Mounting Li-Po methods

All electric, all good.

Re: Mounting Li-Po methods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:53 am

i use 2 servo screws through hobbyking velcro and a strap- except on small foamies, the hk velcro enough. if you've never used it, try it. strongest grip i've found. a meter by 75mm for 4 bucks. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/polyester-h ... s_products

i don't like their black battery straps, they separate. i buy velcro brand of those.
"you didn't add strength. you added WEIGHT"- w.f.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

Remove Advertisements

TheProfileBrotherhood.com
Advertisement

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm

I'm just about to build my first Hots Profile 3D-55 plane and I was thinking about this exact issue. If I mount a 6S Li-Po on the side of the fuse (as shown in a previous post), will this not affect the flight characteristics? Should I go with two 3S or 4S batteries mounted on either side of the fuse? (Sorry if this is a really dumb question...)

Jon
jthiele
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:13 pm

jthiele wrote:I'm just about to build my first Hots Profile 3D-55 plane and I was thinking about this exact issue. If I mount a 6S Li-Po on the side of the fuse (as shown in a previous post), will this not affect the flight characteristics? Should I go with two 3S or 4S batteries mounted on either side of the fuse? (Sorry if this is a really dumb question...)

Jon

Yes you can, one on each side :tu:
Scratch built slabs, nitro power, any questions!! :rockon:
West Coast Bro
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:37 am

i don't think will affect too much, but 2 3s batteries on a y is cheaper and better setup.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:47 pm

All the above advice is great and also you can use the single 3S on smaller birds :D
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Cartman - " It was great to see Straight up even tho he broke all my planes :lol: "
c/f - "I am currently trying to make this event cause I like flying Jeffs planes and he no longer comes to Nash,,, :P "
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:41 pm

Been reading old threads,learning a lot,thanks for all the info guys, and the laughs. Do seem,el is so easy and no oil,just charge and go,if you keep them batts under control. But,i do see a small trend,yes, its there,el flyers always want more.Its a game,to see how much you can get away with,how hard can you push batt and motor to get more. On the smaller planes i see it,see the need and the ease. But, when needing 55ax and up power why,why buy them high dollar batts and beat them up. Never seem to have the power,or flight times you want. Yes its easy,clean,but just not nitro, or gas,and they never leave you with i wish i had more,lets get bigger batt feeling. Need more,get nitro,save the el for small planes. Just starting a spark.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Location: 1 mile from lake Thurmond 15miles north of augusta ga.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:51 am

nitro is dead. gas and electric only way to go.

come to nash next year, fly some bro approved electric setups.

c/f will show you some h.p. on electrics!
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:11 am

I hate velcro on my batteries, Tried many things then I found the stuff below when I lost to many batteries with FPV dirtnaps and slinging batteries. The drone boyz got it figured out. I mount with screws, slots, epoxy, CA, slid under a subplate rest pad, all the above listed in thread. Downside is you have to get right sized strap for silicone to work. The warmth of the battery actually causes the battery to adhere itself to strap and some cases the sticky pad if used.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=silicone+lipo ... &ia=images

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=silicone+lipo ... &ia=images
c/f
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:36 am

"But, when needing 55ax and up power why,why buy them high dollar batts and beat them up. Never seem to have the power,or flight times you want. Yes its easy,clean,but just not nitro, or gas,and they never leave you with i wish i had more,lets get bigger batt feeling. Need more,get nitro,save the el for small planes. Just starting a spark."

You really need to get to a Pro Bro with multistate attendees, NAshbro or MO bro's to name a few, You will see an .55AX sized profile is anemic in flight envelope as compared to lectric. Up to 50cc electric has lightest wing loading, higher thrust to weight power, for 4 minutes over liquid fuel which only leads in the flight time category and the downside of chasing fuel and starvation of a naturally aspirated carburator subject to gravity against High G manuevering.

Now saying all this I really do enjoy watching Vince throw a 55 sized nitro powered profile around for 8 minutes or more, and then theres the smell Ive known since 1972. I definately have a PIPED AX55 Madyak on the bucketlist, just waiting for the fire sale on attic stashes to amass the pieces. Got a feeling its coming sooner than later.

Heres some lectric math, a 50cc siced plane typically carries a battery weight penalty of 1800grams, this will effectively deliver 6 HP of power for 4 minutes. Now how many 50cc are outputing an easy 6 HP?
c/f
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:45 am

i still love horsing a saito 72 on a 13-6 scimitar- on a burrito- which i'm going th do to trevor's plane...dog it, then go, it's like riding a bike, duude! :lol: of course, that plane's 15 years old. I've evolved. some never do.

but electric is the shit if you set up right. i'm settled on 3s 2200 or better, 35421000-1250 kv. 13-6 electric 1.00 hk props.plane ia 40 size, traditional 4 lb. if you can build light like me.

same plane at sub 3 lb. over 5 lb. thrust. 6 min. flight time if you understand the left stick has a use.

look at my sub 3 lb. kadet seniorita trainers. ask phread, they aren't lacking in any respact.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:52 am

foam seniorita, used as a trainer. i can tell you the setup. or ask thom. or doug g. or the other doug, is their setup good, or what is better? and have they ever had a better old man plane that flew better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtQD-Tav15M
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 pm

and i just popularize it. claude mccullough was stationed in italy during ww2. buit planes outa blocks of balsa he salvaged from life rafts. he didn't cut weaking holes on autocad, he built badass planes to do what he envisioned.

I think we've lost something since the "engineered" arfs came out to enable the sheeple masses to be able to participate in an intelligent man's pastime.
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Yes,i agree,i fly rc cause its hard,its not easy to build a great plane. Now,out the box foam,thats as far as they get,no love,no understanding,plug an go. EL can do it,but like i said,always a bit short. Next gen of batts will take over,its true. Nitro dead,nope,still bad ass,for 8,10,12 mins a time. But i do admit,on small planes it wins,if 4 min flights is ok. Yep,i will admit,as a old man,el is easy,no bending over,adjusting engines and flipping props.El so easy a cave man can do it,is that what we become. Its not easy to start a nitro ,doest even have a ,.sparkplug.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:46 pm

I’ve been using something similar to the ones on the link below for the 40 size and up.

https://www.amazon.com/Fastening-YiwerD ... ro+&sr=8-5
The Argentinian Pro Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

And now proud member of the RMM.
gus
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:09 pm

nice! and w.f. priced!
Wild Fred
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:58 pm

Truckers rachet strap,go round and round,click it tight,that hold all them batterys.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Truckers bungees hold them suckers to,strap 4 or 5 to each wing. :rofl: :rofl: All come on,l just having fun.
sparkplug
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Electric, The ProBro Way