Did you Fly today?

This is the place to hang and talk.

Re: Did you Fly today?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:32 pm

Much respect for those that live months in this stuff... I used to love the cold... but these days, my body just doesn’t adjust like it used too...
Attachments
A0BA365D-0DFA-4823-832B-9ECEE337C1C5.jpeg
Motowncali
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:39 pm

Motowncali wrote:Much respect for those that live months in this stuff... I used to love the cold... but these days, my body just doesn’t adjust like it used too...

When it's cold or humid, just remember
WP_20130216_001.jpg

And don't forget CA state income tax

I hope you guys are doing well :drink:
johnnashville
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:33 am

Beaver wrote:I got the O'l PBF out today after 6-7 years it wasn't pretty :mrgreen: poor thing has saggy wing/box sindrome and needs some trimming just could''nt keep in in the air long enough :rant: Saber 35 and the little VH G202 also these went' a lot better than the PBF :hover:

yeah, saggy wings and box can be a drag.
Attachments
article-2139517-12EB93FF000005DC-184_634x755.jpg
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

No matter how wrong they are.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:44 am

johnnashville wrote:
Motowncali wrote:Much respect for those that live months in this stuff... I used to love the cold... but these days, my body just doesn’t adjust like it used too...

When it's cold or humid, just remember
WP_20130216_001.jpg

And don't forget CA state income tax

I hope you guys are doing well :drink:

mine either. been below 40 last 2 mornings. frost inland, but not here. still hurt all day. 4 bucks a gallon? oh, including all taxes... to cover all the laws we made to cover the lack of law written on the hearts of those in communist countries...fla. has no state income tax. flat, good flying sites. castle law. almost as good as texas, where "he needed killing" is a valid defense! :lol:

there's better places to live, dude! airplanes need fixing all over. wouldn't you rather live down the street from me or mo?

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:50 pm

4.05 that hurts,just think what it will be soon.Theres 30 better states than you got.just as the country was getting it back,this shit happens,and down we go,or where is the bottom.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Wild Fred wrote:
Beaver wrote:I got the O'l PBF out today after 6-7 years it wasn't pretty :mrgreen: poor thing has saggy wing/box sindrome and needs some trimming just could''nt keep in in the air long enough :rant: Saber 35 and the little VH G202 also these went' a lot better than the PBF :hover:

yeah, saggy wings and box can be a drag.

I had success with o'l saggy wings today just not any like the one you posted :lol:
Back from a long hiatus
Beaver
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 pm

:lol: :lol: I paid $2.03 a gallon for gas last weekend.

Mo, you got more snow than us lately... :lol: :lol:
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:11 pm

Them 40 degrees slowing WF down,been in 40s here all week,still,them boys up north got it bad,just think of there power bill. A friend of mine lived in CO for a while,said he always had a blanket and candle in his truck.I had to ask,what candle for,he said heat. Told him,its to stick on dash,so you could watch in mirror,see yourself as you froze.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:57 am

when someone named beaver starts talking success with ol' saggy wings, my mind goes straight in the gutter! :lol:

is 64 degrees this morning, might go outside today!

i remember my years in louisville winter. had a super beetle, then a corvair van. both would go like hell in snow, and both had shit heaters. now i got the big van, good old v-8 heat, and dual a/c. but with the 30 gallon tank, it'd bankrupt me in cali.

i will say i haven't put gas in it since november, and probably won't till february!

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Same with me,dont drive much,dont use much. The wife drives 30,000 a year,and no job. pity those that drive 40 miles one way,when i ran dozers 150 gals a day,fuel went to 4.00,it hurt. Tis why i now fix boats.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:57 pm

yeah, my 30 hp yanmar on my boat has like a 30-40 gallon tank. can chug to argentina, and probably back on a tank. not counting going 6-7 knots for free if there's any breeze at all.

kon tiki had it right. just go, troll, take your time. you will get there and eat good on the way.

still wanting to go caribbean someday, but when things are perfect here, why leave?

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Read the book,tiki,where he floats across the ocean,bigger balls than me got,radar and big engine the way to go,get out trouble faster than got in it. Them ocean storms ant no joke,plug dont want no part. whats max speed on your boat,might put big 4st on it if go south,just like bro plane,have more than need. keep yam,4st when deep shit happens.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:53 am

had it to 8 knots in moderate wind. displacement hull, only go so fast. i stay close to shore, no problem. if i had to bug out, would go 10,000 islands and sail the channels. plenty room there.

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 am

Thats ok,just enought to run from them storms,hide behind land. Our lake 3 miles across,been in bad stuff on it when stripper fish at night,and that ocean bigger. Got some tasty fish though. Cleaning shop,to much stuff but cant bring myself to throw away,i be pack rat.No good for flying,so clean,lmprove shop and start building or talk Heinz 57 into building them. I get him some yellow jacket pills,make him vibrate.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Cold and nasty this week in the east and no sun. Jan being tuff on every one,even my old house dont want to warm up.You guys up north are playing in the snow i bet,maybe flying.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 pm

WF,think that boat drag a barge,i got a lot of stuff.As fog horn says,himmm,dont look so good.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:33 am

stuff just ties you down. i usually sell it all and get new, better stuff later.

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 am

just a little video of wf and his yacht... and yes, i got the same horn! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCFB4Sw5ug :lol:

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:21 am

Wild Fred wrote:just a little video of wf and his yacht... and yes, i got the same horn! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCFB4Sw5ug :lol:

Wait, I've seen your boat.... Closer to the one that Ted Knight on!! :rofl: :rofl: Lolol, great movie!!
"Is it me or do those ailerons looks small?" - Dhooks

Fly it till it falls apart!! pro-bro #2162
FlightCrazed
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm

FlightCrazed wrote:
Wild Fred wrote:just a little video of wf and his yacht... and yes, i got the same horn! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCFB4Sw5ug :lol:

Wait, I've seen your boat.... Closer to the one that Ted Knight on!! :rofl: :rofl: Lolol, great movie!!

the flying wasp! or the anchor scratcher?? :lol:

my istokpoga boat was a jonboat with a mercury 6 hp that was so old it was white. then got a 14' v hull. then ny stepfather scored a 35 hp runabout that had a split in the bottom in lake palcid. i rowed it across lake, he backed down the culvert off 27, tok it home. he patched the split and off we went.

no wonder i'm like i am! thing would pull a skier, but you had to know how to get up on low hp. i can probably still slalom on 1 ski, did waay too much during those years.

Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Bro General Chat