OMP Edge 80" what prop?

Re: OMP Edge 80" what prop?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 am

tcipolla wrote:I'm looking for a new prop for my Edge too. Looking at the Xoar 19x8 or 20x6 for my Moki 1.8. Whats better, the Beechwood or the Laminated Xoars? The Beechwood look like they have a wider blade, but it's hard to tell.

I remember trying a lot of props on my Moki 1.8 and Aeroworks profile... The 18x8w APC flew the 12 pound plane the best.. I seem to remember high 8k for an rpm. As mentioned, it like the 5% nitro pretty good.
Sign of the times. I had to sell the yatch
to be able to take the wife to a wedding of
one of her family. Back to reality.
WrongWayRC
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

TimHendrix wrote:
tcipolla wrote:Yeah, I know I've got to get rid of the zinger. Trying to decide what to go with.

Hey Tim...good talking to ya at the swap meet last weekend. We need to get together and do some flying this summer. When ya gonna build those kits you couldn't sell? :lol:

Tim Hendrix

Yeah good to meet and talk to you too. Sorry I hijacked your thread here. Hopefully I'll get a kit on the board soon, just trying to decide which one to start on first, though I may try to dump a few of them here.
Tim
tcipolla
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 pm

No worries man. I ended up ordering a 19x6 and a 20x6 Xoar for the 35. I hope it pulls it ok. Capthis said it would. If not, I'll have to kick his a$$.:). I too have a few zingers lying around. Remember when they were the shit?
TH
TimHendrix
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 pm

For sure. I have a Mejlik 19x8 on my other Moki 1.8 that hauls a porky 18lb Extra around with authority, more of a sport type plane. I don't want to spend ~$50 on another prop though.
Tim
tcipolla
Pro Bro

Previous

Return to Ohio Model Products