I Miss Keyman

Gone but not forgotten.

I Miss Keyman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:15 am

Sorry it took me so long to post this. I just got his ashes and this stone in the family plot two months ago. It's nearly 1000 miles away in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I read some posts here that were talking about his heart condition. He had 17 stents that I know of and a pacemaker. He passed from heart failure as the doctors predicted, and had some other health issues including diabetes. Here's a link to a You Tube video of him flying a foamie in a back yard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V-pSD5Cx1Y Wish I had more pics and videos of him, but am thankful for his posts I can read here and elsewhere. It's been two years and I still miss him every day. He went way too early. He was a great brother.
JasonInTN
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

Re: I Miss Keyman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:30 am

I miss him too and suspected he had passed away from health issues. He actually told me he was selling his stuff so others wouldn't have to deal with it.
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) Blanton's
4) Bakers
5) John J Bowman
6) Woodford
7) Berheim's
8) Widow Jane
9) Black maple hill
Yoni
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:37 am

Prayers for your loss.
Wild Fred is the smartest man I know.... If you don't believe me just ask him!

Cappy needs a WF built L4 scheme Lazy Bee with ailerons.

B&E Graphix-> www.BandEGraphix.com
Planewrappers-> www.planewrappers.com
capthis
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:21 am

So sorry for your loss.

Thank you for letting us know. I wondered what happened to him. We used to pm. Seems he passed just before the Nash that I was going to give him a plane at if he came. :(

Godspeed Keyman
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:31 am

Sorry to see this. Best wishes and condolences. He was a great guy, gave me some "experimental" ESC's a few Nash's back. :cry:
Spitfire Mk IIID
2 Sbach 45's
Spaz G202
Wild Tiger
EE 25
Bouncer
Tritle Luscombe Silvair
Primo 15
"...It's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.." Butthole Surfers
the lift
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:45 am

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing.
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Dr Constrictor wrote:I miss him too and suspected he had passed away from health issues. He actually told me he was selling his stuff so others wouldn't have to deal with it.

I appreciate all the kind replies and enjoy hearing about the conversations with Keyman. This quote from Dr Constrictor made my morning and literally made me laugh out loud. Bet the Dr wasn't expecting that. Those who knew Mark well know he was a hoarder. There is some mention of it in the archives. He loved to shop online and was always looking for a bargain. If he sold any major amount of RC gear it would be news to me. There are 23 transmitters sitting in boxes in my guest room. Two cases of unbuilt foam profile kits in my basement. Probably 50 or more planes in every condition here and still in his house. There are so many bits and pieces I can only hope to be able to round it all up. I don't fly and would like to sell most of it locally. I will post in the main forum when that happens.

I really don't mind dealing with it, but I'm old and slow and the last guy standing in my immediate family. Mark also left 7 junk cars, a truck, 5 motorcycles, stoves, refrigerators, furniture, wood furnaces, vending machines, tools, building supplies, aquariums and a whole lot more stuffed into 2000 square foot of house and sheds. There's a pallet of new in the box small appliances I brought over here. He also imported and left behind enough Chinese vape hardware to supply a small store. I wish he had given up smoking earlier and used that stuff.

Hope I haven't gotten too personal with this wall of text. I am not complaining. Mark was so generous with his belongings and his time. Gotta go do something productive, but will check back later. Please keep the comments coming. Jason
JasonInTN
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Never met him but shed a tear over your post.
I am the oldest of 7, my wife is youngest of 8...... and we are out of parents now.
Just went through the same thing with my mom. She was a hoarder and a creative genius taken by cancer. It took forever to go through all her stuff. She kept everything because it was of value to her. Memories. Fond memories. Your friend associated flying with fond memories. RIP.
My heart goes out to you.
Mojo 60 120AX BCP
MadYak 55AX CCP
Manta OS 55CCP
Crack Yak
Griffwerks Bipe
Sabre 35
Sbach 65 now OS GT22
Mojo 65 OS GT22
30-50CC fatties
DLG's rule
caf2461
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:12 am

Bump
sleepin
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Sorry for your loss. Mark was a great guy. He bought a couple transmitters and a few other things from me over the years. He also came and visited me at my flying field and we spent the day talking. He was very easy to talk to, and we had a few good laughs. I had always hoped we would do that again someday.

He will be missed. R.I.P. Mark
2-Stroke Freak
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:10 pm

sorry for your loss

I miss the wolf man

we need a memorial section
si vis pacem para bellum!!!
Black Guns Matter
Tarzan
I don't care who you are if your flying euro or tray radio style with your hands hovering free above the transmitter and holding the sticks from the top pinching. Your not into women...
IRON MAN
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:40 pm

IRON MAN wrote:sorry for your loss

I miss the wolf man

we need a memorial section

This post is in the memorial section. :rockoncool:
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) Blanton's
4) Bakers
5) John J Bowman
6) Woodford
7) Berheim's
8) Widow Jane
9) Black maple hill
Yoni
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
si vis pacem para bellum!!!
Black Guns Matter
Tarzan
I don't care who you are if your flying euro or tray radio style with your hands hovering free above the transmitter and holding the sticks from the top pinching. Your not into women...
IRON MAN
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 pm

I just wanted to jump back in here and thank all the posters for their nice replies. Would like to mention that Mark's stone was made by a great guy, David Vaughn at Vaughn's Monument Works in Mark's hometown of Cookeville Tennessee. His plot was donated by his uncle Joe Peterson, of Manistique Michigan. Want to also send out a public thank you to my cousin Jo-Nell Berger and her husband John, who graciously hosted me as I attended to the burial. Discovered a shorter and much nicer video of Mark at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmmRUmRxqQY He passed less than two years after this video was made. Below is a picture of him I just recovered from an old computer. Appreciate your loved ones while you can.
Attachments
g3.jpg
JasonInTN
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 am

Keyman was a great Bro. He is the reason I found this place. I was looking for an OMP Ultimate at the time and he said I needed to come over and check out this site called The Profile Brotherhood and I should be able to come across one there. I joined up here and sure enough I was able to get an OMP Ultimate from Keyman himself. He said I should come to this get together called NashBro and he would deliver it there for me. It was my first Nash and haven't missed one since. Sorry to hear he is gone. :drink:
Fly Hard - Live Free
Island Runner
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Island Runner wrote:Keyman was a great Bro. He is the reason I found this place. I was looking for an OMP Ultimate at the time and he said I needed to come over and check out this site called The Profile Brotherhood and I should be able to come across one there. I joined up here and sure enough I was able to get an OMP Ultimate from Keyman himself. He said I should come to this get together called NashBro and he would deliver it there for me. It was my first Nash and haven't missed one since. Sorry to hear he is gone. :drink:

I was always after that kit but he wanted too much money for it. He told me several times the reason he was asking $400 for the kit is because ups had delivered to the wrong house, he said to an empty house and somehow he was on the hook for it so he had to ask the price of two of them plus shipping to be whole again :drink:
1) Whistlepig Rye
2) Bookers
3) Blanton's
4) Bakers
5) John J Bowman
6) Woodford
7) Berheim's
8) Widow Jane
9) Black maple hill
Yoni
Dr Constrictor
Pro Bro