F4U Corsair - profile electric

So, you think you're a builder?

Re: F4U Corsair - profile electric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Wild Fred wrote:and not to point out things- but cannoloy has busted out the first original design in ages. wtf, you fags gonna let him show you up like this??? he's the dude- for now! he set the bar. who's got the guts to do something anywhere near as cool? balsadust used to before he got whupped... hooks could, but he's too busy shopping for plaid shirts. constrictor could, but he's too worried about what his wemon and billy hell might think about him. plug definetely could- especially now that he has spell check!

I suggest plug look thru experimental design forum. read wf and other's trips through the unknown ether of slab goodness.

after that, there is no doubt. whip it out! c'mon, guys, the hood is back on the cutting edge!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nywLVPvvuAg

saw him in neil s blaisdell arena, circa 1981. dude jumped off the stage and punched out some guy who spit on him. a bro if i ever seen one!

saw devo a few months later, they got it too. so un-1980's conformist fag clothes people. the 1%? yeah, i think so.

You talking to me???? It has been a while. Between school, a toddler, and no longer being on night shift I have very little time and I have lost motivation. Rather me working on the mustang.

I had started doing a revised and hopefully better version of the ChubCub but never finished drawing it.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Well,l pumped up the 202,its bad ass now,my hotts ant flown yet,fusion have not finished servos yet,uproar and frazer ready. Mojos be on my mind and lightweight 4star 60 i think. op,forgot primo kit. And i want to try a up size 202 from scratch.I say it again,hard to believe a flat wing can fly so good,how,all the tec guys doing air tunnel test,i wounder if they ever tested a flat wing. Then again,it may be that its so light,dont need much lift. I be trying, helping mom,93,do slow me down. WF got good stuff at hos,cut 20 years off,or being free of shit job did it. The snake Leeds a worried life,deaths door on one side,womem at the other. No wonder he cranks the handle,spln be more likely. Spell check helps,but ant building no planes. :lol:
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 am

think a reynolds number thing, as plane gets smaller, air thicker. the ferroplane airfoil works great, but you scale it to 40 size it doesn't work.

get some pink foam. glue in ply spars made from home depot utility ply, 3mm, 10 bucks a sheet. use strapping fiber tape over spars to make i-beam. balsa or coroplast control surfaces. will work fine. plenty gorilla glue and bamboo meat skewers for repair.

build 2 for full contact combat! 35-42 3s setup would be great. make them about 42-44" span.

look up homofoamoprimo thread, an early design of mine, covered in packing tape.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

No matter how wrong they are.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24977&hilit=homofoamoprimo

and most chargers have a hotwire driver setting. so is easy now.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

No matter how wrong they are.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:32 pm

Well i not be sure,but the larger a wing,the more lift per sq in,so, i be unsure. But a 1/2a,nitro weight be 24oz with about 30in wing,flys ok if speed is up.202 flys great at low speed,but 9oz. It be my thought to try 202 up size,maybe 40 ln wing,just to learn. Above all,l now understand that weight,is the most important thing in smaller aircraft.That small planes can fly very nice,if the weight can be kept down,bigger planes more forgiving,3d planes must be light. Flat wing i not understand,but it works,and rubber band planes were flying long ago,very well. Moving batt to top of wing on 202 changed it,less stable,but still good,inverted flys better,almost the same as upright. Not used spell check on this,i be learning. Not much pain med yet,that helps to.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Previous

Return to New or Experimental Designs