What should I kit next?

What kit would you want? Mojo 60 or Primo 60?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:15 am

Mojo 60
27%
Primo 60
46%
Both
27%

Total votes : 26

Re: What should I kit next?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:34 am

ben_beyer wrote:
nutz wrote:I think the Slide 58 used a single bolt to hold the wings on.
Wild Fred suggested a longtime ago to use epoxy on the root rib/ center sheeting joint and gorilla glue the tube to web shears. Mine was really strong following those two steps.

I'd like to see the Slide series return as well.

This
AKA "FISH-DR"
The Joker said it best, "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.”
Master Yoda
3DHUSKER
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 pm

hi guys.i quit flying 20 years ago,started back 1 year,3 planes later got my thums back.eyes ant what they were also. 62 now,flying some sticks ,uproar, traner and tosted my old frazer on a 40 year sail boat parked at the end of my landing strip.owener of strip moved boat boat to mowe grass, i came in dead stick to hot to stop. building a 40 size hots now.agree with zombie,i found this site a while back. its a good thing,lotts of enfo.i want 60 mojo removeable wings ,cant seem to get plans, like to get a kit. zombie say to put preasure on doug, thanks for all you have done ,but your job ant done. old guys like me new to slabs need i you. need all of you to help get young folks started. trying to teach 18 year old to fly now.just think how he would react to a mojo. i have seen the light, need slabs, have lots of two st. engines big ones. got plans for ultra hots. but i think i a mojo be better.maybe a up scaled mojo for tiger 3000 might stir somebody up. if 40 is good , 60 better,150 might be allsome.thanks for letting me run on,but you guys got me excited about flying again.old sparkplug may have some fouling, but still building,flying,and crashing, even into boats,bet youall ant did that.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:15 pm

You got me there, sparkplug. I have never crashed into a boat! :rofl:
The Profile Brotherhood Needs You! Post something, dammit!
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 pm

3DHUSKER wrote:
ben_beyer wrote:
nutz wrote:I think the Slide 58 used a single bolt to hold the wings on.
Wild Fred suggested a longtime ago to use epoxy on the root rib/ center sheeting joint and gorilla glue the tube to web shears. Mine was really strong following those two steps.

I'd like to see the Slide series return as well.

This

So what you guys are saying is Doug should have put the Slide 58 in the poll too?! :nutkick:
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Nice introduction Sparkplug :tu: Welcome to the Bro's.
I was bored with flying and almost out of the hobby when I got into PBF's and Profiles :rockon:
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm

thank you,straightup,this is first time i have ever posted on a format, not even facebook.great site, join up new guys.always flew 2st engines,are 4st engines realy that much better for slabs. do we have a site for engines questions.where do i get orings for os 50ax needle, 7bucks each at tower, b.s. 101 index now in s.c. got to put raditator in wifes car. migh get to work on hots latter,you guys up north got it good now, but i fly all winter long.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 pm

sparkplug wrote:thank you,straightup,this is first time i have ever posted on a format, not even facebook.great site, join up new guys.always flew 2st engines,are 4st engines realy that much better for slabs. do we have a site for engines questions.where do i get orings for os 50ax needle, 7bucks each at tower, b.s. 101 index now in s.c. got to put raditator in wifes car. migh get to work on hots latter,you guys up north got it good now, but i fly all winter long.

I’ve tried Saito and ys but nothing Has been as reliable as my os two strokes. A vote for two stroke power but others will say different. My two is 120 ax’s just make me smile
jrr
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:45 pm

jrr wrote:
sparkplug wrote:thank you,straightup,this is first time i have ever posted on a format, not even facebook.great site, join up new guys.always flew 2st engines,are 4st engines realy that much better for slabs. do we have a site for engines questions.where do i get orings for os 50ax needle, 7bucks each at tower, b.s. 101 index now in s.c. got to put raditator in wifes car. migh get to work on hots latter,you guys up north got it good now, but i fly all winter long.

I’ve tried Saito and ys but nothing Has been as reliable as my os two strokes. A vote for two stroke power but others will say different. My two is 120 ax’s just make me smile

OS 120 with a BCP is a stump puller now doubt, awesome power, sounds great, perfect for 3d..

That being said, a properly tuned YS while different, is was cool too. Low end grunt. I like the YS for low and slow, 120 for everything else :rockon:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 pm

No one will ever convince me that a 2-stroke is as pleasing and pleasurable as a 4-stroke. I've had both. I have owned and can tune YS and Saito. I will never fly 2-stroke by choice.

But then, I'm not into speed either.
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Zombie [2point0] wrote:No one will ever convince me that a 2-stroke is as pleasing and pleasurable as a 4-stroke. I've had both. I have owned and can tune YS and Saito. I will never fly 2-stroke by choice.

But then, I'm not into speed either.

I hear you. The 120ax is the only two stroke I still have. Its a beast, and sounds like an old dirt bike on roids with a bcp :rockoncool:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:41 pm

have you ever thought,why dont 4st engines have motor oil in crankcase. just like a lawnmover, with a dipstick, 2 or 3 ounces,drain and fill each flying day. no more bad bearings, less oil in fuel. just a thought.i guess those who dont use after run oil would not change it .2st an,t got sound, looks, but sure got power,light and cheap now.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:50 pm

sparkplug wrote:have you ever thought,why dont 4st engines have motor oil in crankcase. just like a lawnmover, with a dipstick, 2 or 3 ounces,drain and fill each flying day. no more bad bearings, less oil in fuel. just a thought.i guess those who dont use after run oil would not change it .2st an,t got sound, looks, but sure got power,light and cheap now.

Using good fuel, running engine dry after each days flying have kept all my engines happy, even after sitting awhile. Of course I do live in a fair weather climate, that might help. A dipstick would go against ProBro simplicity and just add weight :mrgreen:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:04 pm

sparkplug wrote:have you ever thought,why dont 4st engines have motor oil in crankcase. just like a lawnmover, with a dipstick, 2 or 3 ounces,drain and fill each flying day. no more bad bearings, less oil in fuel. just a thought.i guess those who dont use after run oil would not change it .2st an,t got sound, looks, but sure got power,light and cheap now.

Don't get me wrong. 2-strokes are fine, and even better for certain applications. Different strokes for different folks and all that. As you point out 2-strokes are cheaper among other features. I just don't get much "Happy happy, joy joy" out of them like I do when running a nice 4-stroke.

Never had bearing issues with my 4-strokes.
Last edited by Zombie [2point0] on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 pm

West Coast Bro wrote:Using good fuel, running engine dry after each days flying have kept all my engines happy ...

This!

And I avoid castor oil and lean runs.
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:54 pm

a friend gave me 2 complete spads,more or less, os46 one had cardboard wing. i can of dissmissed them out of hand.perhapps i should give them a try.dont fly good grt revinge on sailboat.got to say, not much posting ,forgot about formmatts at home page. feal like dummy, yep, place for engine talk, big mojos been built, ant much not been done. still flying on jr 72 mz. fly by self mostly.working on profile hots,think mainframe will be heavy.1/2 by1/2 balsa adds up.102 heat endex, 90 at dark.yuk. got son to download mojo plans to phone,may take to printer next week.any thing i need to tell him, if go to staples know they dont got a clue.thanks again, almost fouled sparkplug.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 pm

No worries, sparkplug - thread hijacking is a given here.

I fly JR 72 too.

Don't know what to tell you about the printer and the Mojo plans. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Zombie [2point0]
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:45 pm

A 60 size electric maybe but Mojo I’d choose.
Any smaller kits being cut?
3dfoamyfan
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:06 am

Staples and FedEx can print plans. I downloaded them to my phone and they were able to get the file and print them for me
An erection is a terrible thing to waste
ChuckD
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:11 pm

if doug could make a kit that looked like a phone, you could fly with head down,had reset,back butten,wings that folded and played games between flights. oh ye,got be el motor bet it would be hit.flying is work,but lot of fun also.building is fun but a lot of work and time.you get out what you put in life.ant nouthen like first flight after 100 hours of building, new gen foam flyers will never know.any thoughts about this profile hotts 30 size i be building. got enya 46 do you think to heavy, enough power.i will post pictures if i ever learn how.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:09 pm

Zombie [2point0] wrote:
I fly JR 72 too.

I still have a few planes on my JR 9303 72 mhz. My avitar plane is on it :D
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PreviousNext

Return to Doug G Designs & Kit Cutting