The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

new builds

4K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  sparkplug 
#1 ·
Any new builds going on,sam sold a bunch of kits,any one starting to build one. WF explained cutting foam wings to me,gave me better understanding of how its done. I can see where cheaper,faster builds can be made. That means more daring in practice flights,what have you learned lately. :tu: :tu:

#2 ·
look for a build thread on an original hal debolt patternmaster with wf 3d mods coming up... i scored a nib kit from a true bro a week ago, and it's going to be a badass,,, even has the wf laminar airfoil... that wf got from hal debolt, the low key designer that flew with goldberg etc. but didn't blow his own horn, let his designs speak for themselves to those who listened! and i don't listen to most... but when hal talks... wf listens!

and after the classic built, wf liable to make foam wing/stab pattern bastard based on it but 3d awesomeness... or a turd, we see!

#3 ·
for that matter, what does plug wanna see? wf makes weird shit all the time, what you thinking? needs a goat airfoil? flying stab? what? you tell me your idears, you old skool, we talk, come up with something that might actually be the next big thing. cad? that's for non design average fish. the true advancement is in the minds of those who know what's gone on before us. the fact you like astro hogs tells me you got potential... let's make something the cad intendo computer boys haven't ever seen...

#4 ·
No kit building. Got some repairs done and now back to the Gator Skin Chakk.
It should be ready for Ottumwa ProBro.

#7 ·
Just a thinking,a mojo built for 46 os,i got a bunch,with airfoil tail. Or a lamyak,i just wonder if the tail might improve low speed,keep tail from dropping out,who knows. On my gasser,which i intend to try as is first,but plan to make it two part tail for transport,how would be best for joint,a drawing be good. I remember you talking about it in past,but not the details. Dog gone,yard full of boats,getting in way of flying,well,guess they pay for it. Them v tails,the fast ones,do they use a gyro,how bout bigger,slower one,same power as 35slick out of cut foam,bet your scratching your head now. just rambling on.

#8 ·
I think my mojo25 does not fly quite as well after rebuild. I did move lighter motor forward,now need bit of up trim on el. i also moved al,both were up a bit,maybe 1/4 inch,i set them even with center of wing,was i wrong. Bal polnt is still back 1.5 in from spar,only got 1 test flight on it,in the wind.

#9 ·
sparkplug said:
That gator skin got the guys stirred up,maybe a pic to remind them what could be.
The plane is a famous Bro plane. Mike (Gator) one of the original Bro's and and a huge Florida Gators fan built and covered the plane in gator skin. Mike built literally piles of Chakks, this is just one of his many amazing builds. I am honored to own it.

Attachments

#12 ·
sparkplug said:
Miss plug said,gat r done,slip on that engine and fly that gater plane.
Not going to be anytime soon, but should be ready for Ottumwa ProBro in July. I over analyse every component of the gear up. Remember how McDDD said you can have inexpensive servo's with proper set up and have a good flying plane? Imagine a great designed pane, with proper setup and high quality servo's / motor and all other gear... That will result in an awesome flying plane. I'm going through every nook and cranny of the plane. Just my way of overdoing things.. I get a lot of compliments on how nice my birds fly, so that makes the extra set up effort worth it... :tu: :tu:

#13 ·
Your right,the small things add up,each time i upgraded a servo on 202,got better. Every time i adjust the travel and expo,gets better. Crash,repair,things change a little. Dont take much to go from ok,to great. My old best friend,a perfectness type,seldom had to trim a new plane,just flew straight first time out. He built by plans,no deviation. Very slow,but right to the dot. So,has any one built one of sams kits yet,mine still gathering dust to,one day. Soon,i start on WF super tuned ultra light slick,and got bearings ordered for them saitos,nitro ant dead. Lead the way,Straightup to better flying planes. :tu: :tu:

#15 ·
Started stuffing WF slick,park 450 motor,40amp control,4 ds285 be what i using,any thoughts. Slick weights 8.5 covered,4oz for motor and control,say 2oz for servos and rods. About 16oz less batt,give myself some room,thats 20oz ready to fly,sound about right. Hope that be enough motor,got more bigger,but 1 oz more weight. :D :D

#16 ·
sparkplug said:
Started stuffing WF slick,park 450 motor,40amp control,4 ds285 be what i using,any thoughts. Slick weights 8.5 covered,4oz for motor and control,say 2oz for servos and rods. About 16oz less batt,give myself some room,thats 20oz ready to fly,sound about right. Hope that be enough motor,got more bigger,but 1 oz more weight. :D :D
I would prefer 250-300 watts on that plane with an 11x7 e prop.
You did get to talk to mike,aka c.f. From this sight,at seff??
Mike is one of the gurus of E setups that rip.

I would put a cheap ass super tigre .10 on it if it was me.
run a good 30 amp cheap lite esc.its foam fer fooks

https://www.supertigre.com/electric-power/index.html

#24 ·
I have also noticed on 202 that it gets out of trim. My poor storage is to blame,as it sits the wings sag and the foam takes a set,like the al get bent sitting on table,so much stuff to push up on it,or push down on edge of wing. My fault,my being lazy,i guess i need to hang it up on wall. A bit of cf,added to al would help also. The nose could stand a bit of beefing on leading edges as breaks do happen. Overall,a great light plane. thanks MCDDD. I wonder,if string,glued to leading edges would prevent cracks from starting. :tu: :tu:

#25 ·
Keep looking at my WF slick and my built balsa one. Weight is 8.5 verses 11oz,then notice,planes not the same size,WF is 28 long and 8.5 at wing,not including rd or al. Dougs plans built 30.5 and 10.5,did not know if you intended this or not. Not that i find fault,very impressed with your building. Almost got it stuffed,will try for a few pics soon.

#26 ·
Side by side veiws. Almost got servos done,motor on,batt mount. This one not tail heavy and think smaller motor was best. Got 9303 and frsky receiver to play nice this time,looks like plug going 21 century. No 9in props,think 10/4 be to much,i know,watt meter,this motor i think 24amp max.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.