The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Fatty advice

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  MRBIGG 
#1 ·
Looking for a fatty for 3D/IMAC. I understand that to be serious, you have an IMAC plane and a 3D slab. Figured id ask the Bros because I want an unbiased opinion, not from some of the IMAC snobs saying that if you don't have a 100-200 cc plane go piss up a rope types. Realistically, from what I see the 40%er class is slow and boring. Almost like they don't carry as much energy which is completely illogical. Maybe those who spend 5000 dollars or more on a plane are just too afraid to wring it out or just be a complete CJ. I see better higher energy performances out of folks flying 50cc. It seems to me that all manufactures match the same prices per size. Don't get me wrong, I love slabs just want something that I can blend pattern and 3D better.

#2 ·
I don't even know where to start with this post...
Do you want high energy 3D or IMAC?
If you want to wring the shit out of a 3D plane, then 50-120cc is the size you want.
If you want precision, then you can start it smaller, but bigger does fly better. When sequence flying, you want all your lines to be clean and precise. Your up line and downline to be at the same speed, all or your radii in a specific maneuver are to be the same, rolls or snaps on a line are to be centered...

When you figure out what you actually want, let us know... :drink:

#3 ·
Motowncali said:
I don't even know where to start with this post...
Do you want high energy 3D or IMAC?
If you want to wring the shit out of a 3D plane, then 50-120cc is the size you want.
If you want precision, then you can start it smaller, but bigger does fly better. When sequence flying, you want all your lines to be clean and precise. Your up line and downline to be at the same speed, all or your radii in a specific maneuver are to be the same, rolls or snaps on a line are to be centered...

When you figure out what you actually want, let us know... :drink:
I want to conquer the world!!!! :drink:

Believe me, I understand the concept of pattern/IMAC flying. Up lines, down lines.constant speed and radius and that was the holey grail when I was a kid flying. Hell, I flew before 3D even had a name, but I was doing it to an extent when I was 12 and I called it playing on a stall.

So what do I want..... An Amazon hermaphrodite would be great but.....

I don't wish to compete anymore after seeing what the IMAC crowd has presented to me "Oh, look at me and my $5,000 toy airplane that I cannot land without crashing". I don't desire sponsors hounding me no longer. Recognition is not what I want, and my penis is so thick and veiny.

Thank God we got that out of the way. :drink:

#7 ·
I know the price of used 40%ers has really tanked, but unless you buy a used airframe, you are not going to build one for $5000, not even sure if you bought all new equipment, you could keep a 35%er at $5000.

The Extremeflight Extra or Slick 580 that You can see Jase Dussia, Santiago Perez, Kim Quinette and many others wringing out all over you tube seem to be the go to 3D planes for a lot of guys.

#8 ·
fatty advice? don't do it! :lol: if you must, don't drop big money like the posers. get a bro approved setup. hooks is a good advisor, as is cappy, since they are cheap bastages! in fact, you can probably score a good, cheap airframe from cappy... you might have to re-mount the landing gear, tho. :lol:

#9 ·
70cc mamba is insane.

70cc and 120cc planes are all the rage now and for good reason. Find a decent used one rtf it's the cheapest way in. Anything from Extreme flight is good.

#12 ·
Wild Fred said:
fatty advice? don't do it! :lol: if you must, don't drop big money like the posers. get a bro approved setup. hooks is a good advisor, as is cappy, since they are cheap bastages! in fact, you can probably score a good, cheap airframe from cappy... you might have to re-mount the landing gear, tho. :lol:
You know my big edge made your knees weak and had more the bro powa lol

#14 ·
for the best of both worlds I would probably lean toward an 88" extreme flight edge. But the extra or some derivitive is probably a bit better for clean snap breaks flying IMAC. Prescence is big in Imac thats why they fly those big planes. And yes they do react slower which is why they are great for Imac My 2 cents worth.. If you want to compete beyond intermediate youve pretty much got to go big

#15 ·
Buy my 50cc AW 260 for $500. RTF minus an engine, under 20 flights. Put on a motor, compete with it until you wreck it, then move the mks 777s up to a used 100cc airframe. It'll be cheaper than starting at 100cc and wrecking it.

#16 ·
The new EF 85" Extra would be a good choice--it's supposed to come in right around 16lbs, and any old DA50 or DLE55 would power it very well. Extras always have the reputation for clean lines, plus we know a modern EF airframe will 3D well--good choice if you're going new.

https://extremeflightrc.com/85-Extra-30 ... _5687.html

#17 ·
Smallfly's 60" edge flies amazing too if you don't want a big airplane.

I have two 35cc planes with DA 35's I am sitting on. An EF Laser, and an EF Extra I keep thinking will be a great in between size that I won't be dragging a big plane around, and yet still fly really well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.