The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

show your fish!

24K views 237 replies 29 participants last post by  Straightup 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
caught a snook this morning! it's catch and release on them, but got a pic. similar to catching bass, they run several times, fight good. and tasty, I hear. slot limit, 28-33 in. but red tide concern closed snook and drum.
IMG_20200402_084855.jpg

caught a cooler full of catfish, though. going to fillet, brine, smoke and make fish dip out of most. either fish and chips or suburban social club style for dinner tonight! the saltwater cats are good. taste like silver cats; look kind of like them, too. for years heard they inedible. turns out they are just catfish. but don't tell the locals! :lol:
IMG_20200402_085538.jpg

Jack same way. clean them right, blacken in a little butter/oil, and you can't tell it's not mahi.
20200211_185754.jpg

snapper like crappie; i'd like to try my coconut crusted snapper recipe on crappie, bet it's just as good. gonna go to istokpoga one of these days and catch some specks (crappie). they got slabs in that lake!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a Musky! A very beautiful colored one!

I had only known "northern fishing" until a few years back my dad and I did a few trips to Waveland / Bay St. Louis Mississippi fishing on the gulf - such a great time and wonderful fishing. Also the taste of flounder and grilled snapper is so amazing!

#11 ·
nice slab! makes me want to go back to lake istokpoga this winter! https://www.sharetheoutdoors.com/2020/0 ... ophy-bass/ speck and bass fishing doesn't get better than there.

I grew up around the corner from this place. https://trailsendfishingresort.com/ who else wants to rent the cabins there this winter and have a fish bro? excellent flying field about 8 miles from there, by the way. sebring r/c club. would be a hoot to rent all the cabins out for a week and party! hell, you wouldn't need a local guide! me and thom both know that lake. he grew up at mossy cove fish camp. http://www.mossycove.com/

#12 ·
That would be fun. Nice looking place. Wife and daughter would like that also. Have to see what level of broke we all are when this shutdown is over.

#17 ·
3DHUSKER said:
Fake bigmouth carp.. :lol:
awesome! caught a lot of largemouth on rough river lake, but they were a joke compared to going out on my dock on istokpoga after a rain. under 3 lb., throw it back. blue or purple worm, plug, spoon with rind. didn't matter, hit the edge of the weeds with it, bang! :lol:

#18 ·
couple pics of istokpoga bass. shallow ass lake. lot of cover. lunkers. and really, the shellcrackers- redear sunfish- are about the best tasting fish out there. size of crappie, taste of bluegill.

yeah, next jan-feb we need to rent a cabin or 2, maybe get that n.f.f. ad3d to come over. and burn the specs up! :lol: where's thom?

who's in? week of fishing and warmer weather, flying field within 8 miles, and the place has history- same cabins as when I was a kid. lot of mana there, happy people for years. good vibe.

Attachments

#20 ·
3DHUSKER said:
Catfish anyone
mmm! smoked some salt water cats yesterday. makes the best fish dip!

i use this recipe to smoke. https://www.smoker-cooking.com/smoked-catfish.html

and this dip recipe

2 8-ounce package light cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated onion 1/4 cup onion, diced small
1 cup multicolored Florida bell peppers, diced small (i prefer anaheim or poblano. jalapeno good if you like hot- the cream cheese mellows the heat.)
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
3 cups smoked mullet meat, flakes off the bone
3 tablespoons chopped parsley Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

I usually half both recipes. is awesome. mullet isn't much different than catfish, they both work well. try it, you'll love it! have plenty ritz or saltines handy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.