and fly in my yard which sufficient for flying slabs and foamies and is less than a mile away at the end of the road. We can shoot at my brothers pistol range next door as well if needed. I also have a 100 yard range off my back deck. No more 1500 yard range off my back deck like my last house but I have a big pond so that kinda makes up for it! :|

Nearest address for those who have never attended is my house. 4931 Andrews Rd Rockford, OH 45882.

I will probably not get a porta toilet this year to save the $100 and just use my camper or you are more than welcome to run up to my house. Same goes for showers if you want one. Feel free to use my camper or run to my house. I will put as many steel plates as I can out on the Island and dam wall again and have some pistol targets and dueling tree set up again. Feel free to shoot what you want but I will will only have targets out to 200 yards +/-. We can put targets out on the 500 yard range if you want but the 1500+ yard range will be off limits for obvious safety reasons with so many people and kids and locals around.

Post up if you plan to attend so I can get an idea on food quantities etc.

Any questions, PM me. Hope to see you all there! :drink:

Attachments

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
I’d like to come but I probably won’t. I just can’t travel that far anymore with my back the way it is. Probably won’t make a nash bro again either for the same reason.

·
Registered
673 Posts
You know I’m in!

Hoping for a better year. Had a good time last year but Mike’s passing sure put a somber tone on the event.

All of the Indiana and Ohio crowd get this on the calendar and show!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Plan a few stops,or get out to walk a bit. Ant easy i know but hope to see you at nash. Flying from a chair ant bad,retrieving it from the ruff sucks. Still get a smile after a good flight.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Yeah buddy! I'm in.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
WoodPilot,have you tried diclofenac sodium gel 1percent,now available at DG and walmart. Arthritis pain rub on gell,it works,i use every day. When i drive i stop and rub it in every few hours. Try it and come to nash,plug wants to see you fly in person,well,like to see all you guys fly. No bull,stuff works. Ohio needs you to.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Not sure how this will work out for me. These are the same dates as IRCHA the big heli event at AMA. I am already registered and paid up on camping for IRCHA. Maybe I can run over for a while on Friday.
Matt

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
WoodPilot,have you tried diclofenac sodium gel 1percent,now available at DG and walmart. Arthritis pain rub on gell,it works,i use every day. When i drive i stop and rub it in every few hours. Try it and come to nash,plug wants to see you fly in person,well,like to see all you guys fly. No bull,stuff works. Ohio needs you to.
That stuff doesn’t help my problem. I have no cartilage left between my L5 and butt bone. It’s nearly bone on bone now. My L5 slips in and out of place as it wants. I can’t do anything for more than an hour at a time without blinding pain. I also don’t have any time off. I’ve been working weekends for the last five years. I’d have to take three days off just to get to go.
it sucks and I do miss everyone but there isn’t much I can do about either. I’ve been bidding for other departments at work to get on a better shift and I’ll have to have surgery eventually but I’m holding off as long as I can because they’re going to fuse my L4 and L5 and butt bone together to ”fix” it and I don’t want that at all.
Maybe I’ll gather some slabs by next year and we can have another ‘tucky bro here in central Kentucky.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
The years take there tolls on us. Well,we do best we can with whats left,shucks,i did most of the damage myself. Hope you get retired soon,then you can take life at your own pace,i still want to do,my body says sit down fool. Planes are great hobby for us,do it as we feel.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Not sure how this will work out for me. These are the same dates as IRCHA the big heli event at AMA. I am already registered and paid up on camping for IRCHA. Maybe I can run over for a while on Friday.
Matt
I'll be at IRCHA also but wouldn't mind hopping over to OhiBro on Friday......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts