The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Which do you enjoy more and would like to see more designs of?

• Slow and floaty

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • High energy

Votes: 18 31.0%

What do you like?

12K views 130 replies 34 participants last post by  WoodPilot 
#1 ·
The guys at WRRC were discussing today about what we each like to fly more of and why certain planes never seem to take off while others designs never get old.

We kinda think the consensus is more bros like slow, floaty slabs like mojo60's and Slide 58's more so than higher energy slabs like the EE60 and the Glitters.

Vote for which you enjoy flying most and what you'd like to see more new design's feature traits to be.

#4 ·
I am a slow and floaty guy myself. That is exactly why I designed the UL slabs. I am kinda wanting to venture a little into higher energy designs but slow and floaty will always be my preference. I think that is because my brain just doesn't work as fast as some of you guys. I need time to think when I'm flying. :p

#5 ·
I like a loose floater, something that will fly with a great deal of controllability at a snails pace, yet if you put the sticks in the corners all hell breaks loose. Sure, it's harder to make a pop top look good with a plane like that as it doesn't carry momentum like a higher energy bird, but throttle management can fudge it well enough.

#7 ·
I like to have both. But what I like best is high energy. Any slab can be loose but not every slab can fly clean both slow and fast and carry energy to do the extreme stuff.

I love flying my mojo60 but it doesn't give me a hard on like a glitter... I'll channel my inner Evan Shadix here and say its Kinda like going on a date with the cute girl next door vs shoving a strippers head into a wall and going scotched earth on dat azz...

#8 ·
3dRookie said:
I like a loose floater, something that will fly with a great deal of controllability at a snails pace, yet if you put the sticks in the corners all hell breaks loose. Sure, it's harder to make a pop top look good with a plane like that as it doesn't carry momentum like a higher energy bird, but throttle management can fudge it well enough.
+1 well said :rockon:

Slow n floaty is good for those late night probro flights when the beer is flowing. At least then you have a chance finding the dang thing when it inevitably ends up in the bushes

#11 ·
West Coast Bro said:
3dRookie said:
+1 well said :rockon:

Slow n floaty is good for those late night probro flights when the beer is flowing. At least then you have a chance finding the dang thing when it inevitably ends up in the bushes
Exactly :rockoncool:

#17 ·
Low and slow is okay for a quick 1 or 2 flights but for all day flying I'm left wanting more.

I keep going back to a Razor Yak built the original way as my go to slab. I like the crisp feel ( to me ) and the way it handles the wind in my area.

Also a slab with removable wing is a big deciding factor for me.

#19 ·
And this is where the glitter comes in in my opinion. It is a high energy violent little bitch. Now it doesn't slow down like like a mojo60 but when you kick it up into high alpha it still remains stable and leaves you feeling in control the whole time but just moves a little quicker. I think everyone needs to try a glitter.

#20 ·
The moving quicker part is what ppl don't like I believe Chris, if things get out of wack it's over quicker:)

I still think theres a bridge between the two and I've been trying different things to get there.

Part of the problem is the question is so subjective, as you can see the lamsuk feels loose to wf , not so much to me. So each person has a different feel

#21 ·
BalsaDust said:
And this is where the glitter comes in in my opinion. It is a high energy violent little bitch. Now it doesn't slow down like like a mojo60 but when you kick it up into high alpha it still remains stable and leaves you feeling in control the whole time but just moves a little quicker. I think everyone needs to try a glitter.
I flew the hell out of Goofy's glitter at Nash 15, great bird for sure. But not low and slow.

#25 ·
This is very subjective. Especially to what you have flown. I have not flow that many different slabs. The EE, Slick 360-35, RazorYak, GlitterJr. I love my EE but its heavy and is not as violent as Cappy's. His is lighter weight and has more power.
The RazorYak was fun but I have not flown it much.
I love the little Slick 360-35. It will slow down and not fall out of the sky. But will do some higher energy moves, but not crazy.
The glitter Jr for me was pretty loose. But I only flew it once. It fell straight of the sky when I tried to land it and broke the prop.

I'll be flying my Ultimate Bipe, Glitter Jr, and the LRC Slick 40 this summer. So maybe I'll have a better option after this summer is over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.