2-stroke gasser oil %ages for coopers 2-stroke oil

The best juice for your birds.

2-stroke gasser oil %ages for coopers 2-stroke oil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey Brian, what %ages do you recommend for your 2-stroke oil? Jack told me to run 50:1 in my DA150 which I have, but I also have a good old Fox 3.2 and a ZDZ 50 that I just got my hands on that I also run. What mix should I run in those two? The same, or different?

BTW, I'm loving how clean the 50:1 burns in my DA150. I used to get all sorts of speckles out the exhaust from the amsoil - none of that now with your oil!
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:39 am

Ian,
50:1 is a great place to run the oil at in all the modern engines. For break-in, you can run a gallon or so at 32:1 and just fly it in great big cuban 8's to compression load and unload the ring. This will facilitate a smooth and even break-in. No need to run a cheap lawn-boy lube or anything like that, synmthetics break in the ring just fine and provide for a much longer ring life and compression seal over pertoleum oils. No need to baby the engine, just fly the first gallon or so a touch rich and insure it gets plenty of loading and unloading. no prolonged or extended hovers for the first gallon or so. you know your engine is broken in when it will hold a maximum rpm setting, on the ground, without wavering much, if any.

Fox, DA, 3W, Venom, etc... as long as its a modern design with tight clearances, the 50:1 will be great. If its an old design like the antique Homelite chainsaw engines, you will want to run whatever is recommended for oil content because the oil is a critical part of the lose ring clearance and will be the only way to get a good compression seal.

This synthetic compound I use will fash ash and carbon free if and when it does burn during combustion. You will not get any carbon buildup on the piston, ring, head or plug like any other 2-cycle oil out there. It also leaves a nice coating of oil on all the internal parts even after the gas evaporates off. You would have to run it so extremely lean and choked off of cooling air for this lubericant to be flashed off during combustion.

If you do get carbon deposits in the engine, it is from the gasoline and gasoline additives, not this synthetic. In fact, this synthetic compound lube has very high detergent qualities to it and will actually clean out the ring and piston of previously carboned up engines. The additives I use in it will not burn or flash off under even very hot running situations.

Hope this helps you Ian...

Brian
Fuelman
Way too busy making a living!!!
Former owner of:
Cooper Fuels LLC
Deamon Clean
Nitro Scent
Cooper Hobbies
Ziebart
Fuelman
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:31 am

Brian,

I didn't see your oil on your website. Do you sell/ship it? I have a MVVS 35 on the way (it's fully broken in) and would love to try some of your oil in it.

Bill
"It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either."
- Mark Twain
Berwyn Bill
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:36 am

Bill,

$10 per quart plus shipping.
Fuelman
Way too busy making a living!!!
Former owner of:
Cooper Fuels LLC
Deamon Clean
Nitro Scent