What are you building?

This is the place to hang and talk.

Re: What are you building?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:24 pm

So l take carolina kits are well made,quality kits. Good plans and good wood,do they come with good instructions. I do miss the printed instructions,no tec in shop,printing them is hit or miss. Ant that hard to give step by step guild,helps new guys,even me from oh no. Over all,what was the weight,what did you think of it.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:28 pm

sparkplug wrote:So l take carolina kits are well made,quality kits. Good plans and good wood,do they come with good instructions. I do miss the printed instructions,no tec in shop,printing them is hit or miss. Ant that hard to give step by step guild,helps new guys,even me from oh no. Over all,what was the weight,what did you think of it.

Good wood, great quality of parts, has his laser well tuned. No instructions at all, the only photos are the ones from previous builders…
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:31 am

sparkplug wrote:So l take carolina kits are well made,quality kits. Good plans and good wood,do they come with good instructions. I do miss the printed instructions,no tec in shop,printing them is hit or miss. Ant that hard to give step by step guild,helps new guys,even me from oh no. Over all,what was the weight,what did you think of it.

Also, don't be in a hurry for your kit. I'm very sympathetic to one man shops trying hard to survive and doing what they can for the builder. Mark isn't much of a PR guy. In fact, he seems to do a great job of loosing business. I don't mind waiting but it would be beneficial to everyone to say up front what the delay time from order to delivery is likely to be, and if you miss the proposed date keep customers updated about the status of the order. I think this is only showing courtesy to your cliental, not too much to ask. That said, I really do appreciate his taking on a profile kit and hope that there are more in the que. We NEED more kits.
Vince L
VinceL
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:42 am

VinceL wrote:

Also, don't be in a hurry for your kit. I'm very sympathetic to one man shops trying hard to survive and doing what they can for the builder. Mark isn't much of a PR guy. In fact, he seems to do a great job of loosing business. I don't mind waiting but it would be beneficial to everyone to say up front what the delay time from order to delivery is likely to be, and if you miss the proposed date keep customers updated about the status of the order. I think this is only showing courtesy to your cliental, not too much to ask. That said, I really do appreciate his taking on a profile kit and hope that there are more in the que. We NEED more kits.

I have offered him the Glitter Jr, 35" Giles I did, and the 20cc Glitter to kit. He is interested but hasn't reached back out to get the drawings for them yet.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

BalsaDust
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:04 am

VinceL wrote:

I will add that I don’t think he thought he would sell 40+ WindHammer kits. He is cutting the balsa, finishing the balsa, then putting them on the cutter. His wife is packing the kits and they are getting them out as quick as they can. This comment kinda reminds me of what drove Toad away from this site. New bro simply asks when he can expect the kit he paid Ted for and he got blasted for asking such a question. Nobody blasted the kit cutter back then… ohh how the tables turn…
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:16 pm

It must be a hard road to be a kit cutter,my thanks to all that provide these kits. What happened to sam,hoped he would be a part of the bros,is he still cutting kits elsewhere. Guess we need a post on cutting kits 101,or go to foam,its cold but works.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:57 pm

Motowncali wrote: Nobody blasted the kit cutter back then… ohh how the tables turn…

Hardly blasting him, just saying not to expect a kit quickly. I understand he’s overwhelmed and I am patiently waiting. I think he could do himself and his customers a big favor by being a bit more proactive about status. I’m not one bit concerned and don’t need my kit anytime soon. I’m grateful for his efforts. He doesn’t have kits on a shelf waiting for orders to come in, that’s all. Simply making folks aware.
Vince L
VinceL
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:07 pm

VinceL wrote:
Motowncali wrote: Nobody blasted the kit cutter back then… ohh how the tables turn…

Hardly blasting him, just saying not to expect a kit quickly. I understand he’s overwhelmed and I am patiently waiting. I think he could do himself and his customers a big favor by being a bit more proactive about status. I’m not one bit concerned and don’t need my kit anytime soon. I’m grateful for his efforts. He doesn’t have kits on a shelf waiting for orders to come in, that’s all. Simply making folks aware.

:tu:
Motowncali
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:08 am

wild fred's skunk works is working on something. might just be the ultimate fpv platform. more to follow!

teaser post, right? :lol:
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Wild Fred wrote:wild fred's skunk works is working on something. might just be the ultimate fpv platform. more to follow!

teaser post, right? :lol:

:needpics:
"Is it me or do those ailerons looks small?" - Dhooks

Fly it till it falls apart!! pro-bro #2162
FlightCrazed
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:24 pm

pics to come.

it's got 2 motors... the same exceed rockets i use on my slabs, 5 lb. thrust each...
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:48 pm

Foamerita twin, full size!!! LoL, I've been threatening to make one. Love my seniorita, but a lot of people don't like the prop in the video. I like it tho, more authentic, lol.
"Is it me or do those ailerons looks small?" - Dhooks

Fly it till it falls apart!! pro-bro #2162
FlightCrazed
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 pm

Back to work on setting up the Gator Skin Chakk..
It will be ready for the Ottumwa ProBro. :D
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:41 am

FlightCrazed wrote:Foamerita twin, full size!!! LoL, I've been threatening to make one. Love my seniorita, but a lot of people don't like the prop in the video. I like it tho, more authentic, lol.

close!
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 am

was assembling this for a freind, decided i'd like one but not the cost of 6s batteries and stuff. so making a foam wing senior with 2 35-42 motors.

ultimate fpv plane? :lol:
Attachments
Resized_20210603_083439.jpeg
Resized_20210610_093434.jpeg
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:18 pm

WF builds some neat stuff in a small shop,just think if he had a big table and extra space. But how,i be trippin over myself,cant find what i want,guess hes got the right stuff built in,i be fouled out sparkplug. :lol: :lol:
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Just weighed all the parts for the Probolto. 62oz. Add in the 6.5lbs for the gear and covering and the total weight is way under 11lbs. Sure hope it stays in that range!
joebob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:37 pm

Hard work and much thought paid off,i knew you could do it. :tu: :tu:
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:00 pm

Been rebuilding mojo 25,that hit after chunking batt hurt it more than i thought. Its the little things that take us out,then we fix that plane,stopping work on future plane,in my case the slick. Or,thats the way it goes for me. One day,i will be like straightup,build once,fly forever. :rockoncool: Got to get some foam in the air,told it takes hits much better,soon we shall see.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

sparkplug wrote: One day,i will be like straightup,build once,fly forever. :rockoncool:

:rofl: :rofl: In my dreams....... :lol: :lol:
Been doing a lot of fixing lately... Still no flying, but catching up on fixing.

Gator Skin Chakk will be flying at Ottumwa ProBro.
Maybee if the stars align I will get my Skeeter 36 finished also..
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Bro General Chat