Radiomaster TX16S

Radio, Battery and General Electronic discussions.

Re: Radiomaster TX16S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:00 pm

We could get a house like Mo's......
That's a lot of bricks.
My favorite maneuver... The Walk Of Shame.
iceman1
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:31 pm

I haven't been able to determine, will flat-top 18650 cells work in the battery holder, or do they need to be button tops? Maybe I just haven't looked in the right place.
"Beer! Because no great story ever started out 'Hold my salad fork...'"
Prowler
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Prowler wrote:I haven't been able to determine, will flat-top 18650 cells work in the battery holder, or do they need to be button tops? Maybe I just haven't looked in the right place.

No first hand experience but I’d guess button tops would be better but a blob of solder on the positive nub would be enough to make decent contact. Best bet would be to solder up a pack with correct connectors.

Matt
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
basmntdweller
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:35 am

Prowler wrote:I haven't been able to determine, will flat-top 18650 cells work in the battery holder, or do they need to be button tops? Maybe I just haven't looked in the right place.

Either flat-tops or buttons will work. The battery holder has buttons for flat-tops, so you don't have to to the solder gob trick. I can send you a pic of mine if you want.
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:36 am

basmntdweller wrote:

No first hand experience but I’d guess button tops would be better but a blob of solder on the positive nub would be enough to make decent contact. Best bet would be to solder up a pack with correct connectors.

Matt

Ya once my 'good' 18650's come in I thought about soldering them in as well. Seems like a solid idea.
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:45 pm

I have to say I wouldn't think I would like using the computer to setup and manage plane settings, but using the companion program on the computer is a lot easier in my opinion that messing with buttons and menus on the screen of a TX. I can screw with settings and download and then go try it out--I feel like I'm tuning a car or something.

OpenTX took some getting used to, but I'm warming up to it. If this TX holds up I might be done with proprietary computer radios and I'm totally ok with that. More kits for me ;)
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:33 am

I know I have found with my Taranis that there were some settings I could not figure out how to change on the radio. Companion isn't that much of a learning curve, I don't think. I like being able to back up my models before I make changes and inevitably screw the pooch. I've been looking at upgrading, and with the TX16S having multi-protocol & hall effect gimbals out of the box it was a no-brainer. Really looking forward to it getting here.
"Beer! Because no great story ever started out 'Hold my salad fork...'"
Prowler
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Idaho is not what it once was mike. Scratch it-you can no longer afford it i :roll: left
athol probro stickbangers club

"There is room in the Hood for everyone, but not everybody finds a home in the Hood"
- goofy-

"Best part is if you dork a harrier from a few feet up, it's like a decent CJ landing" -steener-
doinkedit
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 am

Got mine in, still waiting for the batts, hopefully this week on those. While it doesnt have quite the quality feel of my graupner pro 24 it is 3 times less expensive and still a pretty solid feel. Watching youtube videos now on how to deal with it
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:15 pm

doinkedit wrote:Idaho is not what it once was mike. Scratch it-you can no longer afford it i :roll: left

What didnt you like ? I've been looking at prices . They did go up but not like cali . I noticed property taxes very greatly depending on location for some reason . Im looking at Nampa or Meridian for one shop and could live in Post Falls and work in Washington or Idaho .
Mojo40
Slick540
Fuzion
RazorYakARF
E-Yak 32"
32"epp 3DHS Yak
Sabre56
Lanier Radical
Evo Cap (in bones)
Stix46 (in sticks)
LightRC S-Bach 35"
Yak 40(almost there)
Ferro Plane
MikeMcChiken
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Well I think Im very dissapointed. I cant find FASST in its protocols only sfhss and of course all but about one of mine are Fasst. I did manage to get it upgraded I think to the latest version but what a learning curve. is there something Im missing about fasst support?
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:52 pm

smallfly wrote:Well I think Im very dissapointed. I cant find FASST in its protocols only sfhss and of course all but about one of mine are Fasst. I did manage to get it upgraded I think to the latest version but what a learning curve. is there something Im missing about fasst support?

no FASST support? Is it on the way or is it not even in the hardware?
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

I don’t think it’s possible to have Fassst on the modules.
I think Fassst modules are encoded like FrSky just started doing with Access and maybe someone else will comment.
I hope they can soon because that’s the only receivers I have that won’t work with Taranis.
3dfoamyfan
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:19 pm

The multi protocol modules have four different chips, and between them they can encode nearly all of the RF protocols on the market. Unfortunately, the chip needed to encode FASST isn't one of them. From what I've read, FASST is the only protocol that uses that chip, so the designers and developers of the multi protocol project left it out, and apparently have no intention of adding it in the future. I haven't found the answer yet if the MP module is, or will be capable of doing FrSky ACCESS.
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:40 am

Wish Id known that before I bought it. When an ad says support for futaba you kinda figure it would mean fasst since thats been the standard for years. Anybody want a good deal on a new radio
smallfly
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

When decoding of Spread Rectum, is it DSM2 or DSMX, if both can someone test each and once bound see if "A" after cycling the tranny power off, if the DSM2 blinks and needs rx power cycled to clear. and B if DSMX shows no light blinking and just operates without a power cycle on rx.

Just curious if a MP is actual apples to apples. BTW I still own Futaba Fasst modules for JR radios, so would they work in one of these gems? Oh wait they cost 50% more than the whole radio...............

Tom,
Aluminumm gimbals with Quad BB is a steal at $300. Im trying to get a Pro for $250 shipped, no rx.
c/f
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 pm

c/f wrote:When decoding of Spread Rectum, is it DSM2 or DSMX, if both can someone test each and once bound see if "A" after cycling the tranny power off, if the DSM2 blinks and needs rx power cycled to clear. and B if DSMX shows no light blinking and just operates without a power cycle on rx.

Just curious if a MP is actual apples to apples. BTW I still own Futaba Fasst modules for JR radios, so would they work in one of these gems? Oh wait they cost 50% more than the whole radio...............

Tom,
Aluminumm gimbals with Quad BB is a steal at $300. Im trying to get a Pro for $250 shipped, no rx.

I can try that sometime. I think it's just DSM2, though
guckrob
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:31 pm

I don't have a Radiomaster transmitter, but I do have a multi protocol module in a Taranis X9D Plus. The Radiomaster simply uses the multi protocol module as an internal RF module.

The multi module choices to bind with Spektrum are DSM2/11ms, DSM2/22ms, DSMX/11ms, and DSMX/22ms. When bound in either DSM2 mode, a power cycle causes the receiver light to blink, just like it should. When bound in either DSMX mode, a power cycle does not cause the receiver light to blink, just like it should. This function works exactly like binding to a genuine Spektrum transmitter.

What really surprised me was that the Taranis was receiving telemetry info back from a Spektrum AR636A in DSMX mode, and an ORX 910 in DSMX mode. I didn't even know these receivers could do telemetry until now. I recognized the receiver voltage telemetry signal reading, but I haven't figured out what the other information is yet.

The multi protocol can also do HoTT including the telemetry, but it requires OpenTx 2.3.8 or higher. I'm running 2.2.4 so I couldn't access the HoTT protocol. Plus I don't have any HoTT receivers to test it.
:hover: McDDD #415

˙ʇᴉ op oʇ ʍoɥ ʇno ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ʇ,uɐɔ I ʇnq 'looɔ sʞool ʇxǝʇ spɹɐʍʞɔɐq puɐ uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩
McDDD
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:04 pm

boom that's awesome. I've got a lot of spektrum (someone called it "spread rectum" in this thread and now I'm always going to hear it that way) so I'm looking forward to it now.
guckrob
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Batteries / Radios / Electronics