OMP Fusion 67in ARF - CG

OMP Fusion 67in ARF - CG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm

I have flown my Fusion 67in ARF 6 times now and it has a real tendency to drop the LH wing on normal aileron LH turns.
Lateral CG was off initially so I added lead to the LH wing tip and now it is perfertly balanced.
Moved the CG forward to about 8 in as well - no changes.
Played with Aileron thows (less) and varying degrees of Aileron Expo with no improvement.
Running O.S. 120 pumped 4 stroker and has tons of power but I just don't like the way carves a turn - Pretty much on knife edge to get it to turn around at the end of the field. Almost feels like it is going to roll over to inverted.
Does it need some Aileron differential perhaps?

Any other ideas on what to try?

Thanks!
KenCz
Pro Bro

Re: OMP Fusion 67in ARF - CG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Don't exactly understand the problem, but since left wing wants to drop, perhaps you could try putting a little more right thrust on the engine?
TheGreatBoo
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm

If its a slab lateral balance isn't really something most of us worry much about. Id need to see it fly to really tell you. Post a vid if you can.
RIP Duke, Daddy loves you ALWAYS!
Thumbskull "Wulfie is the Liberace of ProBro's". RIP John, you are missed Brother.
Mchone Jake. "My gym teacher touched me! I didn't mind it"!
Evan Shadix. "wish apc had a trade in program"!
rcaircraftnut
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm

KenCz wrote:I have flown my Fusion 67in ARF 6 times now and it has a real tendency to drop the LH wing on normal aileron LH turns.
Lateral CG was off initially so I added lead to the LH wing tip and now it is perfertly balanced.
Moved the CG forward to about 8 in as well - no changes.
Played with Aileron thows (less) and varying degrees of Aileron Expo with no improvement.
Running O.S. 120 pumped 4 stroker and has tons of power but I just don't like the way carves a turn - Pretty much on knife edge to get it to turn around at the end of the field. Almost feels like it is going to roll over to inverted.
Does it need some Aileron differential perhaps?

Any other ideas on what to try?

Thanks!

What is the plane's dry RTF weight? That engine weighs a ton, and frankly you don't need a pump on the profile plane. If you coming in at way over 8Lb, that is a problem of the high wing loading... Fusion is a very neutral, you can fly IMAC with it, KE should be with no or very slight aileron input.
2-stroke engines are THE MOST ANNOYING THING(<-click on red link ;) )
BlockBuster
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Warped wing or aileron?

Also make sure that you have EXACTLY the same amount of throw on both ailerons. Differential does not work good on profiles, it gives them very weird tendencies. When I started making sure my rons had equal throw up and down, and both rons had the same, my profiles flew night and day better.
ProBro #282
ProLife ProBro
Straightup
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Just had the same thing on a nose heavy AW 50cc Yak , Moved CG back and it got sweet. :dk:

Stop turning left :lol:
Thumbs
Pro Bro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Thumbs wrote:Stop turning left :lol:

profiles dont "turn", lol unless your rolling it thru the turn, haha! :rockoncool:
WrongRudderR/C

Gayjo40 / Yak47 / WhoreHawk63 / Glitter55 / UL Slick35 / LamSuk46 / EE25 / Razoryak67-RTC / Fusion67-RTC / Moass60-Needs TLC / EE60-RTC / GlitterJR-Cut / BigTiddyGlitter-Cut
WoodPilot
Pro Bro

Return to Ohio Model Products