Dualsky Breeze Pro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 pm

which batteries in the dualsky lineup? I was looking at the SL line, which seems to be the super light ones, they have a 250mah one at 16 grams, but I don't think that would give enough runtime. The ~350mah range seems to be the ticket for this plane if you want 6-8 minutes. The SL ones step up to a 450mah after that, but up to 28grams. The Rhino's that I used weren't too bad at 22.5 grams and 350mah. Dualsky also has a GT series one that is 300 mah, but also 21 grams. About 20% less capacity, and almost the same exact weight than the Rhino...

Price definitely wasn't a concern, hobbycity's shipping makes them the same as Troy's would have been, the Rhino just seemed to be the right mix of capacity and weight for me.

Is there another battery you were thinking of Wulf?
ryan_m
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Ryan you have to try the Dualsky 2S 300 GT, it's a 25C pack and the power and runtime are unbelievable. The 250SL doesn't push the current for the rocketship acceleration, the 300 also gives longer flight time. I was flying the 300's at Nash under the lights and everyone was shocked at the performance that this 2S pack delivered. At $16.00 you just can't beat them.
Troy
Lilmojo say's "If your going 110 mph straight down with a plane, Don't Spin, it Breaks!!"

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:27 am

Wulf
Your Breeze setup is ready to ship out Monday morning.
Thanks
Troy
Lilmojo say's "If your going 110 mph straight down with a plane, Don't Spin, it Breaks!!"

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:40 am

Thanks Troy I apprecite it! :D

Now I'l have to subject the Bros to some video torture of indoor flying. :mrgreen:
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Lil Spaz Accel Bipe/Dualsky
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:19 pm

I have one Breeze left at the old price of $45.00, if anyone wants it. All new shipments have gone up and the will now be $50.00.

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 am

I just glued the wings to the fuse and have a couple of questions please.

Troy or RyanM could you please give me dimensions from nose to L.E. of tail servos and ail servo plz. Manual doesnt list and I don't want to have cg issues.

Oh, and hope little Lilly is doing well Ryan. :D

Thanks
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Here are some pics that illustrate my setup.
Balances out fine like this. The one thing I did do was carve out some extra foam so that the servo could mount such that the arms were equal length on top and bottom of the fuse so the pull-pull geometry was the same each way. Same for the rudder. The pictures in the manual showed them offset a bit...

and a couple of Lily pics for ya Wulf. She is doing great!
Attachments
whatever it is I didn't do it.jpg
pooh head.jpg
breeze_servo_closeup.jpg
breeze_overall.jpg
breeze_overall2.jpg
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks Ryan, I deeply appreciate it.

Lilly is absolutlely beautiful and is growing really fast. Luv the pic of her in the mouse outfit I'm guessing.
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:59 am

Wulf have you flown it yet?

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 am

Fuuny you should ask, just taking a break from threading the E. Grrrrrrrr, that thread stuff is driving me nutzoid! :D My Gorrilla fingers are having a real fun time with it. I was going to ask if you double up the thread for the R and E. I'm having a bit of a time tying a knot and getting the thread fairly snug.

Any suggestions?

Also, did you just use the tape for the engine mount, or tape and glue.

Got all the servos installed,ail rods, working on the e and r thread.

Its a nice kit, the fit of everything is real good.

It's coming along fine, hope to have it done soon. I'l post some pics and maybe torture you guys with a boring video as soon as I can. :mrgreen:
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

I cut the string in two pieces a little longer than needed. The I do an overhand knot on the control horn put a drop of CA on it and hit it with some kicker. Then do the same thing with the string on the other side of the horn. Center the servo arm and clamp the control surface level. Then pull the string through the outer hole on the servo arm, pull it tight and twist it around itself a couple of times add a little CA and then kicker. Remove the clamp and make sure the servo is still centered, run the string on the other side of the control surface through the last hole in the servo arm, pull it tight twist it a few times and then CA and Kicker. It really shouldn't take much time. I hope this helps. I put a couple of drops of CA on the mount and then added a couple of pieces of blenderm. It's held up real well.

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Troy, I'l try that.
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:19 pm

I did mind just like Troy said and it worked was very easy.

I am not very good at fancy flying yet so I have dorked it several times and broke the fuse totally in two a couple of times. When I glued it back together the pull pulls were still set perfectly. Haven't had to re due them yet.

You will really like this plane for indoor flying. It makes me look much better than I am.
Charter member of Alaskan's for Global Warming!

I have beachfront property in Icy Bay For Sale.

ProBro 5087
darylm44
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:48 pm

It's more my clumsy fingers than anything. I'l just use some tweezers, it'l be fine I'm sure.
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 pm

Here's some pictures of mine completed this morning. I might maiden it tonight after work depending on who the Foreman on duty is and how many airplanes they have in the Hanger. Usually theirs a couple of Bays open.

Auw came out to 4.8 ounces without a battery. Batteries=22 grams with connector and little piece of velcro. I could have saved a bit more weight but I only had a Berg 7 reciever not a 4 and left the case on cause it's only 3 grams and I didn't want to hack the reciever open. I misplaced the correct Dia. cf for the H stab reinforcement and used what I had. Then I found the right ones on the floor Duh!

It's a nice little kit but the instructions leave much to be desired being this was my 1st indoor plane. Next one I want to "Supercool Hotrod" the servos like Matchless and the pros and use a Berg4 reciever removed from the case.

Thanks to Troy for giving me a fantastic deal on the package,advice and also to Ryan for his help.

I'l bore you guys with a video soon maybe after I feel out me flying this thing at work. Stupid foreman might call the TSA on me. Damn Hanger Nazi! :D
Attachments
Img_0472.jpg
Img_0473.jpg
Img_0478.jpg
Img_0481.jpg
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 pm

A couple of build notes that I believe would make the build a lot easier.

Install and hook up all the servos,ail rods,e and rudder pull pull system and control horns prior to installing any of the cf wing braces,LG mount plate,landing gear etc... The instructions have you install all the cf first which makes it annoying to install the servos and control systems.

Blenderm tape the control surfaces on a flat surface prior to installing the control horns. Bevel the rudder and just use blenderm tape to hinge. Their tape and method of hinging it didn't seem to work for me and Ryanm stated the same.

I believe most people are NOT installing the 2 foam support braces that run along the fuse on both sides. It would make it a pain to get to the radio equipment if installed. If needed a couple of cf supports could be added if you want.

That's about all I can think of.
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:19 pm

I finally got to fly my Breeze "Indoors" today after flying it around in front of my house and getting blown around last couple days.

I flew it in our gigantic hanger at work that can House 2 Boeing 777's! Talk about having enough room to go nuts. :D Flying it indoors is like night and day compared to outside.What an absolutely beautiful flying plane. I've never flown another F3P plane so can't compare it but it just flies around so light and slow but the damn thing tracks so straight. Hovering and harriers are like being on autopilot. Going around myself in circles inverted was super easy also.

Knife edge and Hake's really easily. Just my peanut brain had to concentrate a bit doing it. Hovering it straight up and just rotaing it was real easy also. Doing that stuff outdoors with a bigger foamie is much harder cause of the wind.

Little bit of screw around throwing it around was a lot of fun. Really fast snaps and tumbling it lotta fun.

Muahhhhhhhhhhh. I love this indoor stuff Troy. I've got the bug and am going to build a Andrew Jesky Osiris next. Love the look of that plane.

Anyway Im extremely happy with the way this plane flies and if you have access to an indoor arena or whatever I highly recommend trying one. It's just really enjoyable and inexpensive. That to me is what this hobby is all about. Not having to spend a gazillion dollars on a scale plane to get a great flying plane and having a blast doing it. :D

I'l see about doing a boring video soon so I can submit you to some audio video torture. :mrgreen:
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:59 pm

Wulf_Flieger wrote:It's more my clumsy fingers than anything. I'l just use some tweezers, it'l be fine I'm sure.

Let's keep on topic here, Wolfie
Radioav8tor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:03 pm

:mrgreen:
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe
Sabre 15
Q Extra 260 Foamie
Sabre 47
Boxxer/Scorpion
40 size Sbiatch/Scorpion
Wulf_Flieger
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Congrats Wulf, I'm kinda getting obsessed with the indoor thing to, but I went with a less precise more durable option, but I love every minute of it, especially being able to fly in my front yard, weather permitting :)
Attachments
Picture 441.jpg
Dewane
Pro Bro

PreviousNext

Return to Maverick Hobby's