Let's see those full on CJ planes! We know you have them!!!

This is the place to hang and talk.

Let's see those full on CJ planes! We know you have them!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am

In the last few years I have had a few aircraft that could be considered CJ planes. Yesterday embarks on a whole new level of CJness for me as I bought a Top Flight 1/5 scale Mustang. DLE55RA, Robarts retracts, (with tail retract as well) and the ultimate CJ swervos Hitech 645's!

I plan to fly this one, and being slightly used I am going to give it a once over and install my own Rx and Batts in it. To me this is about the epitome of CJness. I bought it RTF, it's an ARF, it has retracts, slow swervos, and is an overweight warturd.....

I think with this I have reached a whole new level called CJriffick!

So by all means come on out of the closet I know I'm not the only one around here with a CJfabulous aeroplane!
Attachments
lg-1291322-0-6989.jpg
lg-1291322-2-1024.jpg
Swervo Greese is importanter than no Swervo Greesed

Sponsored by Deep Dikin Swervo Greese
capthis
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Let's see those full on CJ planes! We know you have them

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:56 am

i'd like to see a fw-190...

you know you just gave stan a woody!
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Wild Fred wrote:i'd like to see a fw-190...

I think next winter I am going to build my Fw190. This one is just a practice warturd to get me ready for that! :)

Do I need to go buy an deluxe lawn chair now or is my regular bag chair ok? I mean if I am going to do this I need to do it right???

I seriously gotta figure out what it takes to air up that retract canister though....

capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Nope. I don't have any. Nothing but slabs and one glider.
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:27 pm

ok I'll play along.... :drink:
Attachments
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
kadet.jpg
ARF even
Spitfire Mk IIID
2 Sbach 45's
VH G202 & Sbach
Wild Tiger (RIP Iron man 2018)
EE 25
Bouncer
Tritle Luscombe Silvair
Crack Camel
Mirage 2000
"It's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't" Butthole Surfers
the lift
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:30 pm

capthis wrote:
Wild Fred wrote:i'd like to see a fw-190...

I think next winter I am going to build my Fw190. This one is just a practice warturd to get me ready for that! :)

Do I need to go buy an deluxe lawn chair now or is my regular bag chair ok? I mean if I am going to do this I need to do it right???

I seriously gotta figure out what it takes to air up that retract canister though....

the chair's fine. you need a jr knee pad and crying towel to be a true cj, tho.
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Looks good Cappy. Lets go fly it. But to be a true CJ, like many we have in our club, you would just bring it out, start it up and talk about it. No actual flying involved.
Sponsored Pilot
JAG
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:31 pm

crying towel? May have to look into one of those! :)

capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:32 pm

JAG wrote:Looks good Cappy. Lets go fly it. But to be a true CJ, like many we have in our club, you would just bring it out, start it up and talk about it. No actual flying involved.

oh yeah gonna have to bring it out to do some taxi tests! :shock:

capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Everything I fly is a CJ plane, they are more capable than my skills allow. On a side note, I went to Par's house over the weekend and visited the Reaper, Had not seen it in person in a very long time. Even I forgot how large it is!! Brought the spinner and prop home to drill for the 6 bolt pattern.

Par assures me it will be finished by HoBro! :rockon: :rockoncool: :tu: :mrgreen:
you pick it and I click it!
click the pirate
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

JAG wrote:Looks good Cappy. Lets go fly it. But to be a true CJ, like many we have in our club, you would just bring it out, start it up and talk about it. No actual flying involved.

Exactly, or tune the engine for an hour, and complain the fuel is bad. Then fly it anyway and try to land with the idle way up so it bounces off the end of the runway. :tu:

It is not what you fly, it's how you fly it. :rockon:
Spitfire Mk IIID
2 Sbach 45's
VH G202 & Sbach
Wild Tiger (RIP Iron man 2018)
EE 25
Bouncer
Tritle Luscombe Silvair
Crack Camel
Mirage 2000
"It's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't" Butthole Surfers
the lift
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:48 pm

I'll play, I have a pilot dolphin jet with a jet cat p120 turbine, and a top flight 1/5 scale p51 that was built from a kit, dle55 , stab raised to correct location, dihedral modified to scale , glassed and painted, panel lines and rivits, scaled after cripes alimighty the 3rd, I fly this plane in scale masters, it might be considered cjish here but I love flying this plane, people pull off the highway and come to the field to watch it fly.
Attachments
2017-03-06 11.40.39.jpg
2017-03-06 11.41.25.jpg

2015 Pro Bro miles , 1315
Rat
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:48 pm

You and Stan BFF's now :mrgreen:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Stan, do you ever use that robart hand pump? Does it work or should I buy an electric pump?

capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Stan wins again, :doh: the biggest cj on the planet award :goldcup:
just another has been, in a sea of has beens
johnnashville
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 pm

capthis wrote:Stan, do you ever use that robart hand pump? Does it work or should I buy an electric pump?

only for my penis adaptor, I have a jump box with a small air compressor in it that I use for my retracts. I think I paid about a hundred bucks for it at Costco. As far as your lawn chair you might want to upgrade a bit find one with some nice arm rests and get a nice foot stool to go with it. the 645 servos that are in it are perfect you don't need a lot of speed or torque on the surfaces and they will smooth it down quite a bit and make it look good flying. Just remember on take off slowly add throttle and let the tail come up so the rudder is flying then give it throttle and let it ease into the air, mine takes quite a bit of right rudder to keep it straight till the tail is flying. take off with no flap, on landing use about half of the flap and slightly above idle and let her settle on the mains and then take away the throttle and never cob the throttle on landing, they like to roll over onto their back real fast, use plenty of up elevator when taxiing . when you set it up on your radio set the elevator at about 2degrees on the down side or it will climb like a sick angel. all four of my mustangs were like this must be something to do with the way the airfoils are set up or incidence or some shit. once you get it trimmed and flying good you should like it , they fly like a pattern plane and as long as you keep the speed up a bit they don't do anything stupid, they fly slow to don't get me wrong , just don't bank into a turn real hard at slow speeds, some people call it a tip stall, I call it an accelerated death turn. so if flying slow keep it more level and turn with the rudder. hope some of this help enjoy your mustang they are the best warbird ever :drink:

Rat
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:53 pm

johnnashville wrote:Stan wins again, :doh: the biggest cj on the planet award :goldcup:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Rat
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Johnny, I actually have more slabs than cj planes now, you would be proud.
Attachments
2017-03-06 12.55.20.jpg

Rat
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 pm

stanleyholecek wrote:
capthis wrote:Stan, do you ever use that robart hand pump? Does it work or should I buy an electric pump?

only for my penis adaptor, I have a jump box with a small air compressor in it that I use for my retracts. I think I paid about a hundred bucks for it at Costco. As far as your lawn chair you might want to upgrade a bit find one with some nice arm rests and get a nice foot stool to go with it. the 645 servos that are in it are perfect you don't need a lot of speed or torque on the surfaces and they will smooth it down quite a bit and make it look good flying. Just remember on take off slowly add throttle and let the tail come up so the rudder is flying then give it throttle and let it ease into the air, mine takes quite a bit of right rudder to keep it straight till the tail is flying. take off with no flap, on landing use about half of the flap and slightly above idle and let her settle on the mains and then take away the throttle and never cob the throttle on landing, they like to roll over onto their back real fast, use plenty of up elevator when taxiing . when you set it up on your radio set the elevator at about 2degrees on the down side or it will climb like a sick angel. all four of my mustangs were like this must be something to do with the way the airfoils are set up or incidence or some shit. once you get it trimmed and flying good you should like it , they fly like a pattern plane and as long as you keep the speed up a bit they don't do anything stupid, they fly slow to don't get me wrong , just don't bank into a turn real hard at slow speeds, some people call it a tip stall, I call it an accelerated death turn. so if flying slow keep it more level and turn with the rudder. hope some of this help enjoy your mustang they are the best warbird ever :drink:

I got it I got it... don't horse it off the ground, don't grab lots of elevator at low speed, and fly it scale looking! :) Heads will roll at the warbird this year with rolling circles and rolling loops..... those are scale maneuvers for a mustang!

I actually have every intention of flying this like a pattern plane and will probably run it through the Imac sequences as well as turning nascar circles doesn't do much for me.

Local guy had a little foam corsair last fall he made me fly, wouldn't take no for an answer. I think the slow rolls down the runway got him a little too excited! :roll: It was a fun little plane but it needed more power!

capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 pm

lol , I like to do big giant rolling circles with mine to , and fly it through the basic imac sequence, really pisses of the imac guys at the field , I always like to show up when they are practicing and heckle the shit out of them. this year I am going to do it with the jet too, that ought to get their goat.

Rat
Pro Bro

Next

Return to Pro Bro General Chat