The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

McDDD did you have a visitor yesterday?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jwilliams 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow! That's a fantastic accomplishment that took some serious soaring skills to make it from Minnesnowta to Eldon, MO!

But now how is he planning on getting back to Minnesnowta?
By sailplane again?

#5 ·
I'm sure he had a ground crew following him with the trailer for the sailplane.

It was before my time, but there used to be some members in the club that I belong to that would do long trips like that in the right conditions. Based on the weather conditions they basically knew which way they were going, as I expect the guy yesterday did. The ground crew would head out after they launch and follow them to where that are planning to go.

The only time I have landed out I was on an airport only about 20 miles away from the club. They sent a tow plane to bring me home.

#6 ·
sparkplug said:
Had guts landing there,not that big a field. :tu:
The Eldon MO airport runway is 4000 feet long, so landing there should have been no sweat at all.

I wish I would have known about this in time to go visit with him. The airport is only about 6 miles from my house.

#7 ·
That's impressive! Did it say how long the actual glide was? Wondering where hand how high they were when the tow was released?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.