The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was just wondering about the state of the field. If things are going as planned maybe we should chime in if you plan to attend. I'll be there!

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, it was dry enough for me to get most of the site chopped. It was damn soft and I could not get very close to the ponds but got as much chopped as I could. We are expecting rain tonight, tomorrow, and Friday as well as next Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully I can get it finish mowed once this weekend and again sometime mid next week. As for now, OhiBro is still on!!! It would be helpful if all would chime in and I can get a better idea of how many are coming so I can get food amounts figured out. I'll keep this updated as much as I can. Hope to see you all in about 10 days!!!

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I wish I could but I'm packing up to move.
Ultimately to a hunting, flying, and shooting friendly 15 acre parcel and possibly a 400yd range.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well, as much as this sucks to type, OhiBro 2022 is CANCELLED! With the rains we have had over the last week, big downpours Saturday and Sunday, the rains we are getting right now and what is expected tonight and tomorrow, the ground is just too soft to flying in the swamp! I will update the thread title so hopefully anyone who was gonna show will see that it is cancelled. Sorry everyone!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well, as much as this sucks to type, OhiBro 2022 is CANCELLED! With the rains we have had over the last week, big downpours Saturday and Sunday, the rains we are getting right now and what is expected tonight and tomorrow, the ground is just too soft to flying in the swamp! I will update the thread title so hopefully anyone who was gonna show will see that it is cancelled. Sorry everyone!
Josh, Thank you for what you attempted have this year and the good times you’ve hosted in the past. I’m disappointed but completely understand. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.

If the Ohio / Indiana guys would like to get together and fly I’m pretty sure I could get my club‘s permission for a one day event. Due to our rules it couldn’t quite as open to some of our antics but the offer is out there. It would be in Tipton Indiana.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Float fly! ;) Bummer, but we cannot predict/change the weather. Unless you're a San Diego weatherman (it'll be sunny and nice), they're notoriously wrong lol

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
I’d offer my club field because we never care for folks to come fly but not only is it five hours south of josh, it’s a swamp right now too. We’re on clay and once it’s saturated it takes a week of sun to dry. We’re only forecast two days of sun so I’d hate for anyone to show up to the same conditions josh is dealing with.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Good thing I checked in, you would have had a guest pulling in Thursday afternoon.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts