The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

WANTED: Spektrum DX7 or greater

862 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  joebob 
#1 ·
I've been teaching my pastor to fly and after crashing his AeroScout, he wants to get the EFlite Air Tractor. But we need a transmitter capable of accommodating the model. I think we need at least a 7ch radio, (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, Throttle disable, SAFE modes, and flaps). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Never used the Spektrum stuff and don't know how it all works.

Anyway, would like to find a good used 7ch or better radio capable of DSMX. I know we could get a OpenTx radio with multiprotocol, but I want to keep things as simple as possible as he's not very tech oriented and has enough trouble with a simple 5ch setup. Trying to keep the budget under $180 if possible. So if any one has a spektrum radio they aren't using, hit me up!

Joe

#2 ·
just don't buy spread rectum. thom in gville has a turdigy with a frsky module, will fly anything without brown spots. pm him, go get it, free. or do what you want, just saying.

wf has spoken, your interpretation may vary. but it's the truth.

#3 ·
If it were me I'd get him a radiomaster and be done, but he needs something as simple as possible. I don't want to overwhelm him with info he will probably never understand and run the risk of him getting discouraged and quit the hobby before he even gets going good.

#5 ·
email thom, the frsky will run spread rectum, thom has several jr style receivers i gave him cause i didn't wanna flip switches on back of module. it works, and works well. and free. and spare receivers. and close to you, and thom probably send to you if you pay shipping, he's an istokpoga boy like me and will do anything for anyone... if you put up with his wiseassery...highlands county thing, i can't help poking fun and stuff, it's the autism and raised in central fla. makes me sheldon cooper/larry the cable guy...i'm just kidding most of time. but seriously, pm thom in gainesville about it. he'll hook you up.

#6 ·
:lol: thom has flashed it with a user freindly protocol that even i could understand- he flashed mine, too. is intuative. easy to navigate. much better than original setup, like a futaba. pin switches back of module, both down jr. 1 down 1 up frsky. i don't know past that, that's all i use and i'm a simpleton!

#7 ·
joebob said:
If it were me I'd get him a radiomaster and be done, but he needs something as simple as possible. I don't want to overwhelm him with info he will probably never understand and run the risk of him getting discouraged and quit the hobby before he even gets going good.
Translation........

Ima a poorly paid man o the faith,but i still need to have fun, cheaply.please help me, god bless!!!

I got a hundred dollar bill for the cause, joebob.better than a gofundme account :roll: get some of these other righteous boys to get on board!.fathers day soon enough..........

Fer fuck sakes!!!
Im starting to sound like greyeagle!!!!,or sparkplug.,sorry guys,i will tryto be a bit more articulate.

#9 ·
Thanks for the offer, doink, I'm talking to him about better options now. He just got the EFlite Air Tractor for his second plane. Looks like he's going to stick with it, so I think a better, more versatile TX would make more sense, and he wouldn't be tied to a particular protocol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.