Page 1 of 2

quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 am
by Wild Fred
my buddy chuck asked me to fix this for a friend of his. seems it's a ceiling hanger and the string broke, breaking off the wing- it has ply tongue bolts into fuse.

question #1- does anyone besides me know what kit this is?

#2- is the owner related to captits, or would the gear have broken off, too?

#3- it is very well built, so a lot of people might know the builder/seen it? it's flown, as the tongue was a little fuel soaked.

#4- guess what engine!

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:47 am
by 3DHUSKER
Wild Fred wrote:my buddy chuck asked me to fix this for a friend of his. seems it's a ceiling hanger and the string broke, breaking off the wing- it has ply tongue bolts into fuse.

question #1- does anyone besides me know what kit this is?

#2- is the owner related to captits, or would the gear have broken off, too?

#3- it is very well built, so a lot of people might know the builder/seen it? it's flown, as the tongue was a little fuel soaked.

#4- guess what engine!


I will play

#1 Fat round and round kit.
#2 No and yes but whoever it is still has time to learn how to Cap it.
#3 Wild Fred
#4 Thunder chicken Pro46

Am I close on any of those?

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 am
by capthis
Ceiling hooks aren't what they used to be yo...

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:42 am
by VinceL
I know what it is, but will let the game continue without a spoiler.

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:44 am
by capthis
VinceL wrote:I know what it is, but will let the game continue without a spoiler.



Yeah it's an Ultravitch OV-10 Bronco WF, Wildfredded!

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:06 am
by Wild Fred
capthis wrote:
VinceL wrote:I know what it is, but will let the game continue without a spoiler.



Yeah it's an Ultravitch OV-10 Bronco WF, Wildfredded!



nope! i was impressed with the build quality, but i didn't build it. looks like honest ed's generation, the way it's done. the kit is from the 80's anyway... the engine is from the late 90's, early 2000's. one of the last of it's type.

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 am
by Wild Fred
and it's kinda a profile... at least the back half!

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 am
by Wild Fred
and it's actually based on a scale plane!

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:19 am
by PAR
Hobby Dynamics RFB 600 trainer.

OS 46 vr?

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 pm
by Wild Fred
no, that would be the right engine to use!

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:50 pm
by gus
A trusty ASP?

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:28 pm
by 3Dreaming
Webra...

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:36 pm
by capthis
sure looks Wild Fredded to me..... Kind of like an certain foam profile a couple years ago..... :)

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:39 pm
by PAR
Rossi?

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:44 pm
by guckrob
Wild Fred wrote:and it's actually based on a scale plane!


I didn't know that plane existing. I sure don't think I'd want my tail number to be D-EATR, though...

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:18 pm
by Wild Fred
i noticed that, too! ha haa!

still no guess on the engine?

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 pm
by Wild Fred
hint; very few other than wild fred ever used one, let alone get them to run right.

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 pm
by Dr Constrictor
Royal .46

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:21 pm
by capthis
Wild Fred wrote:hint; very few other than wild fred ever used one, let alone get them to run right.



Norvel

Re: quiz of the day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:01 pm
by sparkplug
i have .074,fly alot,flew at eldon,best small engine i have ever seen,dont know about bigger ones.