30cc Sbach fuse build

Put your build threads here. Give or get help from a Bro while building your bird.

30cc Sbach fuse build

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:04 am

Hey bro's

Hope you're making progress building mad profiles at home during Covid!

Bought some HK Sbach wings and elevators for $30, bonus they included nice Hi-Tec servos!
IMG20200416201755-01.jpeg

Decided to build a 65" profile fuse at 100% scale because my wings are 3" wider than the plans, but much shallower. Wing area of my wings is 1014in². Plans say wing area of 1250in². Do you think 236in² less wing area is an issue?
Hopefully the elevators being part of the airfoil counteracts the 236in² less wing area. The plans have non-airfoil elevators included in the size of wing area...

Wings come together parallel, so just trim the wing tube and extend the front shovel sandwich ply thing at the front of the fuse, so the wing tube goes through stronger ply, than balsa. Not sure how I'm going to attach horizontal stabs though, cut the chord to make it come together parallel, or make an extension adaptor?
Anyone have experience or link of another similar build?

It's it true that the horizontal stab and elevator chord should not be exactly in line with the wing chord? To avoid the exact same disturbed air trail of the wings, or is that just a consideration of a full scale plane?

Also not sure where to install rear servos, as plans allow only one servo for elevator, but mine have one servo each side. I've dummy laid out where I think they should go: 2 elevator servos inline length ways just in front of elevator, above the carbon tube, and the rudder servo below the horizontal stab, below the carbon tube. What you guys recon?
IMG20200512134435_compress0.jpg

Thanks for this great and helpful forum, love it. Any feedback, tips, criticism, sarcasm very welcome!
IMG20200507153320_compress35.jpg

IMG_20200513_140743_compress72.jpg
stronglite
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: 30cc Sbach fuse build

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:35 am

Looks good. I would move the tail servos forward. Elevator doesn't have to be in line with the wing but it helps keep it from being washed out in HA stuff.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:40 am

BalsaDust wrote:Looks good. I would move the tail servos forward. Elevator doesn't have to be in line with the wing but it helps keep it from being washed out in HA stuff.

Can I ask why you would move the servos forward?
And can you explain about the wash out in high alpha please?
stronglite
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:09 am

Pretty low wing area for any type of low and slow flying 3D. This set up looks more like a high speed high energy type flying. Most bro approved slabs that have good low and slow characteristics (less wing rock and tendancy to fall out of the sky in high alpha)have more wing area. Your example has what most 20cc slabs have.
Should wait to place tail servos until you get it all framed up and assembled with all gear. Place the servos to adjust cg where you want it. :drink:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:20 am

Here is a great build thread on this size plane. It is a 20cc, but similar size you can use to compare numbers, wing area, weight, etc. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25209

Cool build, its always fun to scratch something out and see if it flies like you expect it to :rockon:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

Return to Kit / ARF Build Threads