The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Dear NFL Knee Takers....

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  West Coast Bro 
#1 ·
Dear NFL knee-takers,
It is time we recalibrate your understanding. You are entertainers. You are paid an insane amount of money to PLAY A GAME and entertain us. When you are done playing your game (or if you're not good enough - you just sit on the bench watching others play the game), if there is some political cause you feel so strongly about, feel free to stand up like a real man and do tangible work on your own time, perhaps spend some of your own money, and take action and maybe even try to use some of that "celebrity status" to actually effect a change that you believe will be beneficial to your cause. What form that action may be - I haven't any idea. But I do know that the hollow and disrespectful act of taking a knee during our National Anthem is not a solution to your 'johnny come lately' political woes. You kneeled last week… is anything actually better for your cause? Nope. You can continue to kneel, but while you're down there, you may want to begin contemplating the future of your career path when the hard working public stops buying tickets and the merchandise resulting in your unemployment. Finally, I have many friends who proudly wear the Flag on the shoulder of their uniform; If you are going to continue to disrespect the Stars and Stripes, I respectfully request you avoid the hypocrisy and remove the Flag from your uniform (or helmet).

#3 ·
It really amazes me than any celebrity or business opens their mouth about anything political and immediately cuts off half their fans or business. Idiots.

#4 ·
If you think about it, Hollywood stars don't need to be smart....they are simply reciting the lines that other people write for them. Athletes....ever watch a pre game or post game interview? Enough said.

Of course these are generalizations, but very much true. I'm sure there are a few smart actors and athletes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs....but there is an appropriate time and place for everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.