Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Aug. 21st - 23rd

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Aug. 28th - 30th

Votes: 4 36.4%

***6TH ANNUAL OHIBRO***

8K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  Doug B 
#1 ·
Well, after a few have asked I guess I need to get something planned for this. Been an uncertainty with the virus, lockdowns, riots, pending civil war, etc. but lets plan for a 2020 OhiBro anyway.

I think for now we will not set a firm date until everyone can chime in on what dates will work. I'll post a poll and you can pick 2 of the 3 options.

Same place, same style, same Bros I imagine! PM me for any details or directions. I'll provide the food for Saturday as always and can provide pizzas for Friday.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Josh,

I'm in no matter what day if there is any way possible for me to make it. My vote is for the 14th. I already took that day off but I can get any of the others as well. I looked and the meteor shower is supposed to be peak the weekend of the 14th. I love to be out in that dark field with nothing better to do than talk and watch the meteors rain. If you can't relax out there, you just can't relax.

As a side note, I've been considering having a "profile day" at my field in Tipton Indiana. Most anyone who would consider going to Ohibro would be in range of this field. It wouldn't be a full on "Bro" simply because the field rules won't support some of our antics, such as alcohol..... sorry. If anyone has interest let me know what time frame you favor in a PM. Likely mid to late July or between Ohibro and Nash.

Vince

#7 ·
VinceL said:
Josh,
As a side note, I've been considering having a "profile day" at my field in Tipton Indiana. Most anyone who would consider going to Ohibro would be in range of this field. It wouldn't be a full on "Bro" simply because the field rules won't support some of our antics, such as alcohol..... sorry. If anyone has interest let me know what time frame you favor in a PM. Likely mid to late July or between Ohibro and Nash.
Vince
Of course I'd be in if work doesn't get in the way.

#14 ·
Damn! How did I miss this thread? I'd have voted for the following weekend as I'm already off that Friday and a weekend break between IRCHA and OhioBro would have been a good thing. However, since the date is set, I'm starting to make plans. I'll see if I can't raise the dead up around Middletown and Anderson and get SEMNET on the scene. I just realized how long it's been since SEMNET has been together. Many of the OhioBro attendees don't even know our long lost brothers in SEMNET!
As soon as the Nats are done, I need to get some slabs flying again. I think all I have left flying is my Primo 60 and a beater Doug G Slick 360.

Matt

#15 ·
Maybe I should attempt to clean out the garage a bit and post a few airplanes that I could haul to OhioBro for sale...

hmm....

I need to thin the herd a bit.

#18 ·
I added a map of sorts with some detail and some nearby addresses for your GPS. We are about 3 miles East of Rockford, Ohio on State Route 33. Frysinger Rd tees off of St Rt 33 and goes North. The flightline is about 1 mile North of St Rt 33. PM me for any questions or for better directions. :drink:

The pic/map is small but if you click on it, it will open up bigger so you can read the details.

WIll hopefully be able to start mowing next week. :rockon:

#19 ·
OK, small update.

For Friday night I will get pizzas for everyone.

For Saturday night I have secured 36 full racks of ribs from the best barbecue in West Ohio. I say Bros bring a side dish or whatever. Basically I'll provide the meat and everyone else bring something to share.

As always, this is a free event and no one owes me anything. That said, feel free to make a donation if you are so inclined. I will not be giving any kits away in a raffle as I don't really have many kits to give away.

Also,we typically shoot alot of rifle and pistol which is great, but I did get a new trap gun from the wife for Christmas and I have a electric thrower so bring your favorite shotgun for some clay busting over the pond.

See you all in a few weeks! :drink:

#23 ·
My OMP 80" Extra lost the rudder and half the elevator. I'm currently putting that back together. I have a wedding to walk a daughter down the isle and then I'll be ready to go. I'm ready to see all you guys again.
I'm hoping to leave right after work on Friday which would put me there about 6pm. Few hours of flying Friday and Saturday is Flying, Shooting, and all kinds of shenanigans.

Didn't see any planes for sale on the thread... anyone bringing anything for sale? I may have one for sale if the price is right!

#24 ·
TurskRO said:
My OMP 80" Extra lost the rudder and half the elevator. I'm currently putting that back together. I have a wedding to walk a daughter down the isle and then I'll be ready to go. I'm ready to see all you guys again.
I'm hoping to leave right after work on Friday which would put me there about 6pm. Few hours of flying Friday and Saturday is Flying, Shooting, and all kinds of shenanigans.

Didn't see any planes for sale on the thread... anyone bringing anything for sale? I may have one for sale if the price is right!
What ya got for sale Rick?

#25 ·
I could be convinced to sell off a bit of stock.

I have a Habu jet I haven't flown in a couple years. I have a nearly complete second NIB air frame for it as well. I even have a PVC launcher for it. Flies on 4s-4000 packs. Flies like a pattern ship and fun if you like jet style maneuvers. This is the original grey colored version.

Would sell off a Sbach 25 air frame with a bit of wear and tear, I'm keeping my gear for it.

I have my original Sbach 40 sized. In good shape but has had a fairly major repair. I have a spare and don't need it. I'm keeping my gear.

A couple VH foamies that have lots of time and repairs, might also be convinced to part with a Twisted Hobbies crack tripe or two, I have the big and small one. Just not flying foamies currently.

Make an offer for any of it. It only comes with me if there is interest.

Can't wait to get a few days off flying with Bros. Full scale maintenance is really wearing me down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.