The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
There are a couple Bro's here that could likely keep up with me.... or would be faster than me.

Reactions: ben_beyer

· Registered
8,495 Posts
There are a couple Bro's here that could likely keep up with me.... or would be faster than me.
Not me.
My guess is that the late Birdman (fence Dave) could at least run with you, and possibly JAG aka (Josh Gibson) from Evansville. BFC, that now, out of touch Jeep rider, maybe could back in the day...

That's all I've met that I know ride anyway.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
BirdBrain did some biking. He was killed in a bike accident a few years ago, sad. I think he was mostly MTB.
JAG is/was certainly faster than me. But also 75 pounds skinner also!
I know BFC had a bike. Wasn't it a time trial type bike with aero bars and such.... like triathalons?

But I don't ride for speed, necessarily. Bike riding is good exercise, and lets me clear my head. And I do all my own maintenance, so the wrenching is fun.
I do a lot of thinking on the bike. Thinking about work mostly, I hate to admit.
But there is also the challenge of hills, and power output, and Segments thanks to Strava. Knocking out a 25 or 30 mile ride on a bike is fun, relaxing, and you can add a quick pit stop for a snack with ease. Climbing a 10 percent hill, into a head wind, when you're tired, and hot, and still have 12 miles to go.... there is a mental game.
Riding a bike in a group, when the group is hauling the mail, is a little bit like playing chess. Where do you want to be in the pack in order to survive? Can you lead at the front, hold your own in the middle, take turns in the front, or is it all you can do to hang on the back and draft. There is also a lot of comradery.

blah, blah, blah... now I'm just rambling...

2022 was a slow year for flying for me. I still burned about two gallons of fuel, and a lot of lipo powered flying. But I spent a lot of weekends on the bike in 2022. And I spent a lot of flying time in 2022 repairing and then sailing a small sailboat (at Eagle Creek) with my daughter. Good times spent with her. I wouldn't trade any of that time away.

I have too many hobbies, spend too much time at work, and there are not enough weekends. But variety is the spice of life.

I plan to do much more flying in 2023.

· Registered
12,711 Posts
Steener does a lot of biking. He has been MIA for a couple of years.
The 3 years he did the Green Bay WI ProBro was a blast!!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts