RIP Randle P McMurphy 1925 - 1963
nutz
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Sneak Peak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Too much balsa born and teaser photos!! When are these kits gonna be available??
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
McGoo
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm

nutz wrote:Removable wing?

All my wings are removeable or will be real soon. :lol:
AKA "FISH-DR"
The Joker said it best, "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.”
Master Yoda
3DHUSKER
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm

McGoo wrote:Too much balsa born and teaser photos!! When are these kits gonna be available??

Currently only have about 25 kits worth of materials in house. But, I would bet you will see flight vids and build threads before kits are for sale. I've still got to get instructions written, the absolute worst part of the job. Gonna let a couple tester kits out(plan on next week), after some feedback, and likely a couple changes, get the instructions buttoned up and then I'll start selling them. Hope for about a month, depends a lot on others build times too.
gotswrv
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:26 pm

looks cool.. What size 4 stroke ? That would be a good bird for clear covering.

JB
JeremyB
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:39 am

I got to fly it last night. It's rolling SOB!!!!! I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!
Lilmojo say's "If your going 110 mph straight down with a plane, Don't Spin, it Breaks!!"

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:45 am

the hatch panel is retained without screws. A little bevel to the leading edge side of the hatch opening, glue a couple disks on, and a couple short 1/16 balsa tabs on the front and rear side of the panel!!! No more screws!
The ply coupled with covering works as a sprung panel, simply push down and forward a little on the leading edge, the rear pops up. Design even allows you to store the panel forward into the wing. If you happen to love those little screws the disks mounted in the pic are perfect for them.

Can you show some pictures of how this works? Somebody sent me one of these with a Slick wing kit and I'd like to understand a little better on how it works....in order to use it. Looks cool as heck, just don't quite understand how to use it.
Pro <><
HVN BND
WessCo
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 am

WessCo wrote:
the hatch panel is retained without screws. A little bevel to the leading edge side of the hatch opening, glue a couple disks on, and a couple short 1/16 balsa tabs on the front and rear side of the panel!!! No more screws!
The ply coupled with covering works as a sprung panel, simply push down and forward a little on the leading edge, the rear pops up. Design even allows you to store the panel forward into the wing. If you happen to love those little screws the disks mounted in the pic are perfect for them.

Can you show some pictures of how this works? Somebody sent me one of these with a Slick wing kit and I'd like to understand a little better on how it works....in order to use it. Looks cool as heck, just don't quite understand how to use it.

Got to see the second version in the bones at SKC, very sweet build, can't wait for it to be available!!!

The hatches are kewl indeed. Basically, push I think the leading edge of the hatch in and forward and the hatch will slide a bit. Lift the other end out and pull clear, very neat setup really, I would use it in a sec
1903 probro miles in 2010
1449 probro miles in 2011 so far
Studying at home, Studying at work, where ever I can find time!!!!!!!
SlabBro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 am

Okay....I gotta have one!!!!!
[quote="Zamfir"]I wish I could just put wing pockets in everything!!![/quote]
dookieshoot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:46 am

Digging the carbon fibre in the elevator. Does that act as a hinge? I tend to rip counter-balances off dragging ass... :oops: Speaking of ass, does it need Mo? :lol:
Slide 57/OS 120ax BCP | Bristol 48/OS 55ax DTP | MoAss 40/Saito 82 | Wild Tiger/Saito 56 | Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP | PBF/OS 40fp DTP | Demon/OS 32 QTP
Nitro J.
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:21 pm

YA, i"d like to try one of theses...

JB
JeremyB
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 pm

Nitro J. wrote:Digging the carbon fibre in the elevator. Does that act as a hinge? I tend to rip counter-balances off dragging ass... :oops: Speaking of ass, does it need Mo? :lol:

The carbon isn't a hinge, more of a joiner, and helps a lot with torsional loads.

I'll take a couple shots of the hatch setup, and a closer shot of the tail.
gotswrv
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 pm

This is a Sexy Yak for sure!
I drove 4,567,421 miles since the first probro. I was the first one in the gates with my shiny red chevy truck. Going on ProBro # 998. Here I come guys!!!!!!!
Iowa
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Maverick Hobby's