Radiomaster TX16S

Radio, Battery and General Electronic discussions.

Radiomaster TX16S

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 pm

Got my new Radiomaster and it looks good so far--certainly seems to bind to futaba and spektrum stuff at will. I'm still getting used to OpenTX and I need to finish a profile for a plane before I fly it, but I'll put some feedback in here. Does anyone else have one of these or a Jumper? Anything good/bad to say?

I was going to by a new Spektrum because I have a lot of their receivers, but I didn't want to get locked in and there are a lot of things I don't like about spektrum anyway. Several people that I know wanted to try one and I kind of bought this on a whim. Had to wait for the 18650 batteries to show up (batteries not included...what?!!?!), and find some time to play with it.

Oh, and it is sitting in the EPP case it comes with--That's kind of a nice bonus, I think.
Attachments
IMG_4892.jpg
guckrob
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: Radiomaster TX16S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:48 am

I have one still on order. Checked with them yesterday and they were expecting more by end of the month. Mine should be in this shipment.

Matt

I’ve never used openTX for a plane so it will be a bit of a learning curve for me. Done lots of quads on it though.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:04 pm

guckrob wrote:Got my new Radiomaster and it looks good so far--certainly seems to bind to futaba and spektrum stuff at will. I'm still getting used to OpenTX and I need to finish a profile for a plane before I fly it, but I'll put some feedback in here. Does anyone else have one of these or a Jumper? Anything good/bad to say?

I was going to by a new Spektrum because I have a lot of their receivers, but I didn't want to get locked in and there are a lot of things I don't like about spektrum anyway. Several people that I know wanted to try one and I kind of bought this on a whim. Had to wait for the 18650 batteries to show up (batteries not included...what?!!?!), and find some time to play with it.

Oh, and it is sitting in the EPP case it comes with--That's kind of a nice bonus, I think.

Bardwell had a hell of a time getting his to review when airflights got shut down . You want to know what I think . Spektrum better start lowering their prices :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMP2gnZQck
Mojo40
Slick540
Fuzion
RazorYakARF
E-Yak 32"
32"epp 3DHS Yak
Sabre56
Lanier Radical
Evo Cap (in bones)
Stix46 (in sticks)
LightRC S-Bach 35"
Yak 40(almost there)
Ferro Plane
MikeMcChiken
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Last edited by Dr Constrictor on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) High West Double Rye
4) Blanton's
5) Bakers
6) Woodford
7) four roses small batch
8) Berheim's Rye
9) Widow Jane
10) Black maple hill
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:28 pm

Hey Mike....
My favorite maneuver... The Walk Of Shame.
iceman1
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 pm

MikeMcChiken wrote:
guckrob wrote:Got my new Radiomaster and it looks good so far--certainly seems to bind to futaba and spektrum stuff at will. I'm still getting used to OpenTX and I need to finish a profile for a plane before I fly it, but I'll put some feedback in here. Does anyone else have one of these or a Jumper? Anything good/bad to say?

Bardwell had a hell of a time getting his to review when airflights got shut down . You want to know what I think . Spektrum better start lowering their prices :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMP2gnZQck

Ha...I actually saw that guy's video when I was trying to research this TX. They are in stock now, though. I got mine in like 4 days from buddyRC. I'm really happy with it so far, but I won't get to fly on it much until (hopefully) this weekend
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:40 am

Hadnt heard about this radio. seems great so I ordered one from buddyrc. Might finally be able to get rid of my old futaba 10. Where did you order the batts for it?
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:47 am

smallfly wrote:Hadnt heard about this radio. seems great so I ordered one from buddyrc. Might finally be able to get rid of my old futaba 10. Where did you order the batts for it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-18650-Batte ... SwTQle~VPu
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:48 am

smallfly wrote:Hadnt heard about this radio. seems great so I ordered one from buddyrc. Might finally be able to get rid of my old futaba 10. Where did you order the batts for it?

Local vape shops sell them along with basic chargers. Junk 18650 cells are all over the place. Stick with name brands like LG and Samsung. Pretty much anything with fire in the name is junk! You can likely also just stick a 2S lipo in it for quick and easy.

Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:50 am

guckrob wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-18650-Batte ... SwTQle~VPu

Test those batteries with a proper charger. You’ll be lucky to get 500mah capacity!

Matt
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:37 am

ya I just got them because they were cheap to try out the radio--I haven't seen how long they cycle, although I did run the TX for about 2hrs on the first charge with no issue. I'll see what they come out to--For $6 as long as they don't catch on fire I'll live.
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:39 am

ordered a couple samsung cells from amazon for under 17 bucks. I agree most of the cheap chinese batteries will not hold up very long
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:45 am

which ones did you get?
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:32 am

Project Farm tested a bunch of 18650 batteries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZuHMlRw_0
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:28 pm

McDDD wrote:Project Farm tested a bunch of 18650 batteries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZuHMlRw_0

I love that guy--he's so common sense and practical.

I did get 4 batteries delivered for $6, but apparently they are terrible based on his numbers.

I've got two of those LG MJ1's from liionwholesale.com on the way and I'll switch to those when they get here. They were $20 with shipping, but that's better than amazon and that place it very reputable.

Good catch on the batteries--I knew those were cheap, but I didn't think they'd be that bad. There are links in the comments to the project farm video about all the chinese battery scams--totally shady!
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:17 pm

I bought the Samsung 30Q 3000's. probably paid a bit too much but shipping was free
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:33 pm

iceman1 wrote:Hey Mike....

Hey hows it going . Its been a while . I thought I read somewhere in here you might be retiring soon . You'll be able to make quite a few events then . :tu:
Mojo40
Slick540
Fuzion
RazorYakARF
E-Yak 32"
32"epp 3DHS Yak
Sabre56
Lanier Radical
Evo Cap (in bones)
Stix46 (in sticks)
LightRC S-Bach 35"
Yak 40(almost there)
Ferro Plane
MikeMcChiken
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:00 pm

This place has authentic cells and lots of vape forums suggest this place.
Samsung 30Q are lower amp 3000mah cells and are accurate if authentic.If gotten from above they will be.
3dfoamyfan
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:00 am

MikeMcChiken wrote:

Hey hows it going . Its been a while . I thought I read somewhere in here you might be retiring soon . You'll be able to make quite a few events then . :tu:

Mike.
I am hoping to retire but am struggling with how to do it .
It will be a game changer for sure.
More Pro Bros sounds good.
My favorite maneuver... The Walk Of Shame.
iceman1
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:12 pm

iceman1 wrote:
MikeMcChiken wrote:

Mike.
I am hoping to retire but am struggling with how to do it .
It will be a game changer for sure.
More Pro Bros sounds good.

If you own a home in the Bay Area sell it and move inland . Thats your ticket to retirement . Want a bigger ticket get out of California . I could sell my halfplex and pay off a home bigger than what I have in Oklahoma , Texas and Idaho . Those are the three I have my eyes on . I want out before the houses in Folsom are done . 25k homes will make hwy50 just like I-80 .
Mojo40
Slick540
Fuzion
RazorYakARF
E-Yak 32"
32"epp 3DHS Yak
Sabre56
Lanier Radical
Evo Cap (in bones)
Stix46 (in sticks)
LightRC S-Bach 35"
Yak 40(almost there)