Best available 20cc gas engine

Gas and Glow Engine discussion

Best available 20cc gas engine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Not trying to start a brand war here but am in need of information from hands on users regarding what's the best performing 20cc gas engine, needed for a future build that is currently available. Engine brands being considered are DLE, RCGF Stinger and Valley View. Thanks.
karolh
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Best available 20cc gas engine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:09 pm

karolh wrote:Not trying to start a brand war here but am in need of information from hands on users regarding what's the best performing 20cc gas engine, needed for a future build that is currently available. Engine brands being considered are DLE, RCGF Stinger and Valley View. Thanks.

:welcome:
athol probro stickbangers club

"There is room in the Hood for everyone, but not everybody finds a home in the Hood"
- goofy-

"Best part is if you dork a harrier from a few feet up, it's like a decent CJ landing" -steener-
doinkedit
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:00 pm

I own OS, DLE and RCGF/VV in 20-30 cc sizes. OS is definitely the most powerful but not by a bunch. If I were buying again it would be what ever VV was selling in my size with a real Walbro carb and preferably a Bowman ring. I’ve regretted every non-Walbro carb I’ve ever owned except the OS, I’ve ended up replacing them all to get the engine to run right.
Vince L
VinceL
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:06 pm

karolh wrote:Not trying to start a brand war here but am in need of information from hands on users regarding what's the best performing 20cc gas engine, needed for a future build that is currently available. Engine brands being considered are DLE, RCGF Stinger and Valley View. Thanks.

:welcome:

YS140... :mrgreen:
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Welcome to the hood :rockon:

I took Vince’s recommendation and purchased the 20cc VVRC classic with bowman ring. The engine has been outstanding and runs great! :tu:
Heinz57
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Missed you. i got one have not tried yet,DR said no good on 67 fusion,so put on side for now,me think he knows better than i. Will put on mojo 60 when built one day. a no good day to fly,just right to fish.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:18 am

dr. only likes ys.

vv20cc.better than ys for at least a dozen reasons.
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:35 pm

I think hinze57 likes his gas a lot,on mojo i think,plan to try it myself.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:30 pm

sparkplug wrote:Missed you. i got one have not tried yet,DR said no good on 67 fusion,so put on side for now,me think he knows better than i. Will put on mojo 60 when built one day. a no good day to fly,just right to fish.

Just been so hectic lately unfortunately. I really enjoy the moass 60 with the vvrc! I think it still fly’s very light. Thinking about gassing the primo 60 next. Don’t get me wrong I still fly glow. But 60 size and bigger, gas is a very nice option keeping fuel very cheap.
Heinz57
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:05 am

How long before Capthis comes on touting the OS22...............but hey I have 2 OS22's and they are very good.
Extreme Flight RC
B and E Graphix
Castle Creations
jwilliams
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 am

they do look nicer hanging from the ceiling, i guess.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:56 pm

How is the midrange on the 20cc VVRC vs the OS? I am gonna need a 20cc size someday.

If Prowler could stop breaking props on every flight I might get some stick time on the 20cc he has. I forget which one he got. Wait...hmm he is always talking about tearing out landing gear on other birds...
I wonder if there might be a thumb problem going on there. Hmmmm
It takes a special kind of stupid to believe Criminals will follow Gun Laws or Drone laws...
All my Drones are electric except one that is 55cc Gas.
Prowler: "Have JED will travel"
RMM
ProBro #2837
Zamfir
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Heinz57 wrote:
sparkplug wrote:Missed you. i got one have not tried yet,DR said no good on 67 fusion,so put on side for now,me think he knows better than i. Will put on mojo 60 when built one day. a no good day to fly,just right to fish.

Just been so hectic lately unfortunately. I really enjoy the moass 60 with the vvrc! I think it still fly’s very light. Thinking about gassing the primo 60 next. Don’t get me wrong I still fly glow. But 60 size and bigger, gas is a very nice option keeping fuel very cheap.

I used to have a Mojo60 with a DLE20 and flown a buddy's Primo60 with a DLE20 and it is the perfect gas engine for that plane. Mine had stupid amounts of power.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Zamfir wrote:How is the midrange on the 20cc VVRC vs the OS? I am gonna need a 20cc size someday.

If Prowler could stop breaking props on every flight I might get some stick time on the 20cc he has. I forget which one he got. Wait...hmm he is always talking about tearing out landing gear on other birds...

the vv i've had- 1 regular, 1 low profile angle plug- are flawless. the dle was ok, but not as good. the rcg i got makes great power- but burbly. the vv is awesome. i can post links of it flying if you want, thing is like an os 1.20 in power and throttle. a little heavier with ignition but then, i build light. my stuff same weight as ee60 with os 1.20 on pipe, and performs same- on regular gas, with opto kill, 16-8 prop pulls stink outa it.

ask ad3d how his ee does, the vv will do same if built right- and i can show you how to re-engineer it to be lighter, stronger, faster... yeh, sounds like 6 million dollar man intro- but it aint bragging if it's true- muhammid ali-
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:06 am

BalsaDust wrote:
Heinz57 wrote:

I used to have a Mojo60 with a DLE20 and flown a buddy's Primo60 with a DLE20 and it is the perfect gas engine for that plane. Mine had stupid amounts of power.

I guess maybe the PRIMO 60 kit I bought will be next and will have a 20cc gasser!
ben_beyer
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:11 am

Zamfir wrote:How is the midrange on the 20cc VVRC vs the OS? I am gonna need a 20cc size someday.

:rofl: I felt bad breaking his prop at IowaBro last summer, but then every time I've seen him fly it since, he's broken a prop lol.

Anyway, I have a DLE20 on BCP and it's great! Spins 17x6 at 8500+. Had a VV20, which may be slightly different than the current version being sold by Valley View--it was a complete clone of the DLE. Anyway, was initially disappointed--it was almost 700rpm down on the DLE. After about 20 flights (15min ea), it loosened up and was within 200rpm of the DLE without a BCP. I think a new VV20 with a Bjorn ring would be pretty decent.
3D wannabe

"Well, you can't scale down the air molecules that it's flying on,... so keep that in mind." 3dRookie
"Takes a day to learn and a lifetime to master, always something new to learn or refine" AD3D
(3D, DLG or cunnilingus?)
wyo69cowboy
Pro Bro

Return to Engines