GATORKOTE

Share your decals and graphics, discuss covering and finishing models, and show off your latest masterpiece.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:47 pm

DanHoH wrote:
GATOR wrote:I been working 6 day weeks for the last 5 weeks

Knowing who you work for, thats gotta SUCK. Not only 6 days a week, but I'm guessing over 10 hours a day as well.....

OK. I'm DONE with that part..........

Gator, you just suck. It just ain't RIGHT. Just not RIGHT at all. Again, YOU SUCK!!!!!! The bar is so fucking out up there, its just impossible now.


RIGHTEUOS, DUDE!!!!!!!!!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
:shock: :shock: :D 8)




GARY put the bar up there, not me :D
WTF..................OVER?
AND NEVER EVER USE :HOTELS.COM

gatorkote.com
https://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8542
GATOR
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:02 am
Location: memphis tn

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement
 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:57 pm

GATOR wrote:the only white is on the bottom of the wing, the orange covering is ultracoat dark yellow with orange lusterkote sprayed ontop


:oops: Thanks for the info. I see now.
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 12291
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: WI Dells WI

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:04 pm

GATOR wrote:
DanHoH wrote:
GATOR wrote:I been working 6 day weeks for the last 5 weeks

Knowing who you work for, thats gotta SUCK. Not only 6 days a week, but I'm guessing over 10 hours a day as well.....

OK. I'm DONE with that part..........

Gator, you just suck. It just ain't RIGHT. Just not RIGHT at all. Again, YOU SUCK!!!!!! The bar is so fucking out up there, its just impossible now.


RIGHTEUOS, DUDE!!!!!!!!!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
:shock: :shock: :D 8)




GARY put the bar up there, not me :D
:shock: :oops: sorry :D
Pro Bro #209
AMA #441431
IMAC #6310
flyboyz43
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: USA - IL - Ashmore

gator skin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:04 pm

Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.
Attachments
100_6132.jpg
100_6091.jpg
100_6134.jpg
bwd
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:31 pm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:25 pm

ok, maybe I'm missing something, but where's the "how"? looks great btw...
Scott

I own Baker Technology, We do:
CCTV • Computers • Networking • Telecom • Web Design/ProgramingWeb Marketing • Custom Electronics.

If there are any services I can help you with let me know :)

Catch me on Facebook!
Joker
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 3442
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Mattoon/Effingham Illinois

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:58 am

I've seen those gator skin tank pics on Kustom Kulture Lounge. They were painted by a guy in Austrailia.

What's your user name on there?
Adam Q
Acro
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:40 pm
Location: Southwest Missouri

Re: gator skin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:40 pm

bwd wrote:Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.



that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far
Attachments
Img_4466.jpg
Img_4465.jpg
WTF..................OVER?
AND NEVER EVER USE :HOTELS.COM

gatorkote.com
https://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8542
GATOR
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:02 am
Location: memphis tn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:19 pm

That looks great Gator!
The strong stand up for themselves. The great stand up for others....
Pro Bro # 375
Romans 12: 1-2
Razorback58
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 3752
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:45 pm
Location: Texarkana, AR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Razorback58 wrote:That looks great Gator!



:exactly:
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 12291
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: WI Dells WI

gator skin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:38 pm

this tank was done all free hand, by a guy in Australia. Think he did a how to on it.Just can't remember where.
bwd
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:31 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:43 pm

You forgot a few spots of blue :P

Looks great gator!!!
My other mojo is a bag of golf clubs
ProBroAndy
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 6234
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:28 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:03 pm

Excellent job Gator!! Your gonna bring that to Posey this weekend so we can check it out right?!?!?!? :D Really very nice work!!!! Keep painting!! And keep the photos coming! :tu:
Pro Bro #209
AMA #441431
IMAC #6310
flyboyz43
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: USA - IL - Ashmore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:28 pm

That is flat BAD-ASS Gator!
I am what I am.....

Bro # 2427
Prybar
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Anchorage, AK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:48 pm

thanks guys

Gary sorry I wont make posey this weekend, plane still needs a few more hours of work before its ready to fly
WTF..................OVER?
AND NEVER EVER USE :HOTELS.COM

gatorkote.com
https://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=8542
GATOR
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:02 am
Location: memphis tn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 pm

well there's always next year!!! :tu:
Pro Bro #209
AMA #441431
IMAC #6310
flyboyz43
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: USA - IL - Ashmore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 pm

super cool job....
ChrisHays
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 am
Location: Lexington, SC

Re: gator skin.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 am

bwd wrote:this tank was done all free hand, by a guy in Australia. Think he did a how to on it.Just can't remember where.


Here's the quick explaination by the guy who did the tank and fenders right from the Kustom Kulture Lounge site.

"Yeah I have, took me about 20 hrs. Did it all free hand. Couldn't see any quick way about it. Unless you can somehow create individual stencils for each scale. Which in my opinion would be even more difficult.

I just approached it by painting the panels grey, then outlining the shapes of the scales with white. These white lines ended up being the highlights for the scales. I then went in with black and added the shadows and texture. Then i went back to the white and added little highlights.
The sides faded to black, and the scales also reduced in size. I let the customer see it prior to clearcoat, and he wanted the scales to be less visible, so I lowered the contrast by spraying a bit of black over the whole lot. He was happy. The final image is what we ended up with, before clearcoat."
Attachments
100_6136.jpg
100_6111.jpg
100_6134.jpg
100_6132.jpg
100_6091.jpg
Adam Q
Acro
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:40 pm
Location: Southwest Missouri

Re: gator skin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:08 pm

GATOR wrote:
bwd wrote:Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.



that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far


I still have this hanging in my garage.. It's on my short list to complete this fall.. Can't wait to get it flying again. Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 12291
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: WI Dells WI

Re: gator skin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:25 am

Straightup wrote:
GATOR wrote:
bwd wrote:Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.



that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far


I still have this hanging in my garage.. It's on my short list to complete this fall.. Can't wait to get it flying again. Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude you are a hoarding bastage!
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) High West Double Rye
4) Blanton's
5) Bakers
6) Woodford
7) four roses small batch
8) Berheim's Rye
9) Widow Jane
10) Black maple hill
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 10534
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:47 pm
Location: Fuck em

Re: GATORKOTE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:12 pm

It will be flying this summer.
In process of gear up now.... :D :D :D :rockon:
Attachments
CIMG0001.JPG
CIMG0002.JPG
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 12291
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: WI Dells WI

PreviousNext

Return to Covering, Decals, Graphics, and Finishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest