Hello

This is the place to hang and talk.

Re: Hello

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Good stuff c/f :tu: I made the mistake of ordering two 17x6s in that case.

Zombie- That would be a disaster. Probably need to replace the fuel lines in a couple now that you mention it!

I’d like to learn more about flight sims too! If slabs are possible..
Heinz57
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 am

Heinz57 wrote:Good stuff c/f :tu: I made the mistake of ordering two 17x6s in that case.

Zombie- That would be a disaster. Probably need to replace the fuel lines in a couple now that you mention it!

I’d like to learn more about flight sims too! If slabs are possible..

Don't forget the tank clunk lines. Little suckers have got me twice since returning to flying using old equipment.
The Profile Brotherhood Needs You! Post something, dammit!
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 am

Zombie- good call. Taking a quick look at one last night, I actually installed longer hard line that extends from the tank through the leading edge. Although tank failure is possible. My dad had it happen on his Sig four star when we started flying again. Like you said, big mess. On another note, ordered two sets of landings gear a couple days ago. Not a fan of HK but they look sweet. Reading the reviews a guy posted 3 inches of clearance with a 17 prop. What ya think?
Attachments
453B9B19-5110-4770-B866-5A384B45BA93.png
Heinz57
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am

Heinz57 wrote:On another note, ordered two sets of landings gear a couple days ago. Not a fan of HK but they look sweet. Reading the reviews a guy posted 3 inches of clearance with a 17 prop. What ya think?

Interesting. Let us know how they work out for you.

I have 40 size set of cf I've never used. Sure like the weight. Very light.
The Profile Brotherhood Needs You! Post something, dammit!
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 pm

gas is looking better and better,20cc total weight,28oz plus smaller tank.mogas 60.flying alone just dont get exposed to new stuff,saw a 360 35 slick,very nice flying.got to see mojo60 flying,short flight,but looks like were i want to go,gas i hope. eldon had bunch of f a b fucking alsome bros,cant quite use your letters.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:51 am

the c/f gear are pretty good but will snap. wire is the way to go on slabs. I usually bend my own a couple inches longer than stock size. got a k+s wire bender, worth the money. people don't like the way wire gear looks? sand or acetone wire and paint them with balsarite and make some airfoiled balsa fairings to suit, then iron them on. no big project, and get unbreakable gear that's easy to re-fair if you smack it.
"I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy."- jonathan livingston seagull.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Pro Bro General Chat