Texas Hobbies looking for prototype builders

Texas Hobbies looking for prototype builders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:56 pm

Bros, I'm starting to run into a wall with my designing. I have more ideas kicking around than I have time to build. I'm looking for some good solid builders to help me out. Here's what I have coming up:

EVO Edge V3 50" - I need one of these built to make sure that all the updated CNC parts fit and match the plans like they should. This will be a single plane build, no need for build photos or anything else. Whoever volunteers for this gets a $150 kit at or under my cost to order everything, probably sub-$100. Of course you keep the plane when you're done.

EVO Edge and cap 43" - These will be brand new prototype builds. Since they are essentially a shrunk down 50" I don't expect any problems but I would like an experienced builder who doesn't mind taking a few specific photos along the way for the manual. These will be a 2-for-1 build. I'll supply two kits of each type, the builder keeps one, I get the other. Either these can be done for pickup at an event or ARFed and shipped. One person doesn't necessarily have to do both the edge and cap, they can be split up.

If you are interested in any of these projects please send me a PM. If I don't know you well please reference any past builds so I can get an idea of your skill set.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Texas Hobbies looking for prototype builders

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 pm

I would love to do one of your 50" edges Ian. :rockoncool:

Any way to stuff a proto kit in the same box with the Cap? :tu:
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Not a skilled enough builder. But the 43" edge sounds like a 40fp/DTP fit.
libido_knievel wrote:I've done a lot of shit. And lost a lot of brain cells in the process but NEVER have I been so fucking high to be able to read what you post, Eagle. That fucking trip your on must be fucking awesome!
Goofy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Goofy wrote:Not a skilled enough builder. But the 43" edge sounds like a 40fp/DTP fit.

That's the idea. I want to build it solid enough that the 40FP won't tear it to pieces.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I'll be your Huckleberry.. :hey:

...any size :rockoncool:
Slide 57/OS 120ax BCP | Bristol 48/OS 55ax DTP | MoAss 40/Saito 82 | Wild Tiger/Saito 56 | Yak 40"/OS 40fp DTP | PBF/OS 40fp DTP | Demon/OS 32 QTP
Nitro J.
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:56 pm

iBang wrote:
Goofy wrote:Not a skilled enough builder. But the 43" edge sounds like a 40fp/DTP fit.

That's the idea. I want to build it solid enough that the 40FP won't tear it to pieces.

That's the beauty of the 40fp, it hardly has any vibes, it's light, good power on a pipe, and sips fuel.......3to4oz tank for a decent 8-10 minute or longer flight. I think I'm getting about 7-8 minutes on just more than half a tank on the 4oz I got on the nose of my wagon.

If it can be built under 3#'s...........just the thought of the violence of that edge on bigboy throws is giving me a stiffy right now.
libido_knievel wrote:I've done a lot of shit. And lost a lot of brain cells in the process but NEVER have I been so fucking high to be able to read what you post, Eagle. That fucking trip your on must be fucking awesome!
Goofy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Well you know I love 40fps and thanks to nitroj I have an extra waiting on a slab
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm

If you havnt found your builder yet just send them on over.
I still need to send you the t shirts you wanted
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Goofy, I think you would be a great build candidate for one of these. You have just enough build skills and drive and you could help with a manual with questions since you haven't built so many kits you modify everything....LOL Don't take yourself out of the running.

Mo
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm

I wouldn't call him a beginner but a few questions a "beginner" would have would be great to include in the Manuel.
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Motowncali wrote:

Goofy, I think you would be a great build candidate for one of these. You have just enough build skills and drive and you could help with a manual with questions since you haven't built so many kits you modify everything....LOL Don't take yourself out of the running.

Mo

True, but the biggest Bitch for me is time and motivation. I got a WWRC LamBach and concept ultimate on the bench, I started both and just haven't gotten back to it. I'm on a little vacation with the wife till Sunday and I'm hoping when I get back I can find my way to the bench............NashBro is coming up muthafukas. :rockon:
Goofy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Looks like I will have people fighting for the little birds...

Goofy, you do have the advantage of being the closest of anyone. If you're ever in or near Austin I could meet up with you to pick up a plane.

Thanks for the offers Jake and J, I'll put you both on the contact list when I get the design work done. All of these are at least a month or two out from having CAD work done. I have my check ride and training for my pilots license going on right now plus I really need to finish off the switchblade for the design contest before I start back into the EVO series stuff.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:21 pm

iBang wrote:Looks like I will have people fighting for the little birds...

Goofy, you do have the advantage of being the closest of anyone. If you're ever in or near Austin I could meet up with you to pick up a plane.

Thanks for the offers Jake and J, I'll put you both on the contact list when I get the design work done. All of these are at least a month or two out from having CAD work done. I have my check ride and training for my pilots license going on right now plus I really need to finish off the switchblade for the design contest before I start back into the EVO series stuff.

I work in Austin so I'm there most days of the week. What's your timeline? If I can get off my ass on the LamBach I will commit to whatever......... but just know whatever I build is gonna get a 2stroke piped.......that just how I roll muthafuka. :mrgreen:

It might work out best anyways, YOU will need to fly it and see if it's got what your looking for.....I can build it but I don't have the talent at the sticks yet to run it through its paces and see it's true potential.
Goofy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Goofy wrote:

I work in Austin so I'm there most days of the week. What's your timeline? If I can get off my ass on the LamBach I will commit to whatever......... but just know whatever I build is gonna get a 2stroke piped.......that just how I roll muthafuka. :mrgreen:

It might work out best anyways, YOU will need to fly it and see if it's got what your looking for.....I can build it but I don't have the talent at the sticks yet to run it through its paces and see it's true potential.

Much better attitude Goofy. Now your talking. See you have 2 months to get that Sbach done and off the bench and you can get on the list for an EVO kit and pipe that biatch. I'm planning on piping mine. 50" 5 lb plane with an OS .75 piped. I have an OS .91 and .95 that I need to order headers and pipes for. My DLE 30cc will need a pipe too. That is why I was asking when the next order is going to be....
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:46 pm

If you want one built with a Saito 82 in the nose, let me know.
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Goofy wrote:

Well like I said, the little guys I would like to do as a dual build. I give you a pair of kits, you build two, keep one for yourself. That's always kind of been the accepted standard of cost for building stuff so I figured it would work well here. That way I would get one for myself that I can setup with my preferred efag setup and start testing and you get one to do your way.

Also, I don't think time would be an issue. As I mentioned, I have a lot of projects in front of these, this is just a feeler. These could easily be post-nashbro builds.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 pm

iBang wrote:
Goofy wrote:

Well like I said, the little guys I would like to do as a dual build. I give you a pair of kits, you build two, keep one for yourself. That's always kind of been the accepted standard of cost for building stuff so I figured it would work well here. That way I would get one for myself that I can setup with my preferred efag setup and start testing and you get one to do your way.

Also, I don't think time would be an issue. As I mentioned, I have a lot of projects in front of these, this is just a feeler. These could easily be post-nashbro builds.

I'm in. I got two FP's with headers not sitting on nothing, or could go manly with one and the :gay: way with the other.

Give me a week or so heads up on a met up.
Goofy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 pm

I'd love to build the 50" Edge but not sure I could keep the enthusiasm up long enough to get it done in a reasonable time frame.

Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Mo has volunteered to build the edge and seeing as he is one of the better builders I've seen I think I'll give it to him when it is ready unless he changes his mind in the mean time.

As for the little guys, Goofy, you are first in line for at least the cap or both of them depending on just how much building you feel like doing. Again, I'll get in touch with you once I'm close to having the files ready to go to work out details.
www.texas-hobbies.com

The Texas hitman
iBang
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:35 pm

32" Cap is done :mrgreen:
Attachments
MadCap 32 RTF.jpg
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro