The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20,248 Posts
I’d like to come but I probably won’t. I just can’t travel that far anymore with my back the way it is. Probably won’t make a nash bro again either for the same reason.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
WoodPilot,have you tried diclofenac sodium gel 1percent,now available at DG and walmart. Arthritis pain rub on gell,it works,i use every day. When i drive i stop and rub it in every few hours. Try it and come to nash,plug wants to see you fly in person,well,like to see all you guys fly. No bull,stuff works. Ohio needs you to.

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Not sure how this will work out for me. These are the same dates as IRCHA the big heli event at AMA. I am already registered and paid up on camping for IRCHA. Maybe I can run over for a while on Friday.
Matt

·
Registered
20,248 Posts
WoodPilot,have you tried diclofenac sodium gel 1percent,now available at DG and walmart. Arthritis pain rub on gell,it works,i use every day. When i drive i stop and rub it in every few hours. Try it and come to nash,plug wants to see you fly in person,well,like to see all you guys fly. No bull,stuff works. Ohio needs you to.
That stuff doesn’t help my problem. I have no cartilage left between my L5 and butt bone. It’s nearly bone on bone now. My L5 slips in and out of place as it wants. I can’t do anything for more than an hour at a time without blinding pain. I also don’t have any time off. I’ve been working weekends for the last five years. I’d have to take three days off just to get to go.
it sucks and I do miss everyone but there isn’t much I can do about either. I’ve been bidding for other departments at work to get on a better shift and I’ll have to have surgery eventually but I’m holding off as long as I can because they’re going to fuse my L4 and L5 and butt bone together to ”fix” it and I don’t want that at all.
Maybe I’ll gather some slabs by next year and we can have another ‘tucky bro here in central Kentucky.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The years take there tolls on us. Well,we do best we can with whats left,shucks,i did most of the damage myself. Hope you get retired soon,then you can take life at your own pace,i still want to do,my body says sit down fool. Planes are great hobby for us,do it as we feel.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
I need to check the calendar.
This is a FUN event. Island Runner does a great job hosting. I missed this event last year - because of my stupidity. I don't want to miss it again.

I'm penciled in on the calendar for Ohio Bro. Rumor is my son may be home from NYC that weekend. But I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was wondering a bit about the field's condition. About a week ago they had some BIG rain totals just to the west in Ft. Wayne IN. Hopefully they've had enough rain to keep the crops happy and the dust down and not put things under water. Where I live just north of Indy it's so dry it's a bit scary.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Good news, I'm getting a new place with 4 acres and plenty of room to fly, and a 30x36 workshop and barn.
Bad news, we get possession the weekend of OhiBro so I'll be busy moving.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Wow!! That sounds nice Mike! Congrats on the new place!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey all! Just checking in as most of you are. Field conditions are not good at the moment. I was back there 2 days ago and the woods and all the land North of the dam wall are about 2 feet under water. All 3 of the front ponds are about as full as I have seen them in the last ten years. The flying field is not under water but extremely soft and saturated. I was hoping to start chopping it this weekend hence me going to check on it Wednesday but it will be 2 weeks I'm guessing before I can start chopping. Last minute chopping and finish mowing is the usual for the swamp we fly in so I'm not worried quite yet. We are expecting rains this weekend and most of the week next week so.....stay tuned. If we get the rains and they turn out to be big rains like we have been getting, it may be first year we have to cancel. I will avoid cancelling at all cost but sometimes the weather wins. I'll keep this thread updated every few days from here on to keep you all informed.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks Josh. Rest assured we understand if the weather just doesn't allow it to happen. We would happily accept any of the excess rain you're having in my neck of the woods. We got about an inch and 3/4 last weekend in nice steady rain but otherwise it's been so dry for so long I'm genuinely worried about the crops. It seems all or nothing this year. I saw the storms that you guys got a few weeks ago and thought about the field. There were places just east of me that got 6-8 inches last weekend which flooded everything since it was so dry it just couldn't soak in.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Vince. At my house about 3/4 mile from the field we were super dry for all of June and the first week of July. Last week at my house I got 3.6 inches one day and 2.4 the next day. The week before that I got 5.4 inches in one day and had a total of 7.6 inches for the week. Way too much. I'll keep this updated and hope for the best.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts