The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Revolto setup

9K views 110 replies 19 participants last post by  Straightup 
#1 ·
Looks like some of us that flew or saw c/f's Revolto in action may have to get one.
Definitely on the Bro approved foamy list.
I'm just going to hope Mike (or anyone else) will post here what his setup was, as it seemed perfect, for all to replicate.

Motor

Prop

Servos

Battery

#2 ·
MOTOR 900KV (option)
https://brotherhobby.com/avenger-2812-v3-p00133p1.html

ESC (5.3VDC set BEC) (12pole) (25 Frequency)
https://www.graupner.com/Brushless-Cont ... metry.html

Prop (CW or CCW does'nt matter except when TorQ Rolling) :mrgreen: Thatz something getting used tooo
https://www.allerc.com/graupner-eprop-c ... -9087.html

BATTERY (Dual voltage if you dont have a HV charger)
https://hyperion-world.com/en/charger-b ... -4-35-4-2v

SWERVOS
https://alofthobbies.com/mks-ds6100-servo.html

I would like to see others variants posted in this same format with notes on internal settings on ESC

#6 ·
Here's my setup. Not as light as c/f''s, but still works great, and I already had them.

Motor - ST .10, 1240kv

ESC - Hobbywing 40A

Prop - GWS 10x6

Servos - TowerPro 90MG digital on tail, TowerPro 90MG on ailerons

Battery - 3S 1300

CG - 1.5" behind wing spar

#8 ·
#9 ·
sparkplug said:
ok where you get one,how much,what its look like,maybe a pic,remember down south,s.c. way out of town,enfo hard to come by,plus im way behind on 3d stuff.need a good ,strong plane to learn on.
You watched me fly mine at Eldon. It was the green and white foam plane.

#11 ·
#12 ·
#14 ·
Gotta say it's the BEST foamie I've ever flown! Waterfalls and knife edge spins were crazy tight!

Only problem is the total cost. You could easily get close to $500 into a foamie!

Anyone have a total with a VH power system?

#17 ·
Pretty much the same setup the ole Bouncer's, Primo 15's, EE25's used.

#20 ·
It's possible that some of us that don't appreciate foamys, haven't set them up as well as the balsa planes they fly.

#21 ·
ThumbSkull said:
It's possible that some of us that don't appreciate foamys, haven't set them up as well as the balsa planes they fly.
The spaz vh giles is still one of my favorite planes of all time.

Every TH plane I have ever been handed to try flying has also flown really well...same with the old Bouncers, which KE really well...among other things. But TH sure is proud of there products. I guess it must be the ink and maybe hardware that drives the prices up? But, also, they're still in business, it may take that extra $$$ to survive as well.

Yes, if you set up foamys correctly they can really be great flyers....but that goes for any plane really.

Not sure what my point is here. :drunk:

#22 ·
I would agree that balsa flies better. To me the value in a foamy (specifically EPP) is the durability. I can get stupid or have a brain fart with my TH 39" Edge and do some damage that easily repairable working on it for 15-20 minutes in 2 to 3 evenings if it's bad.

I would agree that Twisted Hobbys is proud of their products but I'm also willing to pay for the airframes.

#23 ·
I just checked out the build sequence on this. This appears to be a very well thought out foamy! Color me impressed. I would expect it handles the wind a little better than a flat plate foamy. Looks like it flys like the VH Giles but bigger and more wind resistant. If VH is going to make something like this I have some ideas on how to use a tube for the fuse instead of all that carbon zig zag that would keep needing repaired. How well does it hold up to dorks? It really looks stiff and would be great out of the gate. But after a bunch of dorks and extra glue, does it still fly well? It just seems like all that carbon would keep breaking at the joints. Not that a feller should fly to crash..just curious.
I have not been tempted for a foamy like this one has since flying the VH giles. I always have a spare but would love some wheels like this for some good off the street front yard flying with a little wind.

#25 ·
Although I've flown a lot of Twisted Hobbys planes, the Revolto is the first one that impressed me enough to buy one for myself. The engineering that went into this kit is very impressive. The inlaid carbon truss system on the top and bottom of the horizontal fuselage is something I've never seen before, and it really stiffens up the fuselage with minimal weight gain. I used normal thin CA at the truss joints, and a couple drops in the middle of each strip. I didn't bother to soak the entire length of the carbon strip, and so far none of the strips or joints have come loose, despite some pretty aggressive aerobatics, and even after a few minor dorks.

If you like the VH Giles, then you will LOVE the Revolto. The full flying stab gives it even more pitch authority than the Giles, but without the "flying feather" feel of the Giles. Today the wind was blowing around 15 gusting to 30, and the Revolto handled it just fine. The only other plane I flew today was my Big McDDD due to the gusty conditions.

The only issues I've had so far have been with the landing gear. The plastic mount is oversized which lets the carbon gear move side to side and back and forth. I ended up laying a bead of hot glue to keep the gear centered and stop the back and forth slop. The other issue is with the wheel pants. The wheels are either too thick, or the cutout isn't deep enough to allow them to roll freely without dragging on the inside of the wheel well. Plus the wheel pants tend to rotate out of position each time the plane lands in the grass. A dab of hot glue between the wheel pant bracket and the gear leg helps a lot, but it doesn't cure the problem. However the way the Revolto flies way more that makes up for the minor problems with the landing gear.

I used to fly my VH Sabre 35 fairly often. But since getting the Revolto, the Sabre 35 rarely goes to the flying field anymore. Why? Because the Revolto is a better flying plane, that uses the exact same airborne equipment.

#26 ·
I did not use wheel pants I used the G10 bracket to span across the aileron servo since it pulled out first flight.

Secondly I put quickgrip under carbon gear to plate then put a single screw centered on each 3D printed strap and went all the way thru strap and gear and lower plate.

I am also building Tanners and since I already snap a moving stab halve off I made a clean repair by finding a brass tube the same ID as the carbon tube, I carefully squirted medium CA in carbon tube and inserted the brass tube into good side with broken side extending outword to slide on broken halve. Anyways I wanted to swap to a fiberglass rod during build but not knowing weight/balance I chose to stick with c/f but Tanners will get fiberglass rod from Mcmaster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.