Dualsky Breeze Pro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:24 pm

I actually like the smaller A10-15S the best. The A10-9L is a beast, more power than you really want.
Lilmojo say's "If your going 110 mph straight down with a plane, Don't Spin, it Breaks!!"

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Just out of curiosity, what seems to be the prop of choice for the A10-9L on 350 2s packs? I've tried the white GWS 8x4 and it seems to be just a bit loaded. The APC 8x3.8 seemed a bit better but still seemed loaded.
Adam Q
Acro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 pm

GWS 8X4 works real well.
Lilmojo say's "If your going 110 mph straight down with a plane, Don't Spin, it Breaks!!"

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:53 am

RyanM had some construction questions about the Breeze.
Here's some pic's of where I have the radio gear located. The CG is 3 1/2" back from the leading edge. The pull-pull cables were pretty easy, I tied a
overhand knot at the control horn and then gave it a drop of CA. I clamped the control surface so it was centered and the servo was also centered. I then ran the cable to the servo arm. I put it through the hole in the arm and then wrapped the line around itself 3-4 times, pulled the cable tight and then 1 drop of CA to hold it. I then took the clamp off and repeated it on the other side, pulling the cable pretty tight on that side. Not Guitar string tight, but pretty tight. I hope this helps.
Attachments
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1734.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG
IMG_1731.JPG

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:42 am

And it comes with all that cool CF hardware?
Pro Bro #1008
"King of the Yard Dart Violators..!"
birdie_in_texas
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 am

birdie_in_texas wrote:And it comes with all that cool CF hardware?

holy crap Birdie is alive!!!
you pick it and I click it!
click the pirate
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:46 am

Sure I am..! :) Mostly lurking, but every once in a while I have a burning sensation and feel the need to ask stupid newb questions.

You doing ok Click?
Pro Bro #1008
birdie_in_texas
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

birdie_in_texas wrote:Sure I am..! :) Mostly lurking, but every once in a while I have a burning sensation and feel the need to ask stupid newb questions.

You doing ok Click?

Yup all is well, are you going to Ho Bro??? I should have my rediculas Boxxer done by then.... you can come and see if if self implodes on the maiden...lol

Hijack over!
click the pirate
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:59 am

click the pirate wrote:
birdie_in_texas wrote:Sure I am..! :) Mostly lurking, but every once in a while I have a burning sensation and feel the need to ask stupid newb questions.

You doing ok Click?

Yup all is well, are you going to Ho Bro??? I should have my rediculas Boxxer done by then.... you can come and see if if self implodes on the maiden...lol

Hijack over!

Will not be able to make it..:(

The wife has another surgery coming up March 10, so what little finances I got are pretty much concentrated on just trying to keep the house, although I been begging Quinn to make me another skeeter. Maybe Obammy will bail me out..!

Wish I could..would love to see the next evolution of the "Bee"..I love that red one..was awesome watching it do stupid retardo tricks!
Pro Bro #1008
birdie_in_texas
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 pm

birdie_in_texas wrote:
click the pirate wrote:

You doing ok Click?

Hijack over!

Will not be able to make it..:(

The wife has another surgery coming up March 10, so what little finances I got are pretty much concentrated on just trying to keep the house, although I been begging Quinn to male me another skeeter. Maybe Obammy will bail me out..!

Wish I could..would love to see the next evolution of the "Bee"..I love that red one..was awesome watching it do stupid retardo tricks!

That sucks, hope everything turns out ok!

I am sure that it will get video'd, so watch for implosion at HoBro coming soon to a computer near you!! Still working on the "next" evolution... but I have lots of stoopid ideas.... HAHAHAH
click the pirate
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 pm

birdie_in_texas wrote:And it comes with all that cool CF hardware?

yep. Pretty complete kit.
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 pm

I would love to get one and try it out..I still have a park 300 and some little bluebird servos that work..but $45 is kinda out of my range..I got the prints for the foamyfactory yak I can just cut out of a sheet of depron (if I could find any) and try to paint it purty...

After Obammy rescues the economy, I am sure I will be able to buy a case of these! hahahha

And by the way..SUPER AWESOME FLYING in those Vids..!
Pro Bro #1008
birdie_in_texas
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Ryan have you flown it yet?

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:37 am

Our indoor fly-in is tonight. Finished it up last night just before dark. Couldn't stand it, so I took it outside and flew it in the semi-darkness since there was no wind. I screwed up on the aileron pushrods, the 'rons are both up about 10 degrees in a spoileron type config. Need to fix that, but I flew it that way anyways. Also had the wrong prop - need an 8x4.3 for the motor I have but only had an 8x3.8. Flew it anyways even though it just barely has enough power to pull out of a hover. It is hovering at a bit above 3/4 stick right now. But I did manage to fly it around for a few minutes in the neighborhood. Need to get the right prop and fix the rons and then I'll get a better opinion of it...
did fly nice and slow though, and I haven't put the airbrake on the back of the 'rons yet. That was my #1 goal since our indoor space is SMALL.
Once I get some more experience with it I'll post up more thoughts on how it flys.
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Fixed my aileron problem before the indoor fly, and got the right prop. So I was all set for indoor flying. Prop made a HUGE difference. Was able to hover somewhere around 1/2 throttle, maybe a hair above it with the hobbycity motor I used. Didn't put the airbrake boards on the back of the 'rons yet, wanted to make sure the prop had enough oomph first, but even without those it definitely flies around nice and slow. Our indoor gym is pretty small, you pretty much have to fly around in a harrier the whole time to keep the speed down. Fortunately the Breeze does those rock solid. Very easy to control. Managed a few knife edge type passes with it, and hovers are super easy too. Sorta tried a rolling circle once, but since I can't do those with the rudder very well I wound up losing too much altitude and plopped in on the ground, right onto it's landing gear. A bit of a hard landing though, but no damage.

I need to fly it around a few more times and really get comfy with it, but so far it flies every bit as good as I was hoping for it to. Just need to get my skills and comfort up for flying in such a tight space!
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Hey Ryan
What's it weigh? What battery are you using? The drag brakes may help alot in a tight gym. It should weigh 4.5-5 oz RTF with battery.
Troy

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 pm

My all up weight came in at 5.2 oz rtf. I used quite a bit of extra glue... the foam safe ca I had was old and wasn't setting well. Near the end of the build I bought fresh glue - what a difference! Should have done that from the beginning and used that instead of using more of the crappy stuff. But still it flies great. I used this motor:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=5381
and these batteries:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/stor ... oduct=7301
had some servos and an ESC already, they were 5gram HXT-500's and a generic 10 amp ESC. Could maybe shave a few grams by using a 6 amp ESC, but I'll probably just leave it as is.

If I had it to do again I would use the DualSky motor with a built in ESC. Fewer wires, fewer solder joints, simpler cleaner looking.
This one: http://www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/cata ... -2275.html
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:40 am

Ryan try it with the brakes on, I think you will find it helps.
Troy

ProBro #956
funflyr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:09 pm

I plan to... hoping for a nice calm evening in the next few days. Temps are going up here and the evening is becoming a viable fly-time since it won't be 30 degrees outside!
ryan_m
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 pm

Damn Ryan your always full of good info. I never realized they made a motor with a built in esc.

You may want to look at the Dualsky light batteries. The 2 cells are very affordable, Troy could get them for you at a better price I'd bet and you'd knock off some weight.

Just a thought.

Hope you engoy it. :D
Nitro Planes
Sabre 57 Saito 125
Boxxer Saito 82

E-Fag Planes
40 Size Yak 54 VH G-40
Primo 15
Bouncer
Nite Bouncer
Airfoilz Bipe
PA AMC Bipe