The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

New design, Kinda

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Doug G 
#1 ·
While having some spare time I decided to modify the Primo 60. I changed the fuse and tail to more of an MXS outline.
What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Change that canopy to give it more of a single seat Edge 540 look. More blunt leading edge on the canopy.
Blunt-up the leading edge of the cowl area too.

I wish I had time to build something right now. Work is exceptionally crazy right now.

The Primo is a super awesome design. It flies so well. My only complaint is that it needs a bit more angle of attack when sitting on the ground - so it jumps off the ground a bit easier. I made my landing gear about an inch taller than the plans show. It also builds a tiny bit tail heavy per the original plans. Need to move the servos a few inches forward for CG. But I think you fixed all of this in the Doug G version ?

my two cents.

#6 ·
Doug B said:
Doug G said:
While having some spare time I decided to modify the Primo 60. I changed the fuse and tail to more of an MXS outline.
What do you think?
Change that canopy to give it more of a single seat Edge 540 look. More blunt leading edge on the canopy.

I wish I had time to build something right now. Work is exceptionally crazy right now.

The Primo is a super awesome design. It flies so well. My only complaint is that it needs a bit more angle of attack when sitting on the ground - so it jumps off the ground a bit easier. I made my landing gear about an inch taller than the plans show. It also builds a tiny bit tail heavy per the original plans. Need to move the servos a few inches forward for CG. But I think you fixed all of this in the Doug G version ?

my two cents.
Doug,
If you get a chance could you measure ground to prop centerline on yours? I have this one at 11" with the fuse parallel to the ground. I am not sure if that is enough.
Thanks! Doug

#8 ·
And why not sell some kits! Miss my Primo's a 60 would be so nice.... I went with an SBach 65 E power, it was nice but just miss the glow days!

#9 ·
I am getting the itch to cut some kits again and I have had several request for 60 size. I will get one of these cut soon so I can verify everything goes together like it's suppose to and that it fly's like it should.

#10 ·
Doug G said:
Doug B said:
Doug G said:
What do you think?

my two cents.
Doug,
If you get a chance could you measure ground to prop centerline on yours? I have this one at 11" with the fuse parallel to the ground. I am not sure if that is enough.
Thanks! Doug
Sorry. I can't. I don't have the sixty size. Only the 40. Just make sure there is a bit of positive AOA when she is sitting on her wheels.

#11 ·
Doug B said:
Doug G said:
Doug B said:
Doug G said:
What do you think?

my two cents.
Doug,
Thanks! Doug
Sorry. I can't. I don't have the sixty size. Only the 40. Just make sure there is a bit of positive AOA when she is sitting on her wheels.
Oh, I guess you need a kit then! :lol:

#12 ·
Ha. If I only had the room or time. I've only ever flown one sixty size profile. Deke's (thunderhead) mojo 60. It was a blast. Never got a chance to fly a sixty primo, but I think it would do very well.

I have so many kits in my garage. And no time to build any of em right now.

No where to store any more planes either. Garage is more than full at this time.

#13 ·
Doug G said:
Doug B said:
Doug G said:
What do you think?

my two cents.
Doug,
Thanks! Doug
I measured another bros last night. Sitting on the gear with stock wire landing gear and a 20DLE it was 13.25" to the center of the prop nut. It has absolutely no problems taking off. He said the 40 size is the one that really needed the help with AOA.

#14 ·
:lol: I can remember being at ProBros where the grass was any taller than a putting green, primos 40s at full power driving around in the grass trying to lift off, if you held any up elevator it would not lift off :rofl: :rofl: Good Times :drink: :drink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.