gas engines

This is the place to hang and talk.

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 pm

gus wrote:20cc? Get a OS 120AX!!!! :mrgreen:


fixed it. :drink:
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Eldon, MO

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement
 

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 pm

McDDD wrote:
gus wrote:20cc? Get a OS 120AX!!!! :mrgreen:


fixed it. :drink:



Silly men :horse poop:


Dle 20 is the shizzle.16x8 prop for the win,most c.js wont tolerate a burble in their weed eater, but bitch and wine about the dle.but r skeered to tune in properly.
0s120ax a stallion, just too much$$ fuel wise.
Slimy m.f'er too.think about it..... 8oz fuel per 9 mins, 30 % oil
2.4 oz of slime per flight :cry:
athol probro stickbangers club

"There is room in the Hood for everyone, but not everybody finds a home in the Hood"
- goofy-

"Best part is if you dork a harrier from a few feet up, it's like a decent CJ landing" -steener-
doinkedit
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:13 pm
Location: Snake river idaho

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:35 am

doinkedit wrote:
McDDD wrote:
gus wrote:20cc? Get a OS 120AX!!!! :mrgreen:


fixed it. :drink:



Silly men :horse poop:


Dle 20 is the shizzle.16x8 prop for the win,most c.js wont tolerate a burble in their weed eater, but bitch and wine about the dle.but r skeered to tune in properly.
0s120ax a stallion, just too much$$ fuel wise.
Slimy m.f'er too.think about it..... 8oz fuel per 9 mins, 30 % oil
2.4 oz of slime per flight :cry:



What this guy said right here though I prefer a 17x6 prop over the 16x8.
President of Chrisy Poos Kit Emoprium "The Leader in Quality Cut Short Kits at Hooks Pricing"

Glitter55, Big Tiddy 55cc, VH Giles202. Stashed stix60, stix50, stix46

Image
BalsaDust
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 6926
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 am
Location: Somewhere in the USA

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:12 am

doinkedit wrote:
McDDD wrote:
gus wrote:20cc? Get a OS 120AX!!!! :mrgreen:


fixed it. :drink:



Silly men :horse poop:


Dle 20 is the shizzle.16x8 prop for the win,most c.js wont tolerate a burble in their weed eater, but bitch and wine about the dle.but r skeered to tune in properly.
0s120ax a stallion, just too much$$ fuel wise.
Slimy m.f'er too.think about it..... 8oz fuel per 9 mins, 30 % oil
2.4 oz of slime per flight :cry:


A little burble is nothing to worry about. Should transition just fine from hover power level to full power just fine.

I got my VVRC 35 yesterday. I'll see about taking some pics tonight and posting them up.
ben_beyer
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: Bryan, TX

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 am

ben_beyer wrote:
doinkedit wrote:
McDDD wrote:
gus wrote:20cc? Get a OS 120AX!!!! :mrgreen:


fixed it. :drink:



Silly men :horse poop:


Dle 20 is the shizzle.16x8 prop for the win,most c.js wont tolerate a burble in their weed eater, but bitch and wine about the dle.but r skeered to tune in properly.
0s120ax a stallion, just too much$$ fuel wise.
Slimy m.f'er too.think about it..... 8oz fuel per 9 mins, 30 % oil
2.4 oz of slime per flight :cry:


A little burble is nothing to worry about. Should transition just fine from hover power level to full power just fine.

I got my VVRC 35 yesterday. I'll see about taking some pics tonight and posting them up.


I also much prefer the 17x6 to the 16x8 on my Slide65. The mid-range burble mostly goes away with a BCP. I sure wish we could still get headers--I've got a Mac's on my DLE20, and a Toad one-off unobanium in the drawer for a spare. Wish he or The Lift could make the bigger headers for these and the OS120's...
3D wannabe

"Well, you can't scale down the air molecules that it's flying on,... so keep that in mind." 3dRookie
"Takes a day to learn and a lifetime to master, always something new to learn or refine" AD3D
(3D, DLG or cunnilingus?)
wyo69cowboy
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:22 pm
Location: wyoming

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am

Gus

What YS is the 20cc equivalent?
2-Stroke Freak
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Detroit

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:02 pm

2-Stroke Freak wrote:Gus

What YS is the 20cc equivalent?


YS140, it’s a 23cc
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 13933
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Park City, UT

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 pm

gus wrote:
2-Stroke Freak wrote:Gus

What YS is the 20cc equivalent?


YS140, it’s a 23cc

YS 91 is the same power as a dle 20.
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) High West Double Rye
4) Blanton's
5) Bakers
6) Woodford
7) four roses small batch
8) Berheim's Rye
9) Widow Jane
10) Black maple hill
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 10533
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:47 pm
Location: Fuck em

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

it'll swing a 16-8 at 8000 rpm? wow.
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 16579
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:56 am
Location: sitting on the seawall fishing

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:02 pm

YS got extra kick per inch,super charged thing with bottom boost bad ass extra,cost more to get it.
sparkplug
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:16 pm

sparkplug wrote:YS got extra kick per inch,super charged thing with bottom boost bad ass extra,cost more to get it.


There’s only three things I am not a cheap ass, liquor, steaks, and... airplane fuel.

And goats. Ok four.
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 13933
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Park City, UT

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 am

ben_beyer wrote:What is wrong with VVRC?

I won't divulge my source but that person had first hand knowledge of the VVRC situation. Not saying they are junk, but there are better motors as I listed some. Not trying to offend anyone, if you have one and it is running fine, great use it. My reply was my simply trying to answer the OP.
Extreme Flight RC
B and E Graphix
Castle Creations
jwilliams
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 3023
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:28 am
Location: Georgetown, IN

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:10 am

glow engine ignition timing is based on compression. that's why you have to add or subtract head shims when you run different nitro levels.

so, if it fires at a certain psi to get the timing exactly right, tell me how a supercharger on a glow engine is anything but hype? you have to increase the volume of the headspace to get the compression low enough to compensate for the supercharger or else it'll detonate. so, instead of an engine running 7:1, you have an engine with 2:1 boost and a 3.5:1 compression ratio. and more complexity and weight. and nickel plating.


but whatever. i could be wrong. i do know they will plow thru a cow pie better than any other engine made! :lol:
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 16579
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:56 am
Location: sitting on the seawall fishing

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:59 am

There is no super charger on a ys,. Contrary to all popular slogans
Hi my name is DorkitDan, may I fly your plane please ;)
dhooks
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 14314
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:53 pm
Location: USA-Florida-Lake Butler

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 pm

I was making a funny on ys. What you say WF is part true,but,a super charger works like a plpe,more air is more power,however its done. But,more to polnt,a 91 not going swing 16/8 very well,the gas is better at low speed big props,the ys likes faster stuff and be lighter. We got some sparks flying at least.
sparkplug
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:59 pm

Sorry, got busy with other stuff.
Attachments
20210409_223632.jpg
20210409_223713.jpg
20210409_223904.jpg
20210409_223915.jpg
20210409_223926.jpg
20210409_223930.jpg
ben_beyer
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:36 pm
Location: Bryan, TX

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 pm

sparkplug wrote:I was making a funny on ys. What you say WF is part true,but,a super charger works like a plpe,more air is more power,however its done. But,more to polnt,a 91 not going swing 16/8 very well,the gas is better at low speed big props,the ys likes faster stuff and be lighter. We got some sparks flying at least.



but it doesn't get any more air than any other compression timed engine. that's the point. if it did, it'd detonate or not run at all. ever pull all the copper rings outa a cox 049 to get "more compression" and then all it did was rock the prop back and forth? me and others i flew with as a kid all tried that. it doesn't work. glow is compression timed, end of statement. if you shove more air in, you got to compress it less. end of statement. so, why not get a big jug simple saito that has the same compression ratio as a "supercharged" low compression motor that's heavier, more parts, and a cowpie radar? uhh, same reason people buy lexus... or hardley davidson, i guess.
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 16579
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:56 am
Location: sitting on the seawall fishing

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:45 pm

Well,big is better,and a long stroke helps to. Oh,shucks,you win.
sparkplug
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:51 pm

Ben,thats a handfull of engine,should swing a big prop easy. Going to test them motor mounts for shure. Pull that plane and some extra to.
sparkplug
Pro Bro
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:45 pm
Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

Re: gas engines

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Wild Fred wrote:
sparkplug wrote:I was making a funny on ys. What you say WF is part true,but,a super charger works like a plpe,more air is more power,however its done. But,more to polnt,a 91 not going swing 16/8 very well,the gas is better at low speed big props,the ys likes faster stuff and be lighter. We got some sparks flying at least.



but it doesn't get any more air than any other compression timed engine. that's the point. if it did, it'd detonate or not run at all. ever pull all the copper rings outa a cox 049 to get "more compression" and then all it did was rock the prop back and forth? me and others i flew with as a kid all tried that. it doesn't work. glow is compression timed, end of statement. if you shove more air in, you got to compress it less. end of statement. so, why not get a big jug simple saito that has the same compression ratio as a "supercharged" low compression motor that's heavier, more parts, and a cowpie radar? uhh, same reason people buy lexus... or hardley davidson, i guess.





Why the circle jerk pylon racers only use ys,?
On straight pipe no less,annoying as fuck,ok :roll:
Last time i was at johnnashville's field, it way worse than nitro helis,and a damn bunch less interesting
athol probro stickbangers club

"There is room in the Hood for everyone, but not everybody finds a home in the Hood"
- goofy-

"Best part is if you dork a harrier from a few feet up, it's like a decent CJ landing" -steener-
doinkedit
Pro Bro
 
User avatar
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:13 pm
Location: Snake river idaho

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Bro General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests