mojo 40 build questions

mojo 40 build questions

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:01 pm

while building the center rib assembly I noticed that the instructions have you place the ribs upside down over the motor mount. I noticed this because I lined it up on the full size plans. Is there any reason for this or was this a mistake in the assembly instructions? I also think the instructions are a little confusing at times like when carbon fiber is refered to as CF and the assembly instructions are in black and white and the CF Strip looks like a magic marker line on them
wugly
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: mojo 40 build questions

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:36 pm

wugly wrote:while building the center rib assembly I noticed that the instructions have you place the ribs upside down over the motor mount. I noticed this because I lined it up on the full size plans. Is there any reason for this or was this a mistake in the assembly instructions? I also think the instructions are a little confusing at times like when carbon fiber is refered to as CF and the assembly instructions are in black and white and the CF Strip looks like a magic marker line on them

What was Paul thinking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Wells
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:46 pm

best thing to do is review the mojo for dummies thread in the kit/ arf build threads. When I build my first mojo I was glued to that thread since it was so detailed and showed everything very well.

The ribs are done upside down because you are building the wing upside down. The side you see while your building it before you flip it is the bottom....the side with the tabs is the top.
p3ripperfw
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:31 pm

I would agree that you need to review the Mojo for Dummies thread. This should answer most any question you could have, although, the instructions are quite detailed.

The abreviation of CF for carbon fiber should be pretty easy to understand IMHO. I'm also not too sure what photo you are referring to, but please keep in mind that the WHOLE WING is built upside down too. Please don't go any further until you are completely familiar with the instructions and understand what it is that the step you are doing will reveal in the way of a component or assembly.

Questions can be answered here too. Have you built much?

J.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!-Benjamin Franklin
Burrito Bandito
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:13 pm

I can't beleive you guys are sending a newb to the dummie thread after his second post. :shock: :lol:

Welcome aboard wugly.
BRUTUS
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:57 pm

I know that the wing is built upside down on the building board but I am referring to the construction of the center rib. The plans show the rib laying on the engine mount with the servo mount holes on the bottom and the cutout for the bottom of the engine mount on the bottom like it should be. The instruction manual though on page 3 fig 8 show the rib in an upside orientation with the proper orientation of the motor mount according too the plans. This has caused me confusion
wugly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 pm

servo mount holes on the bottom and the cutout for the bottom of the engine mount on the bottom like it should be.

do you mean the three holes in figure 8 on page3 ? those are for the landing gear block supports not servo mounts.

I'm building a mojo 4o now also, just have the ailerons left to frame up. otherwise i it all done in the bones :D
Hummer3d
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 pm

Page 3 fig. 8 is showing everything correctly. Moondust is right......that is the set of holes that are for the LG (landing gear) blocks.

J.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!-Benjamin Franklin
Burrito Bandito
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:30 am

I am not talking about the three holes in the motor mount but the cutouts in the rib itself in which you will install servo rails. The rib is upside down as compared to the motor mount. I know the wing is built upside down on the building board but shouldn't this piece be built rigght side up because it will be locking into the motor mount right side up when it is done. That is my point of confusion. I have built wings before that are built upside down on the building board but I don't understand why you would want this assembly built so upside downso it slides together in early constructions but in final assembly you want it flipped over to right side up
wugly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:21 am

Burrito Bandito wrote:Page 3 fig. 8 is showing everything correctly. Moondust is right......that is the set of holes that are for the LG (landing gear) blocks.

J.

Are you sure this is right? If it is I think I built mine wrong.
Attachments
figure8.jpg
R-Wells
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:09 am

The use of the motor mount in that pic is purely for set-up and spacing purposes. I agree that "technically" it is upside down. However, in that pic, the motor mount is being used to insure that the MM assembly slides into the center rib assembly correctly. It doesent matter in this case, because it goes in either way.

Have fun with the build.........Don't over think it either :D

J.
Burrito Bandito
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:03 am

the motor mount doesnt glue in until the wing is build. Just like bandito is saying it is purely used at that point for spacing and setting up the cetner rib assembly after that it is pulled out and not put back in until the wing is ready to put into the fuse assembly....at that point you just want to make sure the notch on the bottom of the motor mount is on the bottom as well as the wing is facing the right way before you glue it in.
p3ripperfw
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 am

ok then I am not an idiot and the instructions are a little tourqued. I was just checking so that when I am finally done the plane flies as good as everyone says. I read directions first and when something was not adding up I would rather get help with understanding before building then with breaking down and repairing
wugly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:52 am

wugly wrote:ok then I am not an idiot and the instructions are a little tourqued. I was just checking so that when I am finally done the plane flies as good as everyone says. I read directions first and when something was not adding up I would rather get help with understanding before building then with breaking down and repairing

honestly these fly just fine with wing tips missing, elevator halves missing, broken fuses, broken rudders, 1 aileron and just about anyother damage...even cardboard wing halves......

like the saying goes.....its just a profile!
p3ripperfw
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:45 pm

??? I had no problem building mine. I didn't bother with the instructions or mojo for dummies thread, I don't need no stinkin instructions!

Here's a picture of how mine came out.
Attachments
P1010070.JPG
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Wild Fred wrote:??? I had no problem building mine. I didn't bother with the instructions or mojo for dummies thread, I don't need no stinkin instructions!

Here's a picture of how mine came out.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Looks like it came out like an Ultimate :D

I didn't have enough balsa in mine to do that :? :D

<Edit>NOW your pic comes up! :D

J.
Burrito Bandito
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:41 pm

GO AWAY,see a doc,get help. But find someone who cares.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 am

Cheerful sexy boy
aqiang9292
Pro Bro

Return to Swany's House