Furnace issue

If it's not related to R/C, but you want to share it.

Furnace issue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 am

Thought I’d see if anyone has ran into this or knows how to fix it.
In our rental house, the temperature is not staying consistent. Thermostat is set at 72. It has dropped as low as 67 before the furnace finally kicked on. I can power cycle the switch on the furnace and it will immediately start up. I don’t know the electronics in a gas furnace but it acts like a relay is sticking or latched for some reason. Power cycling makes it let go and function again. Thought I’d check here first before calling the maintenance company.

Thanks, Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Furnace issue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:14 pm

First thing I'd look at is the thermostat. That's the only thing that reads the temp. Sounds like the heat anticipator circuitry is faulty, just as a guess.
"Is it me or do those ailerons looks small?" - Dhooks

Fly it till it falls apart!! pro-bro #2162
FlightCrazed
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:31 pm

I posted a copy of my initial post on my gun forum. I have a guy helping me there as well. I am getting an error code on the board and it says “lockout due to too many flame dropouts”

Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 pm

basmntdweller wrote:I posted a copy of my initial post on my gun forum. I have a guy helping me there as well. I am getting an error code on the board and it says “lockout due to too many flame dropouts”

Matt

Winky does that for a living. You could try pm or fb him.
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) Blanton's
4) Bakers
5) John J Bowman
6) Woodford
7) Berheim's
8) Widow Jane
9) Black maple hill
Yoni
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:30 am

The guys on my gun website suggested that the flame rod may need cleaned. I googled that and found it to be a simple thing to do. I cleaned it up with a scotchbright pad and it has worked perfectly all night.

Thanks, Matt
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:30 pm

basmntdweller wrote:The guys on my gun website suggested that the flame rod may need cleaned. I googled that and found it to be a simple thing to do. I cleaned it up with a scotchbright pad and it has worked perfectly all night.

Thanks, Matt

Yeah.... there is a flame sensor, and an ignitor... ususally on opposite sides of the flame rail. I take them out of my furnace at the start of the heating season and give them a twenty second cleaning with some scotch bright or emory cloth. If you let them go for about three years... they will start to oxidize and cause faults.

As you saw, it only takes one screw and a connector to remove each. Maybe four minutes to remove and install them. easy.

Every three years, I tear my entire furnace apart - all the way down to a sheet metal housing - and clean everything including the A-coil and put it back together. I have too. My wife has two cats, and about every three years the A-coil is covered in a thick layer of cat hair that causes the air conditioning to work too hard and ice over. I change filters about every 45 days and have even made 'seals' to prevent air from going around the filter. It still does. stupid cats.

My heat exchanger fins all have hair line cracks in them. The HVAC place won't sell me new fins 'cause I'm not a licensed installer. But I've been doing this maintenance for 17 years... no problems. A buddy of mine is an HVAC guy. He checked my furnace out last year, said all is good. Said virtually all heat exchanger fins get hairline cracked in short order. The exhaust fan takes care of the situation....

I do have two carbon monoxide detectors in the house. one upstairs, one downstairs and one in the garage. No problems so far.
Doug B

To those in the military who serve, both past and present, to defend my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a wonderful life so far.
Doug B
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:41 am

We have maintained a commitment to be the very best. We offer:
- 24-hour prompt services, 7-days a week
- Financing, Rebates, and Warranties
- Professionally certified and trained Heating and AC technicians
The combination of technical services and quality products is your assurance that you will receive a top-rated customer service experience.
[url]https://air-conditioning-repair-toronto.ca/
[/url]
aircondition0
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:16 am

aircondition0 wrote:We have maintained a commitment to be the very best. We offer:
The combination of technical services and quality products is your assurance that you will receive a top-rated customer service experience.

Do you travel to other countries for service at reasonable rates?
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) Blanton's
4) Bakers
5) John J Bowman
6) Woodford
7) Berheim's
8) Widow Jane
9) Black maple hill
Yoni
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:25 pm

aircondition0 wrote:We have maintained a commitment to be the very best. We offer:

How much would you charge to change the filter in my air conditioner?
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro

Return to Beyond R/C