• it doesn't look like an edge

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • it looks just like the pilot edge cheif sells

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cappy's full of poop

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • cappy's a ***

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • don't build a cap for cappy, he'll just bitch about how much it doesn't look like a cap

• cappy's just mad at w.f. cause he wouldn't come off his already ultra low prices on quality stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • screw this, i wanna see a new warbird

• where's the super connie?

dhooks EDGE 540

15K views 221 replies 16 participants last post by  446 
#1 ·
so, among my other build commitments, i owe dhooks money... :roll: so decided to make him a one off edge winged sukhoi in a .50 size

56" span, 744 sq. in. for you # guys who think that stuff matters. :p

foiled 'rons. tube. latest w.f. innovations

strapping tape under the covering. :lol:

here's the wing-

Attachments

See less See more
#20 ·
Wild Fred said:
capthis said:
But we all know the WF is gonna do whatever the honey badger err I mean the WF wants cause WF don't give a....

:)
yeah, i'm liable to build a cap 21 with a mid wing, ceiling hook mount and w.f. engineering outa foam and give it away... just cause i can! :lol:
An sell it to cf I assume?

#21 ·
dhooks said:
Wild Fred said:
capthis said:
But we all know the WF is gonna do whatever the honey badger err I mean the WF wants cause WF don't give a....

:)
yeah, i'm liable to build a cap 21 with a mid wing, ceiling hook mount and w.f. engineering outa foam and give it away... just cause i can! :lol:
An sell it to cf I assume?
:lol:

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
this is where i stopped yesterday. foam parts about done.
DSCF2737.JPG

after thinking about several ways to do this, i decided to use a 1x1x4 block with a 1/2" hole drilled in it, and a 1/2" spacer on each side to center it while gluing. i'm locating the stab forward a couple inches after talking with ibang at nash. less elevator cutout, adds a few sq. in. to elevator and less room for vortex going thru cutout making it hang up in rollers without shortening tail moment too much or having a giant rudder too far back.
DSCF2738.JPG
DSCF2739.JPG

stab is 3/16 core sheeted both sides. elevator 5/16. notice the minimal rudder cutout.
DSCF2740.JPG

starting stab sheeting.
DSCF2741.JPG

it might look complex but it really isn't. the whole thing is to make it as light as possible and still be dhooks proof. the whole time this song was running thru my head-

funny thing is, the only other times that happens is when i'm negotiating a sale price with capmaster "B". :lol:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.