The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

sparkplug trying hotts

10K views 241 replies 24 participants last post by  McDDD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
20200716_210130.jpg
20200716_210130.jpg
trying to post pics. we will see if this works.got a few more,if i can find them.lost plug,but trying.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice work :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: Should be fun with a 40FP :tu: :tu: :rockon:

#10 ·
RC profiles aren't really new.
Here's one that Sterling sold back in 1969. They also had a P-51 version. I almost bought the P-51 profile as my first RC plane. Looking back, that would have been a HUGE mistake!

Attachments

#12 ·
paul s dezine,plans from mr. hobby,he must have 500 plans,great new printed. about 25 bucks. i have bought about 15 sets,all are great. lots of old ones,a few profiles and all the hotts,even the big ultra. also makes heavy jr servo wires,priced right.nice guy. plus, i had him enlarge plans,done good. look him up on ebay.

#13 ·
McDDD said:
RC profiles aren't really new.
Here's one that Sterling sold back in 1969. They also had a P-51 version. I almost bought the P-51 profile as my first RC plane. Looking back, that would have been a HUGE mistake!
Wow! "Brilliantly High Gloss red plastic foam wing panels, ready to join"... It was an ARF Too!!!!

#17 ·
well the couch got me,for a bit. so,trying to finish hotts, checked cg,bad,real bad. sparkplug builds to heavy,even when he trys not to. way tail heavy,short nose on plane dont help. so,clamped os46,better, but not there. long, short of it,had a enya 46 and adding 1 and 1/2 inch to plane nose got cg about right. still be under 3.5 ,not great but will fly. well,ant 3d. my only question,not have run 4st engines,will enya be ok.weight the same as os46,mounting to, so no big deal. bit sad plug,built by plans,wood must have been heavy,and very short nose dont help. DID you glue this week. now,off the couch,to the plane. dam,i like trump ralleys.

#18 ·
Are you sure the Hots is really tail heavy?
Where is the CG on the plans?
The CG on the plans and the actual best overall CG don't often agree, especially planes like the Hots.

#21 ·
Sparkplug,
Which Hots do you have?
The old kit from Midwest Models?
A kit from Morris Hobbies? (I think they made one, but not sure)
Or the Hots that Tri-Flyer (Ron Wilson) designed? (see the link that Cappy posted above)

#22 ·
mine is 44in i think,will find plans and see where cg is. im sure its not almost midwing.the nose, starting in front of wing has little room,maybe get 4oz tank behind engine. intended for 25 40 engines. i must have used heavy wood in tail. plug,once again,built heavy. now to find plans. thanks for caring.

#23 ·
Unless you modified the fuselage bracing, your plane isn't a Morris Hobbies kit.
Yours doesn't look the same as these plans that are for sale on ebay.

Attachments

#24 ·
your right. dan san cant remember last name. 40in 600in area. cg at rear main spar,about 4in back from front of wing. wing cord about 12in. betting it will end up 5in back. and knowing me,3 1/2 pounds. not bro power,but started it before i started bros. good eyes you have,cant get much past you guys. pro bros for sure.

#25 ·
It will be fine :tu:
C.g.is a personal preference.
Johnashville and west coast bro would say trailing edge/aileron is just about right :dk:

#26 ·
extended mount 11/2 ,bigger engine ,be ok. added 8oz but whats a plug to do. pics coming soon. i like cg back abit myself,like to be able flair on landing. running out of el sucks close to ground. a question,does anyone balance profiles side to side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.