The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

new lights

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  sparkplug 
#1 ·
Adding some new lights to big shop. Last used led strip light with two rows set at a v,they do very good. Now trying some two row set flat side by side,they do good also but dont spread the light as well,pointed straight down. Still much better than the old tubes and cheaper. About 210.00 total for 12 eight foot long,so if you cant see in shop,try them. If mounting under a shelf,go flat,wont blind you as bad,over head, the v shape does better. :tu: :tu:

#2 ·
I just did half my shop in LED last summer. I replace 8 foot double row flourescent with two row led that were 4 footers. It's instant on, doesn't buzz for a while when they are cold or old and the light quality is much better. I'm going to do the other half this year I think. That's a little tougher because it's higher up! The first half is just 40x40 with 9 foot ceilings. The other half is a 15 foot ceiling so I'll either have to stand on the boat, travel trailer or tractor. I COULD buy a ladder, but I'm way to cheap for a ladder that big!

#3 ·
Pro Bro said:
I just did half my shop in LED last summer. I replace 8 foot double row flourescent with two row led that were 4 footers. It's instant on, doesn't buzz for a while when they are cold or old and the light quality is much better. I'm going to do the other half this year I think. That's a little tougher because it's higher up! The first half is just 40x40 with 9 foot ceilings. The other half is a 15 foot ceiling so I'll either have to stand on the boat, travel trailer or tractor. I COULD buy a ladder, but I'm way to cheap for a ladder that big!
Rent scafolding for the day.

#4 ·
The led lights are all you said and more,puts the old tubes to shame. No heat,no warmup,lower power use,easy and light to install,the v types do spread the light better,5000 kv is almost daylight. Heck,think i give one to WF,then we could see his builds he post,his 40watt bulb in shed kind of poor. :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

#5 ·
BalsaDust said:
Pro Bro said:
I actually thought about pulling the boat and trailers out so I could rent a motorized one. Then I could just load it up, drive around and get them all in an hour or two!

#9 ·
BalsaDust said:
Pro Bro said:
He will probably stack up 5 gal buckets, way cheaper :lol:

#14 ·
The planes i fly,are built all around this land

#15 ·
Watch the Menards sale flyers.
Every year or so, they go down to $9.99.
The last time I was able to get 7000 lumen LED with a pull switch for $9.99 so I loaded up.

#18 ·
Got checked year ago,they were starting,new glasses help, see fair close,but blurry past 50yards. Well,most folks cant see close,so i be blessed,still read with no glasses if print big enough. Nothing like young eyes, Well nothing like being young. But we got our memories,and was fun,almost to much,wish i had not wasted so much of it,then again,remember a beer first thing in the morning,just to start the sat right after a all night drunk,young and hard then. :tu: :banana: :drunk: :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.