The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Weight of 40 sized 55AX profiles?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Dr Constrictor 
#1 ·
I may build one of my Lamyak 40 this winter and put an electric motor on it.
I have been looking at some 42in and larger span EPP foamies and I might use scaled down lamyak plans to build an EPP Lamyak.
I was curious on the weight of a finished Lamyak 40 covered with high quality film might be appropriately?
I'll more than likely build electric versions.
I got two Lamyak 40 kits still NIB and got the itch to build.

#4 ·
4lb flat for my Mojo40 with a 55AX and a macs scotsman muffler. LamYak with the same is about 4lb 4oz.

#7 ·
I need to gear up My LY40 that Brutus built for me.
It will be getting the 6S system that is performing awesomely for me in my Stix 46:
Motrolfly 3615 570KV
Castle 75 lite
Xoar or Sail 14X7 E prop
2 3S 2200 packs in series.

This setup in my Stix 46 is 4 lb 1.5 ounces

Attachments

#8 ·
Straightup said:
It will be getting the 6S system that is performing awesomely for me in my Stix 46:
Motrolfly 3615 570KV
Castle 75 lite
Xoar or Sail 14X7 E prop

That's a great setup. Castle now has a 60A Talon to throw in the mix. I've got one on the way.

#9 ·
ThumbSkull said:
Straightup said:
Motrolfly 3615 570KV
Castle 75 lite
Xoar or Sail 14X7 E prop

That's a great setup. Castle now has a 60A Talon to throw in the mix. I've got one on the way.
I had one of these new 60A talons on my boxer and it kept screeching and cutting out on 6S with my Hacker outrunner. called castle and changed all the timing, never could get it to work right on that setup.

#12 ·
Dr Constrictor said:
I had one of these new 60A talons on my boxer and it kept screeching and cutting out on 6S with my Hacker outrunner. called castle and changed all the timing, never could get it to work right on that setup.
:!: The problem is the Hacker and not the Castle.. I had a Hacker motor that had that problem and Gus and some other Bro's helped me tweak my programming and it went away for me, then I sold it to a Bro and he had the screeching problem and I still feel like crap about it because I thought it was ok. Then I had another Hacker that I thought was fine and sold it on ebay and the seller said the bearings were crap, so I ended up giving him a partial refund. Then I had another Hacker motor and it ran ridiculously hot... So long story short, I will never touch another Hacker motor..

I now own a BUNCH of Motrolflys and have NEVER had one screech / timing loss. Motrolflys aren't cheap, but hassle free confidence is worth every penny!

#13 ·
Straightup said:
Dr Constrictor said:
:!: The problem is the Hacker and not the Castle.. I had a Hacker motor that had that problem and Gus and some other Bro's helped me tweak my programming and it went away for me, then I sold it to a Bro and he had the screeching problem and I still feel like crap about it because I thought it was ok. Then I had another Hacker that I thought was fine and sold it on ebay and the seller said the bearings were crap, so I ended up giving him a partial refund. Then I had another Hacker motor and it ran ridiculously hot... So long story short, I will never touch another Hacker motor..

I now own a BUNCH of Motrolflys and have NEVER had one screech / timing loss. Motrolflys aren't cheap, but hassle free confidence is worth every penny!
After the problem with the hacker and castle I threw a Chinese value hobby esc on the hacker now it works great. :rockoncool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.