The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Still got tears in my eyes,HELP me,57, have you ever had a thunk,that you could not unthink. Well l just got mine and its bad, how do we unsee what we have not truly seen. It was a flash,then stuck,tears let me type. I saw,WF riding a bike,in tights,with the top pulled down,l shall never be the same. Capthis,try to see it,if you dare,no, dont,one mind burnt is to many. I back up,a few post,saw what WF had posted,then the flash,need dr,need fast handle cranking,oh plug will never be the same. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sniff: :sniff: :help: :scared: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Nice job Doug, great write up.

I was able to get back in the saddle this year. Joined Strava in May, since then rode 4074 miles, with 202,000 feet of elevation gain. Longest ride was 100.8 miles with 7905 elevation gain.

So thankful to be riding again, my back can finally tollerate it again. Tore a meniscus in a work injury in Sept, it has slowly healed enough that im skipping surgery.

Keep up the good riding, it is one of the few things covid had no effect on for me.

:drink:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Dam,dont do that,tell me thats not you WF. I have never had balls big enough,or maybe just to uptight to were something like that,just when i thought i kinda had you figured out,well one day we shall meet,l hope. Tears in my eyes again. If that pic was only on a bike.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
West Coast Bro said:

I was able to get back in the saddle this year. Joined Strava in May, since then rode 4074 miles, with 202,000 feet of elevation gain. Longest ride was 100.8 miles with 7905 elevation gain.

So thankful to be riding again, my back can finally tollerate it again. Tore a meniscus in a work injury in Sept, it has slowly healed enough that im skipping surgery.

Keep up the good riding, it is one of the few things covid had no effect on for me.

Wow. 4000 miles is impressive. Glad to see your back has healed. Stay away from the operating table if you can.

I'm not on Strava. Or, I might be, but I don't keep up with it. I like to see the data, but I'm not that hard-core about the data. All of my outdoor miles are logged onto the Wahoo computer, and then uploaded to RidewithGPS.com

·
Banned
17,001 Posts
i've got over 5,000 miles on my scooter.

no hill climbing- this is florida!

and i don't wear spandex while riding it, i don't want to look gay! :lol: flip flops and tie dye shirt- or no shirt- on a scooter is already pushing the envelope.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
Doug B said:
West Coast Bro said:

Wow. 4000 miles is impressive. Glad to see your back has healed. Stay away from the operating table if you can.

I'm not on Strava. Or, I might be, but I don't keep up with it. I like to see the data, but I'm not that hard-core about the data. All of my outdoor miles are logged onto the Wahoo computer, and then uploaded to RidewithGPS.com
I get myself in trouble with the data stuff, ride further and higher than I should. For the same reason I have no on board computer that I can see on the bike when riding, causes me to ride to hard.

There are a couple cats in town here with 10k and 15k miles, with over a million feet of climbing. Beasts!! :shock:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Lets see a plc of WF on his bike,with shirt. Dont see no peddles on it,bet the doc wants you to work it out.Well i guess you could push it,that get you puffing,and back to doc.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
West Coast Bro said:
Doug B said:
West Coast Bro said:

I get myself in trouble with the data stuff, ride further and higher than I should. For the same reason I have no on board computer that I can see on the bike when riding, causes me to ride to hard.

There are a couple cats in town here with 10k and 15k miles, with over a million feet of climbing. Beasts!! :shock:
I biked a lot at the end of highschool and into college. Got married and didn't ride for about thirteen years. Then got back on the bike to lose weight, and I was pushing very hard - trying to be as fast as I was at 20 years old. Nope. Two years of that, and I found myself zoning in too much on my computer data and was burning myself out. So, I made the decision to NOT look at the computer during the ride and just enjoy the ride. At first, I put tape over the computer screen so I couldnt see it during the ride. I quickly learned to not pay too much attention and now I ride for fun.... not for speed data.

That said, I've got a nice computer in the cockpit and a power meter on the crank now. I keep a causal eye on my wattage, but not my speed. I know that I can ride for hours and hours at 165 watts. Above 225 watts, and I'm toast in about an hour. So, I do use watts to manage my power output during rides. But it's not something I focus on. The watt meter has helped me get a bit stronger. But I really only focus on how many miles I'm logging throughout the year.

All that said, I do take a look at my ride stats at the end of each ride. It's nice to see a total average (including slowing down for stop signs, etc) over 16.5mph for a 50 mile ride with 1500 to 2000 feet of elevation. It's pretty flat here in central Indiana. The glaciers from the ice age, 20 thousand years ago, essentially leveled the land here in Indiana when you are north of I-70 interstate. I live about ten or twelve miles south of downtown Indianapolis and I-70 - and starting in my area and especially in Southern Indiana there are a lot of rolling hills. In northern Indiana, the terrain is nearly pancake flat for as far as the eye can see in every direction.

There is a guy I know who lives on the west side of Indianapolis. He does more than 12K miles per year, and rides his bike about 360 days per year, outdoors, in all weather. His entire life revolves around going to work and being on the bike. No wife or kids. Just work and bike. But he loves it.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
A week on a cruse boat,with a hooker,never be the same. My friend,lives across the road,by self,thinks a sailboat is living,l say its dieing slow,unless you got hood ornaments ,watch as waves bounce or fishing.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Them put put engines they put on bikes look good,get tired,to big a hill, drop the motor down and cruse ahead. Bit under powered,but that could be fixed.Burning gas is good,better than my legs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wild Fred said:
poor guy! needs to take up fishing. or hookers.
Or just bike watching.....

1) If you focus and look very very close... You can actually see a bike

2) When the apocalypse comes, and bikes are the only advanced mode of transportation, this woman will rule over an entire continent.

3) Girlfriend: "She was just amazing on that bike!" Boyfriend: "What bike?"

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Well, I've been doing this for many years. Here is the 2021 Edition:

OUTDOOR RIDING:

1. Outdoor miles ridden in 2021: 2359
2. Total number of outdoor rides in 2021: 129
3. Average ride length: 18.3 miles
4. Total Feet of climbing: 93190 FEET
5. Total time on the bike: 6 days, 10 hours
6. Number of "organized" rides completed: Three, maybe four
a. "Flat 50" ride in Greenfield Indiana
b. "Five Covered Bridges in 50 miles" in Greenfield Indiana
c. The famous "Hilly Hundred" in southern Indiana
d. I think there was another ride, but I can't remember....
7. I did do some mountain biking in Moab, Utah in the summer of 2021. For those that don't know, I would say that Moab is the 'mecca' for mountain biking. The entire town of Moab is dedicated to 4x4 off-roading, hiking, and mountain biking in the rock and desert around Arches National Park. This was my second time to Moab.
8. I also did a lot of riding with a local club on the west side of Indianapolis. Thankfully. With my work schedule, it was difficult to find time to ride, a lot. The long days at work took a toll. But, I made time for the weekly rides on the west side of town. Those were typically 28 mile rides, with a group of six or eight people, with an average speed in excess of 19mph.

INDOOR RIDING:
1. Indoor miles ridden in 2021: 1094
2. Total number of indoor rides: 73
3. Average ride length: 15 miles
This indoor riding is via an online cycling 'game' called Zwift. Jump on Youtube and check it out if you are interested. It is an online 'game' where you can ride - in real time - with other people from all over the globe in several virtual 'worlds'. There are organized rides, races, and training. It makes indoor riding actually very fun.

Total Miles for 2021: 2359+1094 = 3453

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Thats awesome Doug,some of us would ride with you if you got a wagon can hook to your bike. I think most of us could use exercise. Hard to believe that only took 7 days to go that far,beats walking.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts