Twisted Hobbies 39" Edge

This is the place to hang and talk.

Twisted Hobbies 39" Edge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Anybody flying one of these? Comments? Which power system?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ4DuNO4kMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru86Z6nhOKA
Attachments
0000Twisted Edge.png
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Twisted Hobbies 39" Edge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm

I haven't flown that one, but I've flown c/f's and Bob Scheppele's 39" crack yaks and they both flew awesome!
I think it would fly great, like the rest of the Twisted planes.
The recommended power system would be good. Put really good Heli servos in it.
I'd lean personally to the Revolto - https://twistedhobbys.com/th-39-epp-revolto-green/
because of the "Now with full rotational elevator for massive control!"
I love the Value Hobby foamies with the full flying stab, I bet this would be equally great!!!
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Straightup wrote:I haven't flown that one, but I've flown c/f's and Bob Scheppele's 39" crack yaks and they both flew awesome!
I think it would fly great, like the rest of the Twisted planes.
The recommended power system would be good. Put really good Heli servos in it.
I'd lean personally to the Revolto - https://twistedhobbys.com/th-39-epp-revolto-green/
because of the "Now with full rotational elevator for massive control!"
I love the Value Hobby foamies with the full flying stab, I bet this would be equally great!!!

Thanks Jeff. I have a VH foamy, its pretty fun. I cant see my VH model flying like this thing does in the vids, Its probably just me :lol: I see there is choice between power systems, I figured one was for indoor/more low and slow, one for outdoor/high energy, something like that :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:25 pm

I have one of Doug's mxs 35 kits and all the stuffin, should probably just build that :mrgreen:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 am

That plane is more along the lines of their Velocity which I have. Made of thicker foam so much more rigid. They fly great and not like your typical foamy.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:01 am

BalsaDust wrote:That plane is more along the lines of their Velocity which I have. Made of thicker foam so much more rigid. They fly great and not like your typical foamy.

:tu:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

I've got a VH edge powered with The 2206-1500 motor that they sell. It was my first plane getting back into the hobby, and I had some motor issues with a poor solder job starting out, she's a little worst for wear to say the least. I just ordered a TH crack yak 55 and the Emax gt2205-1660 for a motor.
solv3nt
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:21 am

I’ve had the 39” Crack Yak, I believe you at least saw me fly it a couple times. The Hacker Edge is a bit better than the Yak as it is shorter coupled. I fly both of these with a 2217 and an APC 12x6SF prop. I would suggest the max weight setup and 1300-1500mAh batteries.
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 am

My grandsons 39" Crak has an Exceed Rocket 50g 1080KV, using a 10X5 Graupner Eprop, 3s 900mah. His flight timer is 5:45. He flies it like he stole it, no love, has taught him a great deal. I now fly the Revolto 39" it is a beast with a full flying stab. I use a BrotherHobby 70g motor 960KV, 3s 900mah HV. My flight timer is 3:45 and put back 700mah into battery.

My Veloxity will now be retired to spare foam chub hub tail wheels. I never liked it that much but since it fell out of the air at under 30% power it taught me allot about throttle pumping. It is not worthy of the $99 per 20g Xpert brushless servos. Neither one of us will miss it, Nash will have to see a new vertical drag plane with its retirement.
c/f
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:33 am

I flew c/f's Revolto--I think it'd be right up your alley, WCB! Lots of tail authority. His grandson's 39" Crak Yak looked pretty dang good too--they flip/turn around with surprising energy and precision for a foamy. I had the 43" Veloxity, and really did like it, but the tail is much less lively. A failed elevator servo killed it good, so I replaced it with the 43" Edge, still in the box :( I like the 43" with a little more weight here in windy Wyoming :)
3D wannabe

"Well, you can't scale down the air molecules that it's flying on,... so keep that in mind." 3dRookie
"Takes a day to learn and a lifetime to master, always something new to learn or refine" AD3D
(3D, DLG or cunnilingus?)
wyo69cowboy
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:12 am

Add another vote for the Revolto. c/f let me fly his in Ottumwa and I really liked it! The full flying stab gives it a lot of pitch authority, just like the VH foamies. I'm going to buy a green Revolto when they get back in stock.
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:05 pm

I have one, that is the version 3, I also had the version 2. Its a great plane, I did the stand/light recommended setup and upgraded to the bigger 2217/motor and 1300 battery setup. Awesome, fly it several times
a week!
Dunedin1
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:11 pm

Dunedin1 wrote:I have one, that is the version 3, I also had the version 2. Its a great plane, I did the stand/light recommended setup and upgraded to the bigger 2217/motor and 1300 battery setup. Awesome, fly it several times
a week!

How did you mount a 2217 to the plane?

*Edit* I realized that the 39" is different than the standard crack yak.
solv3nt
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:22 pm

yeah, its just a ply, screw or bolts thru. TH site shows recommended equipment for both setups.
Dunedin1
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:25 pm

Dunedin1 wrote:yeah, its just a ply, screw or bolts thru. TH site shows recommended equipment for both setups.

I originally thought you were rocking that on a 32".
solv3nt
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:56 pm

McDDD wrote:Add another vote for the Revolto. c/f let me fly his in Ottumwa and I really liked it! The full flying stab gives it a lot of pitch authority, just like the VH foamies. I'm going to buy a green Revolto when they get back in stock.

c/f let me fly his Revolto at Ottumwa also.. That is the one to get!!!! Awesome plane!!! :rockon: :rockon: :tu:
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:55 am

I'm looking at picking up a 39" Edge V3 or Revolto. The higher power is cool but I don't know that I need that much power. I can't decide between them so let me know what you think of either.

https://twistedhobbys.com/power-combo-3 ... vo-models/

https://twistedhobbys.com/power-combo-3 ... ax-weight/
ben_beyer
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:57 pm

ben_beyer wrote:I'm looking at picking up a 39" Edge V3 or Revolto. The higher power is cool but I don't know that I need that much power. I can't decide between them so let me know what you think of either.

You're asking this bunch about considerations of low vs high power? :rofl:

With the high power setup you can always throttle back. With the low power you're stuck with what you got - unless you go back and buy what you probably should have bought in the first place - and then restuff your airplane. I've never heard anyone complain about too much power. But a number of the guys moved up to the high power package. You want to buy twice?
The Profile Brotherhood Needs You! Post something, dammit!
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:44 pm

ben_beyer wrote:I'm looking at picking up a 39" Edge V3 or Revolto. The higher power is cool but I don't know that I need that much power. I can't decide between them so let me know what you think of either.

Their power combos are extremely overpriced and you could get much higher quality by picking your own.
I’m sure some of the pros would have some motor selection ideas.
3dfoamyfan
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:06 pm

3dfoamyfan wrote:

Their power combos are extremely overpriced and you could get much higher quality by picking your own.
I’m sure some of the pros would have some motor selection ideas.

I'm getting back into things, and am new to electric, but I've been rocking the Emax GT motors. I also have a little 2206 from value Hobby.
solv3nt
Pro Bro

Next

Return to Pro Bro General Chat