The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Fall '14 video contest. First vids due 10-26

34K views 207 replies 39 participants last post by  WoodPilot 
#1 ·
/iBang: Sorry to post jack you Allen but I wanted to get this in the first post. Video contest is happening. First vids due 10/26 by midnight. Voting will run through Wednesday and then next round starts the next Sunday at midnight. Review the rules thread from past contests for applicable rules.

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
iBang said:
I'll keep you company in *** class Jake. Incidentally, I'll also do my usual job and run this thing if we have enough participation interest.
I think I may have to make an entry for *** class this year. Since I couldn't swing Nash I've been feeling this deep regret about not giving my inner Bro some Love. Yeah I'm a *** for a Bro or a Bro for a ***.

Might Give me a reason to finally finish my damn Doug G inspired Laser that has been ARF'd for 6 months.

#17 ·
So what do we have to do? Never been apart of one before but my flying is getting better so i might be interested.

#21 ·
cbarnes0061 said:
So what do we have to do? Never been apart of one before but my flying is getting better so i might be interested.
Fly your sack off for 3min of unedited video.
Any plane any power any size and way any how in any conditions.

Post to YouTube or Vimeo and Pm the link to Ian or the mod running it.

He will randomly pair you to others in your class and post.

Classes:
bro-any skill level
Pro-must be compitant enough to do roller and most other basic 3D maneuvers)
***-must have won pro class atleast once in the past.

#23 ·
I'll try to get someone to shoot video for me.

For those of you on the fence, go ahead and submit a video. Don't worry about being good enough. Just fly your best and submit the video. I did two years ago and had a blast doing it. I didn't care whether I won or not. It was fun just to participate. I also liked watching the other bros' videos and seeing the different flying styles.

#24 ·
I'm deff in for the bro class then. I guess this means more video of the ChubCub is on the way. I'm assuming prizes are just bragging rights amongst the hood.

#26 ·
Just to clarify for some of the new guys, the primary goal of the video contest is pure fun. Flying for a camera is a sure-fire way to sharpen your flying skills due to the time limit restrictions. It's also a great way to figure out and learn new maneuvers.

The video entry can be as short as you want, but should not be any longer than 3 minutes. If everybody submits a 10 minute video, it simply takes too long to watch them all. Keep them at 3 minutes or less.

The video entry must be an unedited continuous shot. You can edit out anything before your video entry starts, and edit out anything after your video entry has ended, but you can't edit anything within your video entry.

For example if you have a 5 minute video, then choose the best continuous 3 minute section for the entry and edit out the rest of the video. Takeoffs and landings are not required to be in the video so starting and ending a video in the middle of a long flight is not a problem.

Background music is an option. You can fly to music, or add a music track to the flight video, or skip the music entirely so the motor or engine sounds are audible.

Here are the official rules from 2012. The dates don't apply anymore, but it will clarify how the contest works.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27551

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.