HK or VH covering??

Share your decals and graphics, discuss covering and finishing models, and show off your latest masterpiece.

HK or VH covering??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm

I used to use Towerkote,Ekonocote but it changed formulas and price went up.
Is HK and VH the same covering?If not which seems to be the lightest and strongest?
I'm flying smaller profiles 32-38in span.
3dfoamyfan
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: HK or VH covering??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Ive not used hk, but have usef VH on everything from park flyers to 50cc. No complaints here :rockon:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Ive only bought a few rolls of the VH covering but it appeared to be very close if not identical to the HK cote
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:15 pm

I've noticed a *slight* difference between the two, but both are good stuff. The VH seems to shrink at a little lower temp, and the white feels more like monokote. The HK has kind of a crinkly feel, while the VH is more 'rubbery', if that makes sense. Both give great results, and I think they stay tighter in the sun than either mono or ultra. Neither will work with the windex method, but the colors with clear adhesive (blue, black, etc) do have enough static cling that you can basically iron them down with a squeegee to get all the bubbles out and then just run over it with an iron to seal it. Also, they don't out-gas like mono so if you keep the temp on the low side, you won't get all those bubbles.
joebob
Pro Bro

Return to Covering, Decals, Graphics, and Finishing